A positive sign ~ A Growing SR Class

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Now, I realize I am sort of just drumming up a bunch of info that a lot of us already know. But I am just trying to illustrate how important it is for us to maintain large SR classes. We've had a problem attrition to the point where we had a tiny SR class last season and it has hurt us in our ability to RS as many players as we would have liked. However, that trend seems to be improving...

2010 - 8: we had 8 SRs who were significant contributors (Weber, Alford, Wills, Carufel, Collado, Hoese, C. Hughes, K. Theret)
2011 - 15: (Bunders, Eskridge, Eure, Jacobs, Kirksey, Lair, C. Lewis, McGarry, McKnight, Orton, Tinsley, Wynn, Bennett, Stoudermire, Royston)
2012 - 13: (M. Carter, K. Cooper, C. Delaney, A. Hahn, R. Grant, Gray, S. Reeves, K. Henderson, M. Rallis, DL Wilhite, B. Green, Rabe, G. Harris)

Now I realize that these coming up classes could experience some attrition and that I went out on a limb and guessed that guys like Rabe and G. Harris would see some PT. But my point is that the 2010 was terribly low, and it was incredibly low when you consider that only Weber, Alford, Hughes and Hoese had "ideal" sort of careers (signed with us out of HS, RS, played 4 seasons after their RS here).

I really have faith that Coach Kill will fix our problem with attrition and that we will be able to RS like normal schools, but if he doesn't, he won't be succesful in Dinkytown, despite being a much better x's and o's coach, and "getting it" more than the previous regimes. Our program will be significantly better once we can get to a point where we have large upperclassmen classes that are filled with players who have a RS.

I don't mean to nitpick but I am almost 100% positive Hoese did not RS. So that just leaves 3 players from the 2010 season that had the "ideal" sort of careers

Now, I realize I am sort of just drumming up a bunch of info that a lot of us already know. But I am just trying to illustrate how important it is for us to maintain large SR classes. We've had a problem attrition to the point where we had a tiny SR class last season and it has hurt us in our ability to RS as many players as we would have liked. However, that trend seems to be improving...

2010 - 8: we had 8 SRs who were significant contributors (Weber, Alford, Wills, Carufel, Collado, Hoese, C. Hughes, K. Theret)
2011 - 15: (Bunders, Eskridge, Eure, Jacobs, Kirksey, Lair, C. Lewis, McGarry, McKnight, Orton, Tinsley, Wynn, Bennett, Stoudermire, Royston)
2012 - 13: (M. Carter, K. Cooper, C. Delaney, A. Hahn, R. Grant, Gray, S. Reeves, K. Henderson, M. Rallis, DL Wilhite, B. Green, Rabe, G. Harris)

Now I realize that these coming up classes could experience some attrition and that I went out on a limb and guessed that guys like Rabe and G. Harris would see some PT. But my point is that the 2010 was terribly low, and it was incredibly low when you consider that only Weber, Alford, Hughes and Hoese had "ideal" sort of careers (signed with us out of HS, RS, played 4 seasons after their RS here).

I really have faith that Coach Kill will fix our problem with attrition and that we will be able to RS like normal schools, but if he doesn't, he won't be succesful in Dinkytown, despite being a much better x's and o's coach, and "getting it" more than the previous regimes. Our program will be significantly better once we can get to a point where we have large upperclassmen classes that are filled with players who have a RS.

Good post, thanks.

I don't mean to nitpick but I am almost 100% positive Hoese did not RS. So that just leaves 3 players from the 2010 season that had the "ideal" sort of careers

No, nitpick away!

You're correct, he didn't RS.

Post of the week

This is by far the best post of the week. Thank you. Would an ideal senior class be as many as 17-18 seniors? More?

The drop-out rate with Masons last 4 or 5 classes was horrible. Brewster did a tad better. I think there are just six Seniors left from the 2007 class. Bunders, Bennett, Jacobs, McGarry, Wynn and Orton.

Lets hope Coach Kill's methods will allow a more stable roster and lessen our dependency on JUCO's. At this point, it appears that there has been just one casualty with the transistion; Edwards.

Henderson is a senior, so add one more. However, he spent his first two years at Mankato.

Top Bottom