A novel idea by Iowa's marketing department

Weird...people do a better job of showing up in the same color if they know about it? I know some people hate the idea (I'm not one of them) but we should all be able to agree that if you're going to do it you at least need to do it right. :rolleyes:

In the meantime I'm cool with the U retiring the practice. Focus on getting consistent sellouts first.

Maybe someone should inform this institution of higher learning that "it's" is a contraction of "it is" and "its" is used to indicate possession.

Boise does something similar, pretty cool. I agree though sell out first. You can't really do a gold out later on when everyone has to wear jackets and such

I've never really understood the resistance some people have to gold outs. When you see a stadium where they are all wearing the same color, it's impressive. Penn State has the section where they have an "S" in the stands. Gold outs make more sense early in the season, most sweaters and jackets are maroon, and when it gets chilly people don't wear their gold t-shirts as much.

Maybe when the buzz is back we can try it again. What I have really never understood was people wearing Vikings gear to a Gophers game. It is like they have a vague idea that it is a sporting event, so they wear sports clothes...

If we do get to that point Mills Fleet Farm will have a hayday The quality on the shirts is crap versus Kohl's or J.C. Penny, but hey for 10.00 what the heck. Picked one up yesterday that says: "This is our house, mess with ONE Gopher and you mess wiith all 50,805" scripted over a large size Minnesota football with an "M" on it; gold t-shirt with maroon inlay. A gal also bought one and said:" Cheesy, but at least it makes a point"

Don't laugh too hard, Ruppert. It may not be the case, but until fairly recently, Fleet Farm was the best place to get Gopher stuff away from campus.

I've never really understood the resistance some people have to gold outs. When you see a stadium where they are all wearing the same color, it's impressive. Penn State has the section where they have an "S" in the stands. Gold outs make more sense early in the season, most sweaters and jackets are maroon, and when it gets chilly people don't wear their gold t-shirts as much.

Maybe when the buzz is back we can try it again. What I have really never understood was people wearing Vikings gear to a Gophers game. It is like they have a vague idea that it is a sporting event, so they wear sports clothes...

For many reasons the "Gold Out" will never work in Minnesota. Best to forget about it.

For many reasons people will continue to wear Vikings garb to Gopher games. Best to still shake your head as those people are very confused.

Top Bottom