Adam Rittenberg: "I look at Minnesota as a program that could turn the corner"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Adam Rittenberg: "I look at Minnesota as a program that could turn the corner"

In his chat today, Adam Rittenberg said this:

Blake (Cedar Rapids, IA)
I can't help but admire how much Pat Fitzgerald has transformed Northwestern. I'm not a Wildcats fan, but I wouldn't be able to resist a smile if they end up winning their division. Out of the lower half of the Big Ten (i.e. Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, etc.), which team is best primed to follow in Northwestern's footsteps?

Adam Rittenberg
All three teams have a chance to make a jump, but I look at Minnesota as a program that could turn the corner in the next year or so. My only concern is recruiting and whether Jerry Kill and his staff can bring in enough top-level Big Ten talent. I know they can coach and turn around programs. Indiana and Purdue also have a chance to rise up. I like both coaches at those schools.

Danny (Minneapolis)
What are the odds of the Gophers climbing out of the basement of the division and passing... I don't know... Let's say... Iowa?

Adam Rittenberg
I actually have Minnesota finishing ahead of Iowa, but both teams appear to be behind the top four (Neb, Mich, Northwestern, MSU) in the Legends. Minnesota needs to identify some playmakers around QB Philip Nelson on offense and exhibit more physical play on both lines. Jerry Kill liked the physical play in the bowl against Texas Tech and hopes it carries over into this season. Gophers have to stay healthy, too.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/48782/ncaa-fb-with-rittenberg

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom