Adam Rittenberg: Off-field issues adding up for Gophers

Honestly, I'm not worried as a whole. More than likely, the felonies with get reduced or dismissed. Cops like to pile on charges that don't always stick. Tinsley is probably going to be suspended for a while, but I doubt they'll kick him off the team. Unless of course, he seems unwilling to accept whatever punishment he's handed by the school.

I am curious if he will give up the name of the other moped rider that got away. That sounds like a bargaining chip for sure.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why would you be charged with fleeing police on foot AND in a vehicle as 2 separate charges? I get that the punishment for fleeing in a vehicle would be steeper because it's dangerous to others, but it seems stupid to get charged with BOTH because you ran on foot after leaving your car/moped. It seems kind of like getting a speeding ticket for going 70 in a 55, but you also get a ticket for 69, 68, 67... 56

They actually are two seperate charges. He probably did both, that is why he got charged with both.

I am curious if he will give up the name of the other moped rider that got away. That sounds like a bargaining chip for sure.

Sounds like a Royce White Scenario, Part 2. Does Tinsley do his own videos?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why would you be charged with fleeing police on foot AND in a vehicle as 2 separate charges? I get that the punishment for fleeing in a vehicle would be steeper because it's dangerous to others, but it seems stupid to get charged with BOTH because you ran on foot after leaving your car/moped. It seems kind of like getting a speeding ticket for going 70 in a 55, but you also get a ticket for 69, 68, 67... 56

normally they charge as many counts as they can depending on the alledged incident. prosecutors thern using them as bargaining chips to get a plea to something and dismiss others.

Two different statutes two different crimes

Brewster should do what Ferentz would do

suspend him.......for one game......against Middle Tennesse State. That'll teach him.

+1 on the sentiment here. It may be standard operating procedure to do this, but as an outsider to the legal system, it seems incredibly stupid and an obvious case of following the letter of the law at the expense of the spirit. That said, he obviously broke the law, and whatever the courts decide, I'm fine with.

I'm getting pretty sick of this stuff, but I'm still glad the kids are getting in trouble for being drunk and stupid (like many kids) and not, you know....other, more disgusting things ex-Gophers have done.

Top Bottom