A look at the schools Henderson is looking at and their depth

Hooligan119th

Reaction score
I was just sitting here thinking about all the people who talk about all these big time schools that SH is considering have a bunch of blue chip prospects that he will be stuck behind for years before playing. SO...I decided to do a little research. I used Phil Steele's magazine for a depth reference and Rivals for 2010 commitment reference. I looked at the top 5 schools that I think he will be choosing from; USC, FL, ND, tOSU, & Okla. I didn't do any research on Miami cause I got a little lazy and I just don't see him going there. Now I remind you that these are the players that Phil has in his depth chart pre-2009-season. I haven't looked into how any of the depth charts have played out throughout the year or which Fr redshirted or didn't. Here we go for the projected 2010 depth charts.

USC

LT Jr- Tyron Smith PS #5
rFr- Kevin Graf PS #9

RT SR- Butch Lewis PS #20
So- Matt Kalil PS #7

Multiple VHT throughout the depth chart at G & C

2 OL currently commited for the 2010 class with 1 being "Highly Touted"
-Giovanni Di Poalo
OT #20
CA #26
top 250 #158

tough to get through Tyron and Graf in his FR and SO year

Florida

LT Sr- Carl Johnson PS #2
rFr- Xavier Nixon PS #1

RT Sr- Marcus Gilbert PS #30
Jr- Matt Patchan PS #8

Rediculous amount of VHT throughout the depth chart at G & C. Their 3rd string would start for us :banghead:

1 OL commited for the 2010 class
-Ian Silberman
FL #11
top 100 #66

This is about the only school where I can see him getting "lost"

Notre Dame

LT Jr- Matt Romine PS #18
rFr- Zach Martin PS #32

RT So- Lane Clelland PS #19
Jr- Taylor Dever PS #149

Not as many "highly touted" players as you would think throughout this depth chart...actually looks kinda thin from what I was expecting.

1 OL commit
-Christian Lombard rivals 5.6
ILL #12
OT #57

I think he plays right away here

tOSU

LT Jr- Mike Adams PS #6
rFr- Marcus Hall PS #5

RT Jr- JB Shugarts PS #9
rFr- Jack Mewhort PS #29
rFr- Sam Longo PS #47

Multiple HT players throughout the depth chart

1 OL commit for the 2010 class
-Andrew Norwell
OH #3
top 100 #46

Not as bad as FL, but I can see him getting lost in the shuffle here too......unless he wants to play RT

Oklahoma

LT Jr- Donald Stephenson PS #75
?- Jeff Vinson PS #55JC

RT Sr- Cory Brandon PS #19
Jr- Jarvis Jones PS #37

Not the depth of "highly touted" players as you would think from a school like this.

5 OL commits for the 2010 class with 4 rated as 4 stars and 2 projected at OT. Both are highly rated.

Has a good chance to start right away

...and we all know he starts from day 1 if he comes to MN.....no questions asked.

Top Bottom