A little help, parking bars etc.

DormFood99

Reaction score
Heading back to see the new stadium! Bringing the wife and in-laws. What is the parking situation? (We are driving in) The bar/tailgate situation? We will have 2 that are 33 and 2 that are 50, so the "age" at the bar should be older. TIA I can't wait!

I'll address the issue of parking. As of right now its a MESS if you don't have a season pass. You will not find a parking spot if you don't have one, the city has banned all other parking.
Which one would not think is legal.

Now the good news, you should be able to get someone's pass for that day, but it will require you to find one ahead of time. Best is if you have a friend that can find you one, but I've seen them on ticket websites and craigs list or various classifieds.

I'm new this site, but I think they even have a ticket exchange here.

Good luck and have fun!

Also, they do have tailgating passes too, just make sure your pass allows it. Lot 37 should be reasonable and is a fun tailgate lot.

First off, welcome to both of you to the board.

There is a ticket exchange board here. Click this link to check it out.

For bar options, though the crowd may not be "older," you'll probably enjoy Sally's beer garden. Packed with people normally, and a generally good vibe.

Stub and Herb's also had a great beer garden for the opener, but I'm unsure if they still do this. Word on the street was that they got busted for serving underagers and shut it down for a while.

Campus Pizza provides some of the best eats on Washington Ave. and also has a beer garden that is pretty funny.

I also think U Liquor has a small beer garden in their parking lot.

If you want to venture into Dinkytown, Blarney or Library will be a good time.

Otherwise, you can venture into Northeast for what will likely be an older crowd. Nye's (though I doubt the live polka is bumping in the morning), Whitey's, Bulldog, Legends, etc. With these bars though, you may want to check their hours ahead of time. They're far enough off campus (about a mile away from stadium) to not necessarily cater to the demands of early drinking on gamedays.

Stub and Herb's also had a great beer garden for the opener, but I'm unsure if they still do this. Word on the street was that they got busted for serving underagers and shut it down for a while.

Was that recently? I did stop there for awhile for the Purdue game, although it could have happened that day. Not an issue for me, but they didn't seemed to concerned aboout ID's.

I'm pretty sure the Stub's rumor was just a rumor. The beer garden was open before both the Wisky and Purdue games (which are the only 2 games played @ home since the rumor started). I'm not saying they might not be shut down in the future, but it certainly hasn't happened yet.

I thought playhosea's post was fairly funny.

And I must admit I did post about that Stub's rumor. I heard a lot of talk about it at Sally's the morning of the Bucky game and assumed it was true. Thinking about it now, listening to anything at Sally's and taking it serious is fairly idiotic.

I thought playhosea's post was fairly funny.

And I must admit I did post about that Stub's rumor. I heard a lot of talk about it at Sally's the morning of the Bucky game and assumed it was true. Thinking about it now, listening to anything at Sally's and taking it serious is fairly idiotic.

You're the only one. The mods deleted it and everything related to it that followed.

As far as parking goes, I'd recommend parking over on the West Bank/7-Corners area somewhere and grabbing the free shuttle that runs to Stadium Village. I've done this a number of times and it worked out great. Plenty of bars over there too.

I hope you're not going to the Stadium this weekend - it will be pretty empty ;-)

As far as parking goes, I'd recommend parking over on the West Bank/7-Corners area somewhere and grabbing the free shuttle that runs to Stadium Village. I've done this a number of times and it worked out great. Plenty of bars over there too.

Is that my best option if I'm not able to get a parking pass?

One option is parking at the East River Flats just below Coffman Union on the river. They have now opened up the green space and do allow tailgating. Also, the East River Flats is a Minneapolis Park and is run by the Park Board and not the U. I believe that parking is $10.00.

The Stub's parking lot was open for the first two games, but there was an underage drinking sting during the Cal game(3/4 tailgating lots were hit that day, not entirely sure of penalties for other establishments), which resulted in it being closed for the Wisconsin game. It was open again for the Purdue game.

I can't say anything about the other lots, but the crowd at Stub's for pre-game is generally older. The 31st should be a blast!

Not sure what kind of a beer garden experience you're looking for. But if you want to sit and relax a bit in a gopher ambiance then Campus Pizza is perfect. McNamara isnt' a bad place to go if you want to mill about and hob nob with an older crowd. If you haven't been to the alumni center, it might be a great idea for you anyway. Personally get there early enough to wander around and pick the one that looks the best. They're all within a block on one another.

Campus Pizza's Beer Garden is located in the common area of the Stadium Village Mall which is indoors and of course, heated. We upgraded to a full liquor license when we moved across the street last winter and we're still trying to get the word out that we are here, we're bigger, and we have a bar! On game days, we've been busy, but not packed to the gills. If you're looking for a place to warm up and have a drink, a beer and/or a pie, and you don't want to feel like a sardine, stop on by!

Campus Pizza's Beer Garden is located in the common area of the Stadium Village Mall which is indoors and of course, heated. We upgraded to a full liquor license when we moved across the street last winter and we're still trying to get the word out that we are here, we're bigger, and we have a bar! On game days, we've been busy, but not packed to the gills. If you're looking for a place to warm up and have a drink, a beer and/or a pie, and you don't want to feel like a sardine, stop on by!

Do you guys deliver pies to the tailgate lots? Your pies are fantastic, great to re-live my college years!

Top Bottom