acceptable excuses

Reaction score
I am hearing that some people may not attend the Michigan state game Because:

Must take the kids trick or treating....acceptable, make sure Gopher fans substitute.

It will be cold...unacceptable, if you live here and you don't have a medical reason. Otherwise, be like my 73 year mom who is going and show some toughness!

The Gophers are playing bad and can't win...unacceptable, your a tool.

your dead...acceptable

My kid doesn't have a choice, the Gopher game is more important that some sad ritual contributing to the disgusting obesity of our nation :) (sorry if that was unnecessary)

Actually my little gal would never miss a game, so I don't even have to play that card :)

If you're dead, what were you doing with your will!?! Thats no excuse. Taking kids trick or treating is unacceptable as well. Just go buy them a bunch of candy and let them dress up for the game.

Pretty awesome that you registered just to post this. You clearly spent quite a bit of time coming up with that original screen name.

Nicely played. Stay classy.

We have quite a few 3 or 4 post bloody Trolls posting today. Badger fans who are upset about back-to-back losses and can't contain themselves or old school Masonites who can't suppress their glee over a Gopher loss?

You decide.:banghead::banghead:

We have quite a few 3 or 4 post bloody Trolls posting today. Badger fans who are upset about back-to-back losses and can't contain themselves or old school Masonites who can't suppress their glee over a Gopher loss?

You decide.:banghead::banghead:

The most ridiculous thing is that I can't help not ignoring them. It pisses me off that people come on here just to flame. I can understand longtime posters who aren't happy, but the people who have never posed any legitimate, thought provoking arguments or who have done nothing but spew garbage for 500+ posts kill me.

I'd rather see the dulcet fonts from GV Badger or SoMplsHawk than some of these morons.

I will be giving the tickets to my brother. I will be trick-or-treating with my two little girls. I knew this from the start. I will also DVR the game and watch from the start and see the end in real time. My family situation is such that I need to be there that night. You wouldn't understand.

There are numerous trick or treating options available before the 31st and during that day. Like try ZooBoo at the Como Zoo and look up some others. I've done two already and have two more coming including a mall event that afternoon. Trick or treating? Done. Gopher game? For sure.

I will be giving the tickets to my brother. I will be trick-or-treating with my two little girls. I knew this from the start. I will also DVR the game and watch from the start and see the end in real time. My family situation is such that I need to be there that night. You wouldn't understand.

You don't have to defend yourself. You are taking your kids out for, most likely, some of te most fun they've ever had.

Personally, I think the schedulers are at fault here. This game should have 11am written all over it.

That being said, I hope to reap the rewards here. Anyone want their tickets going to a Gopher fan? Look no further.

Taking kids trick or treating is unacceptable as well. Just go buy them a bunch of candy and let them dress up for the game.

I would bet $100 that Frod0 doesn't have little kids.

Little kids have a window of time of about 6 weeks. Thinking about Christmas is just too abstract in September/October. So they put ALL of their mental energy into getting fired up for Halloween. If we didn't take our boys trick-or-treating, they would be absolutely devastated.

My wife, however, is going to stay home on the 31st to take the boys out and I am taking some buddies to the game in her place. I don't begrudge anyone that is missing this (or any) game for the sake of their kids - as long as they make sure their tickets are in the hands of a Gopher fan.

I am hearing that some people may not attend the Michigan state game Because:

Must take the kids trick or treating....acceptable, make sure Gopher fans substitute.

It will be cold...unacceptable, if you live here and you don't have a medical reason. Otherwise, be like my 73 year mom who is going and show some toughness!

The Gophers are playing bad and can't win...unacceptable, your a tool.

your dead...acceptable

Babysitter is excited beyond belief to take our kids trick or treating for us. Hurray!

On to victory, Gophers!

I will be curious to see the crowd on Halloween. I posted about this a week or two ago. The students will have plenty of parties to keep them away from the stadium and a lot of people my age will have kids/trick or treating to deal with. Throw in a likely loss to tOSU and all the ingredients are there for a sparse crowd for MSU.

My wife (thank you!) will be taking care of our kids and their trick-or-treating needs. I am going to take my brother, his (older) kid, and his kids buddies to the game.

My kid doesn't have a choice, the Gopher game is more important that some sad ritual contributing to the disgusting obesity of our nation :) (sorry if that was unnecessary)
Fun in my household? Not on my watch!

I would bet $100 that Frod0 doesn't have little kids.

QUOTE]

If it is the same Frod0 that posts on Scout, then he's closer to going trick or treating himself than taking the children he doesn't have.

I'll be taking my daughter around the neighborhood and showing up to the game around second quarter. I think it should be a very festive night. Plenty of time for the students to party after the game so the student section should be packed.

I will be curious to see the crowd on Halloween. I posted about this a week or two ago. The students will have plenty of parties to keep them away from the stadium and a lot of people my age will have kids/trick or treating to deal with..
Most parties don't really start on campus until 10 or 11 anyway. Do some shots before the game and then go out afterwards.

Am I the only one here who thinks the students will be just fine for the Halloween night kickoff? Parties don't get easily postponed or pre-empted, but night football games do override them. Be prepared for a goofy onslaught of costumes into the student gate, and an equally befuddled batch of security guards who will be holding them up at the gate.

I don't begrudge anyone that is missing this (or any) game for the sake of their kids - as long as they make sure their tickets are in the hands of a Gopher fan.

I'm taking my daughter trick-or-treating. My tickets were sold on ebay to the highest bidder. I've seen my share of Minnesota - Michigan State blow-out games.

Am I the only one here who thinks the students will be just fine for the Halloween night kickoff? Parties don't get easily postponed or pre-empted, but night football games do override them. Be prepared for a goofy onslaught of costumes into the student gate, and an equally befuddled batch of security guards who will be holding them up at the gate.

I'm with you. I don't get the "students will have plenty of Halloween parties to keep them away" mentality. They can show off their costumes at the stadium and maybe on BTN that night. Real Halloween parties don't start until later anyway. I think the student section will be great that night.

Top Bottom