Ace Rogers says Kaler's comments on team reading report, ending boycott is false

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The worst part of this whole thing is that for the players to fully defend themselves this will get uglier. And Coyle/Kaler have put themselves in a terrible position by reinstating the 4 primary accused during the season...they read the police report and interviewed the young men and knew it included a 17 year old recruit, included 4 players having sex with the accuser in the span of 90 minutes, they knew this was going to be viewed as disgusting by even the more open minded people and as completely heinous by the more conservative folks.

In the end, this is what Coyle and Kaler will have to answer for IMO and it is the thing that will bring them both down. The players were understandably confused and the Admin sent mixed messages and then no messages and lied about Claeys to the media/team and while right now they may look righteous for standing tall on the issue of sexual assault when the Regents get done with them and shock of the acts are replaced with calm objective analysis, I don't see them surviving.

Gosh darn it, I hope he never comprises. I hope none of the gopher football players comprise!

Ace is correct. Twitter ensures that dissenting voices can be heard over incompetent, powerful people like Kaler.

Kaler is coming across really bad again.

Implying that after reading the report the team changed their mind (which is an alleged lie), opens the U up for litigation.
Referring to the alleged victim as a victim of sexual assault, opens the U up for litigation.

Could you imagine a situation where a police report was written as one sided as the EOAA? What I mean by one-sided is that it explains all of her actions and contains long sections of her internal dialogue. It is one-sided because her attorneys were present. Theirs weren't.

Could you imagine a situation where a judge was referring to an alleged victim as if it was a matter of fact?

The U has botched this situation, horribly. They've botched it in a way that is completely unfair to the accused and completely unfair to the alleged victim. It clouds the investigation. Due process is really for the accused and the victim.

You can watch Making a Murderer and think Steven Avery is guilty AND think the County was crooked and botched the entire thing. That botching of the case and investigation was unfair to Steven Avery, but more importantly, it is extremely unfair to victim and her family. The investigation clouds Avery's guilt (to some people).

Process is important. It is necessary. It is the source of justice.

Implying that after reading the report the team changed their mind (which is an alleged lie), opens the U up for litigation.
Referring to the alleged victim as a victim of sexual assault, opens the U up for litigation.

Could you imagine a situation where a police report was written as one sided as the EOAA? What I mean by one-sided is that it explains all of her actions and contains long sections of her internal dialogue. It is one-sided because her attorneys were present. Theirs weren't.

Could you imagine a situation where a judge was referring to an alleged victim as if it was a matter of fact?

The U has botched this situation, horribly. They've botched it in a way that is completely unfair to the accused and completely unfair to the alleged victim. It clouds the investigation. Due process is really for the accused and the victim.

You can watch Making a Murderer and think Steven Avery is guilty AND think the County was crooked and botched the entire thing. That botching of the case and investigation was unfair to Steven Avery, but more importantly, it is extremely unfair to victim and her family. The investigation clouds Avery's guilt (to some people).

Kaler doesn't know it yet because he is arrogant, but he is going to be fired for how he has handled this. His reign is on borrowed time.

Papers reported the team split when they read report and their parents started calling them after reading report. I don't think Kaler gave paper that information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaler doesn't know it yet because he is arrogant, but he is going to be fired for how he has handled this. His reign is on borrowed time.

i'll be shocked if that happens. I think the U brought in about $312M in donations this past year. from memory, i think that's almost double the donations from a couple years ago.

The worst part of this whole thing is that for the players to fully defend themselves this will get uglier. And Coyle/Kaler have put themselves in a terrible position by reinstating the 4 primary accused during the season...they read the police report and interviewed the young men and knew it included a 17 year old recruit, included 4 players having sex with the accuser in the span of 90 minutes, they knew this was going to be viewed as disgusting by even the more open minded people and as completely heinous by the more conservative folks.

In the end, this is what Coyle and Kaler will have to answer for IMO and it is the thing that will bring them both down. The players were understandably confused and the Admin sent mixed messages and then no messages and lied about Claeys to the media/team and while right now they may look righteous for standing tall on the issue of sexual assault when the Regents get done with them and shock of the acts are replaced with calm objective analysis, I don't see them surviving.

Thanks for summarizing my multiple rants.

Well stated! Thanks for the post.

Assuming Kaler and Coyle survive, without a detailed plan for the future, their talk is just lip service.

I actually agree with all of this. From that night in September all the way up to today parties on all sides have made very poor decisions.

I sure hope so. He is totally incompetent but given the "progressive" nature of the U of M I am not so sure.

Could be. Personally, I'd like Coyle to get hammered first. Hard to know who is calling the shots, but assuming he is running the AD he has messed this from the start. Poor decisions, poor communication to the team & parents, and has already been caught in a couple lies. Not much of a leader at this time and likely isn't very respected in the department at this time.

