A&M regent wants to renew Texas rivalry to give Aggies a ‘cupcake’ game

Iceland12

Reaction score
One A&M regent is most certainly interested in kicking the door wide open, although not for a reason that will likely be appreciated by anyone in Longhorn Nation.

“I am going to advocate that the Aggies play Texas again in the near future,” a posting to the Facebook page, by way of the Dallas Morning News, of A&M regent Tony Buzbee began. “Because of our brutal SEC West schedule, where we play the likes of Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU, etc., the Aggies need some cupcake games to rest and heal. In my view, Texas is just as weak if not weaker than the non-conference games we play, so we may as well play them.”

I believe those are what you would call “fightin’ words.” But, hell, if that kind of short-sighted hubris helps in any way to lead to the resumption of one of the best rivalries in all of college football, have at it.

Nice. :clap::clap::clap:

Awsome stuff! This is very amusing when you consider a lot of people thought A&M would disappear off the face of college football when they joined the SEC and that UT, with it's lucrative and greedy TV deal, would rule the college football world. It's funny how things work out sometimes and I couldn't be happier for the current state of those two programs :)

Both teams should be banned from post season play until they play each other regularly again.

Top Bottom