Actor and comedian Jerry Stiller has died of natural causes, Ben Stiller says

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CNN:

Actor and comedian Jerry Stiller has died due to natural causes, his son, actor Ben Stiller said in a tweet. He was 92.

"He was a great dad and grandfather, and the most dedicated husband to Anne for about 62 years. He will be greatly missed. Love you Dad," the tweet read.

Perhaps by most, Jerry Stiller was known for his role as Frank Costanza in the show "Seinfeld" and about a decade later, as Arthur Spooner in the sitcom, "The King of Queens."

Stiller had lost his wife, Anne Meara, in 2015. The two met in a New York casting call in 1953 and a few short years later became the timeless "Stiller & Meara" comedy team -- making their name in the 1960s with frequent performances on variety shows, including the "The Ed Sullivan Show."

Go Frank Costanza!!

Man, that sucks. I know that happens to everyone, but maybe it's the fact I know I'm getting older. The MASH cast, Magnum PI is in his 70s. Depressing in it's own way.

For the past few years he had been telling mostly old jokes.

Jerry Stiller’s most important work was the intro videos he did for RUSH in the last decade of their amazing career. Jerry was a huge RUSH fan. RIP.

Heidi

Last edited:

Somehow I missed Stiller's passing. Probably because daily news is so dreary I make it a point to bypass most of it.

Stiller & Meara were great on Ed Sullivan & he was great on both Seinfeld & King of Queens. If there is a TV hall of fame, he belongs in it.

Top Bottom