Could be. Personally, I'd like Coyle to get hammered first. Hard to know who is calling the shots, but assuming he is running the AD he has messed this from the start. Poor decisions, poor communication to the team & parents, and has already been caught in a couple lies. Not much of a leader at this time and likely isn't very respected in the department at this time.

If Claeys is in over his head, how far in over his head is Coyle? Coyle should be fired tomorrow. He has no business running this dept. based on his inept handling of the basics of this case.

100% agree. His mismanagement has caused a very bad situatuion to turn into a national nightmare. Complete assumption, but I'm guessing TC was neutered very early on. Then EK and MC allowed it to go completely off the rails.

Coyle and his "background management" (or significant lack thereof) needs to go. He is nothing but a pawn to a very mediocre administration at UMN. There is NO leadership and Coyle needs to be fired ASAP, right after Kaler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

100% agree. His mismanagement has caused a very bad situatuion to turn into a national nightmare. Complete assumption, but I'm guessing TC was neutered very early on. Then EK and MC allowed it to go completely off the rails.

TC seems to be the only one standing with any credibility or integrity on this. Coming out against his lying management, may have cost him his job, but at least he kept his integrity.

TC seems to be the only one standing with any credibility or integrity on this. Coming out against his lying management, may have cost him his job, but at least he kept his integrity.

Pretty much. But he's still fat and quiet. He "doesn't look and act like someone who should be a Head Coach" so the guys who've been clamoring to get him fired are still clamoring to get him fired.

Yea I agree, but I respect the fact that his credibility and integrity was more important to him than his job. Might just be a quiet leader. Sometimes it is important to recognize when ones action and words are aligned. One's character is something that can never be taken away. I for one respect TC for sticking to his conviction.

Pretty much. But he's still fat and quiet. He "doesn't look and act like someone who should be a Head Coach" so the guys who've been clamoring to get him fired are still clamoring to get him fired.

I agree that TC is the only one in an authority position at the U that has provided any personal leadership or direction on this situation -- whether you agree with it or not. Meanwhile, MC has been a complete non-factor and utter disappointment. Here's the sad thing about this entire situation... Because TC is the one making statements and getting interviewed, the general public is absolutely destroying him. Read the comments in the Strib, PP or ESPN on the topic. All are calling for his head. Also, they are condemning the 10 suspended players as rapists. Meanwhile, MC gets a pass and looks like the guy playing hardball against sexual assault.

I agree that TC is the only one in an authority position at the U that has provided any personal leadership or direction on this situation -- whether you agree with it or not. Meanwhile, MC has been a complete non-factor and utter disappointment. Here's the sad thing about this entire situation... Because TC is the one making statements and getting interviewed, the general public is absolutely destroying him. Read the comments in the Strib, PP or ESPN on the topic. All are calling for his head. Also, they are condemning the 10 suspended players as rapists. Meanwhile, MC gets a pass and looks like the guy playing hardball against sexual assault.

Yep and it's a perfect storm of attackers. People who hate athletics and football in particular. People who have had loved ones who have been the victims of sexual assault and particularly those who's loved ones never received justice. People who are racists and once they saw those pictures in the paper they just knew they were guilty. People who find sex with multiple partners repugnant and therefore no woman would consent to it period. People who have just read the headlines and don't have time, inclination or stomach to dig any deeper.Some of them may even be right.

Now add in the non-stop trolls who just want to spew anything that sounds hateful and the guys who have been campaigning non-stop for Claeys to be fired and replaced.

Like you said, in this, Tracy Claeys never had a chance.

Gosh darn it, I hope he never comprises. I hope none of the gopher football players comprise!

Good thing he wasn't chosen to be the spokesperson. Otherwise, the players would be asking for due progress and a fair healing.

Yep and it's a perfect storm of attackers. People who hate athletics and football in particular. People who have had loved ones who have been the victims of sexual assault and particularly those who's loved ones never received justice. People who are racists and once they saw those pictures in the paper they just knew they were guilty. People who find sex with multiple partners repugnant and therefore no woman would consent to it period. People who have just read the headlines and don't have time, inclination or stomach to dig any deeper.Some of them may even be right.

Now add in the non-stop trolls who just want to spew anything that sounds hateful and the guys who have been campaigning non-stop for Claeys to be fired and replaced.

Like you said, in this, Tracy Claeys never had a chance.

