According to Scout Minnesota offers 2012 sf Jordan Price

Jon

Reaction score
ESPN
"Strengths:
There aren't but a handfull of player's with Price's size that come ready made to play on the perimeter. Price might be skinny but he's a deadeye perimeter player, the kind that can go on big runs from downtown. With his size, he's typically at an advantage to get his shot off. Able to slie inside the arc and make a shot.
"
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/137661/jodan-price
Rivals
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jodan-Price-104170
Scout
http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=8&c=1&nid=5541433

I don't like how they say he has problems with handling, driving, and defense. Hopefully he's improved and Tubby knows what he's doing.

Jordan Price is a different guy (another 2012 - also plays for an EYBL team).. the guy we have been on is Jodan Price.

6'7" and slim, loves to shoot. LOVES. Many sites probably list him as a forward because of his size and some of what he did as a junior in high school, but I think he projects as more of 2/3 type in college. Jodan and his brother, Austin (2013), were in Indy but came to Detroit Country Day last year... Jodan is playing with The Family, who is in the EYBL and includes Canada's/Madison's Junior Lomomba on the roster as well.

49/111 3FG (44.1%) during the EYBL regular season. Only a few kids shot more from distance (led by BSM/Pulley's Isaiah Zierdan who was 53/133 for 39.8%).

At the Peach Jam, he was 17/37 for 45.9% from deep, 19/24 for 79.2% from the line, and averaged an impressive 18.4 ppg.

GWarrior, I see on your twitter you posted something about D. Johnson visiting 3 schools, I don't have a subscription so could you tell me if the gophers are one of the 3? The way Tubby's offering Price i'd guess we aren't one of them?

Jodan --above links all good -- just added an r to his name in the title-- more links

"Last season, Price was an integral piece on Country Day's nationally-ranked hoops squad that advanced into the Class B final four after transferring from a high school in Indianapolis where he played his first two years of varsity ball. He averaged 12.5 points, 7 rebounds and two blocks per game, shooting 80 percent from the free throw line and close to 45 percent from beyond the 3-point line. This guy is a like a local prep version of Tayshaun Prince….long, lethal and athletic!!!"
http://burneysbytes.blogspot.com/2011/06/blue-chip-bonanza.html

"
Price is considered to be one of the more deadly shooters in the class of 2012. He can spot up, come off a screen, or create an open look from downtown."
http://www.collegiatehoops.net/2011/06/jodan-price-picks-up-three-offers.html

GWarrior, I see on your twitter you posted something about D. Johnson visiting 3 schools, I don't have a subscription so could you tell me if the gophers are one of the 3? The way Tubby's offering Price i'd guess we aren't one of them?

We're not one of the three mentioned re: expected official visits. However, there are a lot of other schools involved besides those three.

Price a Wanted Man

"As of now, the plan for Jodan is to take visits in September. When asked what schools were currently involved in his recruitment, Jodan rattled off an impressive list. Minnesota, Northwestern, DePaul, Saint Joseph’s, Colorado, Duquesne, Lamar, Eastern Michigan, and Hofstra were all mentioned. Price does have a connection to Lamar, as his uncle, Joseph Price, is an assistant coach there. "

http://saintjosephs.scout.com/2/1096057.html

"Last season, Price was an integral piece on Country Day's nationally-ranked hoops squad that advanced into the Class B final four after transferring from a high school in Indianapolis where he played his first two years of varsity ball. He averaged 12.5 points, 7 rebounds and two blocks per game, shooting 80 percent from the free throw line and close to 45 percent from beyond the 3-point line. This guy is a like a local prep version of Tayshaun Prince….long, lethal and athletic!!!"
http://burneysbytes.blogspot.com/2011/06/blue-chip-bonanza.html

"
Price is considered to be one of the more deadly shooters in the class of 2012. He can spot up, come off a screen, or create an open look from downtown."
http://www.collegiatehoops.net/2011/06/jodan-price-picks-up-three-offers.html

This guy could be a good complement to Coleman. Coleman is very physical and can get to the rim off the dribble but is not a great shooter, Price sounds like he is the opposite.

This guy could be a good complement to Coleman. Coleman is very physical and can get to the rim off the dribble but is not a great shooter, Price sounds like he is the opposite.

When Ellenson committed, Marcus tweeted that Price has his list down to Minnesota and New Mexico. My guess is that he commits, unless they can get Hammons right away.

???

Obviously we could use a good shooter, but it sure seems like we are loading up on SG/SF's. Are people still thinking we'll end up with 3 recruits? Rodney turning pro? Ellenson, Price and Hammons would be a nice class. What's the latest on Woodbury? I sure hope he doesn't follow his buddy to Iowa.

Woodbury's future....

In the article SS posted yesterday (or recently) there was a reference to Woodbury saying basically it's between N.C., Iowa and Wisconisn.

Maybe we can still finagle a visit. Heck, we'll even name a town after him.

I believe Banyard is the recruit who is down to Minnesota and New Mexico, not Price. Not exactly the type of company I want to compete with on the recruiting trail, no offense meant to New Mexico.

EG#9 said:
I believe Banyard is the recruit who is down to Minnesota and New Mexico, not Price. Not exactly the type of company I want to compete with on the recruiting trail, no offense meant to New Mexico.

You're right. The tweet before it was about price and him and second one was just about banyard. My mistake and thanks for catching that!

DePaul adds sweet shooting wing man

Written by Van Coleman
Tuesday, 27 September 2011 19:19

According to various sources, the Depaul Blue Demons have added a new weapon on the perimeter for the future with the commitment of 6-7 175-pound wing man, Jodan Price from Beverly Hills, MI Detroit Country Day.

Price is on the thin side, but that hasn't stopped him from developing one of the best perimeter jumpers in the Class of 2012. He flat out stroked on more than one occasion we watched at the Nike EYBL events this spring and summer. He can flat out freeze the "D" with his NBA range and when you try to overplay him he atacks the rim where he finished with highlight type dunks. he can knock down jumper off the dribble too, although that is a part of his game that can still improve. He will add immediate firepower on the perimeter as a freshman for the Blue Demons, but in the future with added strength look out!

He chose DePaul over interest from Minnesota, Northwestern, and Lamar.

Go Gophers!!

Another miss.Can't even beat out DePaul.If he was a Chicago kid it wouldn't be quite as bad.Maybe there is another diamond in the rough out there like Maverik we can get in the spring.lol

Did they miss out on him, or did they cool on him after Wally committed?

I don't know if cooled is the right word, but I don't think there was any chance they were taking two small forwards with similar skill sets.

That may be the case.I'm not sold on Wally as far as needing pure shooters.Seems like we aren't recruiting to the direction the game has went and that's guys who can knock down threes.

Blackhammer- The Gophers stopped recruiting Price after they landed Ellenson. This is not a swing in a miss in any form or fashion. We have one open scholarship which is going to a PF or C type unless an absolute stud perimeter player (Andrew White) wants to become a Gopher.

"...We have one open scholarship...."

Who am I missing? Williams, Welch, Astn Hollins, Eliason, Ahanmasi, Armelin, Walker, Osenicks, Coleman, Andr Hollins, Ellenson

Top Bottom