Adam Rittenberg: Gophers face key decision after losing Fisch

So Rittenberg likes Gunter too. Solid choice from a big program ready for the next step. I just hope the process is quick.

I clicked on the link thinking "Huh, I wonder what PantherHawk had to say about this...." Sure enough, there he was. That dude is seriously diseased.

Pantherhawk

He is seriously 90% of the time the first to post on every Gopher story on ESPN. I think he keeps up on Gopher stuff more than Hawkeye stuff. Sad sad little man.

I believe he is also referred to as "brewsterhaha" on the strib comments. He must have the most posts on every gopher article posted on the strib. The guy has a serious mental disease and really needs to be medicated.

Pantherhawk

I believe he is also "BigMinnesootan" on ESPN. The guy who spells everything wrong and is made to sound extremely dumb while attempting to brag about the Gophers.

Pantherhawk even posts about the Gophers on articles not even about the gophers. He often goes into an article about other teams and players, and says "Where's all the goofers at?"

I quit checking comments for insight due to PH being on there.

Ph's world comes apart if the U football program rises to the top......so he posts over and over and over to assure himself that it cannot occur. he suffers

Good article. Gunter does seem like a good choice. And I agree with Rittenberg that while Brewster has (rightfully) gotten a lot of grief for his choices and handling of offensive coordinators, on the whole Cosgrove was a good choice on the defensive side. Hopefully he sticks around for a couple more seasons, if only for continuity's sake.

One question, depending on who Brewster brings in at OC: If it is a significantly different system than the (insert ethnic group name) fire drill that Fisch inflicted on the team last year, is it better to spend Weber's last season getting him reacclimated to it, or are we better off investing that time in Marquies Gray's development. Kinda unfair to Adam, but it is what it is.

And yes, Pantherhawk could greatly benefit from a regimen involving Ativan, with a generous helping of Zoloft thrown in for good measure. Not sure if they make either of those in horsepill size, though.

I quit checking comments for insight due to PH being on there.

Ph's world comes apart if the U football program rises to the top......so he posts over and over and over to assure himself that it cannot occur. he suffers

Maybe we're all wrong about Pantherhawk; turns out he's a Masonite!

PantherHawk (1/21/2010 at 8:28 AM) Report Violation
"They had no choice but to run a spread based on the complete absence of talent left by Mason upon his departure. They had absolutely nothing, so spreading out the field made sense."
================== ==================== =====
Greatest fantasy in the history of goofernation!! Decker is "absolutely nothing?" Pinnix was a 1000 yard rusher before the goofster showed up!! Alex Daniels now starts for a top 10 program?? Barber in the NFL??????? VDS in the NFL??? TE's????????? 6 staright bowls and on and on and on.............

I still think Hohensee would be a good choice. Another guy who would be good is the old Syracuse and Clemson offensive Coordinator I think his last name is Spence. He would be a Cosgrove type hire and a guy who would maybe stay for awhile.

I still think Hohensee would be a good choice. Another guy who would be good is the old Syracuse and Clemson offensive Coordinator I think his last name is Spence. He would be a Cosgrove type hire and a guy who would maybe stay for awhile.

You do? What a surprise. No one here knew you liked Hohensee, You should mention his name more often in posts so we know you think he is a good choice for OC.:rolleyes:

Mentioning Mike Hohensee and Rob Spence in the same post is hilarious.

One would be a legitimate hire; the other is just ridiculous.

I'd like the new OC to commit for 3 years minimum to establish continuity and identity. After that, they can move on if they want.

I'd like the new OC to commit for 3 years minimum to establish continuity and identity. After that, they can move on if they want.

Agree that I'd love to see that, but by all accounts Roof told Brewster he would stay and Fisch still had another year on his contract and left anyway. During the interview process, you have to assess the candidates and rely on people to be honest. Many people don't think it's a lie to tell a prospective employer what they think the employer wants to hear in an interview or think that such a lie is justified in those circumstances. People also change their minds about what they want or where they want to be. There's not much you can do to force people to stay who want to leave. The U could try to draft an iron-clad three year deal with no outs, but not many of the best candidates would accept such a deal and the U wouldn't want to be locked into anybody that long with Brewster's status being year-to-year. It's just the way the game is played when you are in the situation we are in right now (and for most of my life).

I totally agree, switching oc or dc is not helping this program and where they want to go. I don't see the positive, could someone tell me what the positives are? I am trying to remain upbeat but it is hard when this is going on, switching coaches all the time.

I'd like to hire a coordinator that's so good every school in the country wants to hire him. After that he can decide what he wants to do.

A lot of people get way too caught up in stability. I'd much rather have people wanting to hire our coaches than not.

I'd like to hire a coordinator that's so good every school in the country wants to hire him. After that he can decide what he wants to do.

A lot of people get way too caught up in stability. I'd much rather have people wanting to hire our coaches than not.

Normally, at a school that has an offense in place that all the coaches are familiar with, that would be the case. But at a school that is floundering and searching for what works, they need an OC for more than one year. It could be done in two years, but three would be much better.

Top Bottom