I agree with you, Iceland12, the only one in this situation that has not been manipulative, told out right lies and has been disingenuous is Tracy Claeys. All other parties have told half truths, some lies and have not been fully forthright with evidence and what occurred and this includes the University administration. President Kaler were truly concerned about the safety of all University students he would have never re-instated players to play games during the 2016 season, and he certainly would not have lifted these suspensions until due process for the accuser and accused was completed through the appeals process. Even if the coaches would have disliked it, all he had to do was so the suspensions stand due to a violation of team rules. Instead by re-instating all of the players feel is used and like indentured servants even if they are getting school paid for.
He Claeys is the only one that has stood up for student athletes rights(reasonable right to not have their names and likeness not released to the media), and supported his players. All President Kaler's whole goal seems to have been, is to preserve the money from the bowl game and continue the University's ability to share in conference revenue at leas that is what I conclude by all of the mixed messages and lack of communication during the season. All of the recent reports in the media from the EOAA title 9 report have been extremely one sided, painted a picture of the narrative that President Kaler intended to have painted to the local and national media. He coach Claeys has been put in an impossible position by the U of M Management, his boss AD Mark Coyle and especially President Kaler. Either way if he shut down the boycott or supported the players he was going be snaked and kicked in the butt by AD Coyle and President Kaler. There motives are to stay in power, shirk all responsibility and blame for the situation and still maintain revenue coming in for the department. These individuals lied to the parents of all of the football players about taking care of their student athletes by throwing them completely under the bus without letting the appeals process take place.
The only thing President Kaler has been trying to do is preserve the money from the bowl game by making the team play, and indemnify the University of Minnesota against the lawsuits that are likely coming from multiple parties involved in the 09/03/16 Incident because of the underage recruit involved. No matter what your viewpoint, there have been a lot of professional individuals that have been duplicitous, showed complete lack of good communication, poor leadership and a lack of integrity and reasonable transparency. President Kaler skated by on the Noorwood Teague situation, he is doing what he does best, protecting his own butt and salary. Even if you don't like what the players did, you can realize the hypocrisy and all of the outright manipulation University of Minnesota Administration officials have been pulling. They want their free trips on the taxpayers dime and they want to force the team to participate no matter what. Most leadership would have ended this fiasco and said, the only good conclusion is to vacate the bowl bid, let everyone go home, and let the appeals process play out. All playing the game is doing is giving the University of Minnesota more bad publicity(The court of public opinion hates us and our University) and leaves more questions. Kaler and Coyle's handling of this narrative and whole situation has been beyond poor.

I agree with you, Iceland12, the only one in this situation that has not been manipulative, told out right lies and has been disingenuous is Tracy Claeys. All other parties have told half truths, some lies and have not been fully forthright with evidence and what occurred and this includes the University administration. President Kaler were truly concerned about the safety of all University students he would have never re-instated players to play games during the 2016 season, and he certainly would not have lifted these suspensions until due process for the accuser and accused was completed through the appeals process. Even if the coaches would have disliked it, all he had to do was so the suspensions stand due to a violation of team rules. Instead by re-instating all of the players feel is used and like indentured servants even if they are getting school paid for.
He Claeys is the only one that has stood up for student athletes rights(reasonable right to not have their names and likeness not released to the media), and supported his players. All President Kaler's whole goal seems to have been, is to preserve the money from the bowl game and continue the University's ability to share in conference revenue at leas that is what I conclude by all of the mixed messages and lack of communication during the season. All of the recent reports in the media from the EOAA title 9 report have been extremely one sided, painted a picture of the narrative that President Kaler intended to have painted to the local and national media. He coach Claeys has been put in an impossible position by the U of M Management, his boss AD Mark Coyle and especially President Kaler. Either way if he shut down the boycott or supported the players he was going be snaked and kicked in the butt by AD Coyle and President Kaler. There motives are to stay in power, shirk all responsibility and blame for the situation and still maintain revenue coming in for the department. These individuals lied to the parents of all of the football players about taking care of their student athletes by throwing them completely under the bus without letting the appeals process take place.
The only thing President Kaler has been trying to do is preserve the money from the bowl game by making the team play, and indemnify the University of Minnesota against the lawsuits that are likely coming from multiple parties involved in the 09/03/16 Incident because of the underage recruit involved. No matter what your viewpoint, there have been a lot of professional individuals that have been duplicitous, showed complete lack of good communication, poor leadership and a lack of integrity and reasonable transparency. President Kaler skated by on the Noorwood Teague situation, he is doing what he does best, protecting his own butt and salary. Even if you don't like what the players did, you can realize the hypocrisy and all of the outright manipulation University of Minnesota Administration officials have been pulling. They want their free trips on the taxpayers dime and they want to force the team to participate no matter what. Most leadership would have ended this fiasco and said, the only good conclusion is to vacate the bowl bid, let everyone go home, and let the appeals process play out. All playing the game is doing is giving the University of Minnesota more bad publicity(The court of public opinion hates us and our University) and leaves more questions. Kaler and Coyle's handling of this narrative and whole situation has been beyond poor.

And their heads should be handed to regents on a platter. There is no leadership with either Kaler or Coyle. Get rid of them now!

Top Bottom