ABSOLUTELY!!

washgopher

Reaction score
Count how many times Spence says absolutely in the second half of the Wiscy game.

Sorry, but I like Spence as the color guy. When he said "Noooooooo!" when Krabbenhoft got "fouled" by Cornley on the loose ball with 1 second left on the shot clock (1 1/2 mins. left), that was hilarious. Spence shows emotion, but also shows some knowledge of the game and gives a definite Big Ten look to the game, which should suit the BTN well. Spence has greatly improved since the first couple of times out, congrats to him.

Hey, he's one year out of college...how complete were any of us at that point in time?

How many of us were getting paid to talk?

He's getting paid to talk because he was the life of the show of the BTN program Minnesota Basketball - The Journey. He has charisma, combine that with his Big Ten experience and he deserves as much as many other people to get a chance.

I enjoyed him also. Yes, he is a little un-polished, but does offer some good insight. He tends to overuse: "this is the Big 10" a bit also, but he's young and I'm sure he'll improve over time.

From The Barn -- How 'good' were you one year out of college when you got paid to do whatever you did (or do) for a living?

Sorry, but I like Spence as the color guy. When he said "Noooooooo!" when Krabbenhoft got "fouled" by Cornley on the loose ball with 1 second left on the shot clock (1 1/2 mins. left), that was hilarious. Spence shows emotion, but also shows some knowledge of the game and gives a definite Big Ten look to the game, which should suit the BTN well. Spence has greatly improved since the first couple of times out, congrats to him.

I agree on Spence - I saw about 2 minutes at the end and I thought he was terrific. Not much to go on I know but he is a rookie. Could Spence be the next 'Fall back baby'?

Just acknowledge that the only reason you all seem to think anything of him is because of who he used to play for.

So with your take, does that mean we shouldn't be wanting him to do well? Can't understand your logic.

My point is that if he wasn't a Gopher, you'd all think he was terrible, and wouldn't defend him. Wish him well all you want, but please don't claim he is good at what he does.

I get that. Again, he's one year out of college. How 'good' were you one year out of college? That's my point.

Barn and Boner....argue between yourselves on a separate and private board, please.

freshtrout, I believe you have been called a boner...

I just think there are plenty of other opportunities for Tollackson to perfect his announcing skills other than a quasi-national network, or at least somewhere that I won't hear him until he is better.

It seems that the BTN 'wants' him....so it's not an unwanted program, except for you I gather.

freshtrout, I believe you have been called a boner...

I just think there are plenty of other opportunities for Tollackson to perfect his announcing skills other than a quasi-national network, or at least somewhere that I won't hear him until he is better.

This discussion has been had before. What do you want the kid to do, turn a job offer that he wanted, down?

Matta made some reference to his playing days

Spencer is not that good yet, but better than Anthony LaPanta. Hopefully he won't pick up Anthony's pattern of hand gestures. He probably has a future and the expansion of the BTN is certainly going to work in his favor.

Goph4Phan states it perfectly. Spence is doing what he wants to do. What is he supposed to do? Turn down the offer that he got?

AAbsolutely

Heck, I just thought it would be fun to count them, didn't expect to get such a mean thread going. I had a physics prof in a VIDEO CLASS THAT MADE LIP SUCKING NOISES AND WE KEPT A TALLY OF THOSE GOING IN THE CLASS TO PAY ATTENTION AND KEEP FROM FALLING ASLEEP.

And within a year of my first job out of school I had gotten three raises already, didn't everyone? But he's got to start somewhere so congrats to Spence, but it doesn't mean we can't count and see how his stats improve over time. We can be his new coach.

Top Bottom