ABC/ESPN Coverage Maps

howeda7

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Coverage Map for ABC's coverage on Saturday yet? And is there any clarification if the ESPN mirror is still in effect?

The mirror is for ESPN2 this week I think. No luck on coverage maps via teh Google.

Give it a couple of days...usually the come out on Tuesday

What are the other ABC games? The only other 3:30 game that looks like it would likely be ABC is UCLA/Houston or Michigan/Western Michigan but I'm not sure why they'd have a second BIG or Pac12 game.

What are the other ABC games? The only other 3:30 game that looks like it would likely be ABC is UCLA/Houston or Michigan/Western Michigan but I'm not sure why they'd have a second BIG or Pac12 game.

The other mirror game is WMU/Michigan. One will be on ABC, one will be on ESPN 2.

The other mirror game is WMU/Michigan. One will be on ABC, one will be on ESPN 2.

I just found that as well. I can't imagine any markets outside of Michigan choosing that game over MN/USC so it should be a non-issue for almost everyone.

It is a non-issue. The game with EITHER be on ABC or ESPN2 throughout the country.

THe map is kind of funny. 85% of the country will see us play USC on ABC. The 15% who don't pretty much comprises the Big Ten states. Oh well, it is something just to see us on ABC at all. So I'm happy...

We have been on ABC 4 of the last 5 years.

I didn't know this. What games? I wonder if the times they've played on ABC I have been out of town and unable to watch them, or if they were home games where I attend them.

This will be my first time seeing the Gophers in HD. I'm really jacked.

2010 tOSU
2009 @PSU
2008 @Wisconsin
2006 @tOSU

Those games were all on ABC. I have said this before, but I will bring it up again. If you are on ABC at 2:30, that is a regional game, so I do not get what the big deal is about being on ABC. The 11am kickoffs on ESPN or ESPN2 were NATIONAL games seen by the entire country, instead of a regional game generally only seen in the Big Ten Market.

2010 tOSU
2009 @PSU
2008 @Wisconsin
2006 @tOSU

Those games were all on ABC. I have said this before, but I will bring it up again. If you are on ABC at 2:30, that is a regional game, so I do not get what the big deal is about being on ABC. The 11am kickoffs on ESPN or ESPN2 were NATIONAL games seen by the entire country, instead of a regional game generally only seen in the Big Ten Market.

The problem with ESPN games are that those of us cheap skates, like me, don't see them. In my view, those are NOT Nationally televised games because not everyone in the Nation can witness them (in their own home).

EDIT: I think I have stated once before here that I never have seen the Gophers on ABC before.. I must correct myself.. I do recall seeing that Wisky game in '08. We blew the game in the 2nd half that year. This will still be my first ever HD Gopher game, though.

How can the ESPN games NOT be nationally televised games when they are televised to the entire country? Confused I am. Now, if we ever get an ABC night game that is not regional (tOSU last year), then you know we have arrived.

How can the ESPN games NOT be nationally televised games when they are televised to the entire country? Confused I am. Now, if we ever get an ABC night game that is not regional (tOSU last year), then you know we have arrived.

You are logistically correct. I'm saying what I consider to be Nationally televised vs. what the media considers.

My point is, I don't have any way outside of leaving my house to see ANY Nationally televised game on ESPN because I don't have cable. I know I'm not the only cheap skate out there that also doesn't have cable. That fact being known, those of use without cable don't get the Nationally televised ESPN games, thus, in my eyes, doesn't make it a Nationally televised game. It makes it a cable/satellite broadcasted game.

2010 tOSU
2009 @PSU
2008 @Wisconsin
2006 @tOSU

that 2008 game at becky (if i recall, it was a really cold november night in madison) was when brewster and co. had a 21-7 lead at one point and had becky and butt bielema on the ropes, but couldn't hang on and lost 35-32.

I remember my first reverse mirror

Top Bottom