A Message for the "One Game at a Time" Posters....

So do so...but why rain on other people's parade whilst doing so? If you don't want to think about it don't but you don't but others don't feel that way.
Nobody is raining on your parade. I'm just letting you know that the thing you think is going to happen probably won't happen.

sure, fans can look ahead, and it's not going to (I think.....) jinx the season.
But, my issue/disclaimer is that each game is a unique entity because of the match-ups involved.

The fans that get me are the ones who go "we beat Nebraska, so we should beat Northwestern" and so forth. the thing is - the match-ups against Nebraska are different than the match-ups against Northwestern. each team has its own unique strengths and weaknesses. if the Gophers beat Team A, that does not improve their odds of beating Team B. Team B may be a more difficult match-up.

and on Bowling Green - the fact that the Gophers lost to an inferior team is a concern. If it happened once, it can happen again. Hopefully, the team does not lose focus that badly for any remaining opponents, but I think it is a mistake to dismiss BG as a fluke. "those who do not recall the past are doomed to repeat it..."
"Tora, tora, tora!"

"This day will live in infamy..."

"They have awakened a sleeping giant!"

Last edited:

Top Bottom