Academic Success!

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
From Gopher Football Tweet.

Gopher Football posted its best term grade-point average in at least 7 years last fall. 68 #Gophers had 3.0 or better. http://bit.ly/A9sXGi

Another great selling point. Shows me that the system is starting to take hold...

That's great improvement and a testament to the program's direction as well as the effort of the athletes.

Not to rain on the parade--- but how long will it take to hear of academic issues, ineligibility, players leaving? (In my video game, I just have to update one screen and it only takes like 5 minutes)

Wow, good for them, at least 68 players did better than me for most of my college career.

This may be the best omen of all. If the coaching staff can get them to be successful in the classroom, success will most likely follow them onto the field.

Go Gophers!

I thought I was supposed to doubt that this was true. . .

Good to see, and keep it up!

I think if you can get a bunch of 18-22 year olds to be willing to put more time in on homework, you can probably get them to put more time in the weight room and film.

This is really, really great news. I hope it continues to stay at a high level in the future and that players eventually start just doing the work instead of having the coaches babysit as much.

This is one of the phases of Coach Kill's culture change that we can see almost immediately. It's great that the classroom work was turned around.

When Coach Kill speaks, people need to listen. He has stated that academics are very important and his record shows that.

APR for his three years improved from 947, 975 to 987 for 2010. I think the 2010 score took into account his three years at NIU. I believe the 987 ranked in the top ten for D1 programs.

I am confident that the Gopher football APR will steadily improve with Coach Kill calling the shots. He recognized a problem when he started and addressed it head on.

We can't afford to be losing scholarships to poor APR, also.

via Doogie:

C's get degrees for @DanaWessel, but not for #Gophers CB Troy Stoudermire. Kill said he got a 4.0 Fall semester.

Awesome.

Maybe this has been reported already, but at the unveiling today, Kill said 67 (? - somewhere around there) players had a 3.0 GPA or better this past fall.

Every athlete should have a 3.0 with the amount of resources that are available to them that the average student does not have.

Really?

Every athlete should have a 3.0 with the amount of resources that are available to them that the average student does not have.

Not all students have to put in the hours that a football player has to do. There are pluses and minus but it still requires hard work to accomplish what they accomplished. You make it sound like they have it easy. You are so wrong!

There is an immense amount of help for any college student with counseling and tutors. Most of those resources are available to college students, but they choose not to use them.

There is an immense amount of help for any college student with counseling and tutors. Most of those resources are available to college students, but they choose not to use them.

Not for free and I think that's what Ski U Master is implying.

Top Bottom