A Touchdown so big it deserves its own thread

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Fleck used Big Dan on offense a few years ago in the spring game. Now he does it again in Faalele's last game as a Gopher.

If I was a player, I would love playing for a coach who does this sort of thing. A salute, a pat on the back and an acknowledgment all in one. Big Dan travelled a long way from his home to play at Minnesota. He has made his mark at the U, that's for sure.

MennoSota

Reaction score
LOL, the host for FOX 9 Good Day just showed the clip of big Dan's touchdown calling him "Daniel Fa-la-la!"
Merry Christmas everyone! Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!

DCinOK

Reaction score
A great moment...did it make ESPN's Top 10 plays of the day? Should have.

46Gophers

Reaction score
Just needed Big Dan to kick a FG at the end of the game to make his Gopher career complete ;)

gopher7

Reaction score
Big Dan looks like he was the cause of the JMS injury, so while it was fun once, perhaps it's best not to make this one a tradition.

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
From the moment he lined up, everyone at the game started screaming. A great, collective social moment.

Big Dan looks like he was the cause of the JMS injury, so while it was fun once, perhaps it's best not to make this one a tradition.

Thanks for the input.

fmlizard

Reaction score
I loved how PJ made the call West Virginia called a timeout and we called the same play.
That was awesome the moment Dan lined up he gets the jumping up and down panic timeout.

Was Big Dan the largest touchdown scorer in major football history? I’m not aware of a larger man to score in the NFL or major college. There have definitely been bigger guys at the HS level who I’m sure have run a play like that. But I don’t have anyone at the higher competitive levels I can think of.

PeoplesFront

Reaction score
That was awesome the moment Dan lined up he gets the jumping up and down panic timeout.

Was Big Dan the largest touchdown scorer in major football history? I’m not aware of a larger man to score in the NFL or major college. There have definitely been bigger guys at the HS level who I’m sure have run a play like that. But I don’t have anyone at the higher competitive levels I can think of.
Laquan McGowen from Baylor scored a couple. He was over 400 pounds.

25mkg

Reaction score
I wonder if PJ promised Big Dan that he would get the chance if he stayed and didn't opt out?

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
I wonder if PJ promised Big Dan that he would get the chance if he stayed and didn't opt out?
I have trouble beliving Dan... if he wanted to opt out because he's going to the NFL would somehow be ok with taking all that risk because ... he gets to take more risk and score a TD.... if they happen to be close to the end zone... in some rando game in AZ ...

Gopher028

Reaction score
Not only did he score a TD, he launched two of his 300lb lineman about 4 yards into the endzone..!

Ski U Master

Reaction score
While I would love it if fear of Faalele was the motivator, WV had 13 guys on the field and I think the player that called the TO looked around and realized it.

1641133758133.png

hungan1

Reaction score
He has 87,669 views on Youtube as of now.

Top Bottom