a little help (I have asked this question before for a different game)

denguegopher

Reaction score
My wife is huge Oregon fan and without my knowledge she made a flight/hotel res to Dallas. She can cancel it up until tomorrow night. I checked Stub Hub and the lowest priced tix have dropped from about $600 to $376 in the last several days. There are over 4000 tix now listed on Stub Hub. I am totally for buying out tickets outside the stadium. I love walking away from scalpers and hearing them say, "what is your offer?" Anyway this is obviously a big game. Do you think there is much of a chance that ticket prices will be higher outside the stadium? Thanks.

Not a furtune teller

My wife is huge Oregon fan and without my knowledge she made a flight/hotel res to Dallas. She can cancel it up until tomorrow night. I checked Stub Hub and the lowest priced tix have dropped from about $600 to $376 in the last several days. There are over 4000 tix now listed on Stub Hub. I am totally for buying out tickets outside the stadium. I love walking away from scalpers and hearing them say, "what is your offer?" Anyway this is obviously a big game. Do you think there is much of a chance that ticket prices will be higher outside the stadium? Thanks.

My guess is they go down in price. Neither school is close to Dallas. I would think more people back out and have conflicts than decide to pay exhorbitant plane fares close to game day. Also, with patience depending on the climate of course, that is how many scalpers are there? Prices drop the closer you get to kickoff.

I went to Vikings/Raiders Super Bowl at the Rose Bowl and sat on the 50 yard line for ...dunno $10 $20 - $30 bucks.
Way cheaper than face and way cheaper than scalper rates 2 hours before game time. Major factor, it was two guys willing to buy singles versus a couple needing a pair.

I'd be surprised if there isn't somebody at face or less. It's a BIG stadium. It's Thursday for a Monday game.
Best tip I heard...take a cell phone pic of the guy who sells you the tickets if they are not legit you can get him arrested and get your money back. Scary to think about, I know, but it is some insurance. Plus he probably won't sell them to you if they are bogus if you say hey, I'm excited I wanna put the picture of me buying these on facebook or whatever.

Hopefully you held your ground.

Per CBS: FP championship ticket prices continue to drop

If you are still planning to buy tickets for the College Football Playoff National Championshp game between Ohio State and Oregon, you might have saved yourself a ton of money by waiting until the last minute.

According to TicketCity, the average ticket price is around $600, which is a huge drop from what they were on Jan. 2 the day after the Rose and Sugar Bowl.

As we saw in December, tickets to the game were running on average $935. And according to the graphic below, the average ticket price reached $1,281.53 on Jan. 2. But as we inch closer to Monday night's game, the ticket prices continue to drop.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ge-football-playoff-championship-ticket-price

Go Gophers!!

Probably too late seeing the game is tonight but here are a couple thoughts:
Very different things but TCU had no visible scalpers when the Gophers played them. I also didn't see much scalping at the two Houston bowls. I'm not sure if it was a local TCU/Houston thing that there was hardly any scalpers. I'm guessing that this game will have a lot of scalpers but you might want to ask the locals about other big events at Jerry World and how much scalping went on.

Probably too late seeing the game is tonight but here are a couple thoughts:
Very different things but TCU had no visible scalpers when the Gophers played them. I also didn't see much scalping at the two Houston bowls. I'm not sure if it was a local TCU/Houston thing that there was hardly any scalpers. I'm guessing that this game will have a lot of scalpers but you might want to ask the locals about other big events at Jerry World and how much scalping went on.

In case anyone cares, I paid $275 each for our 2 tix, face was $470 each. They were in the upper deck but that scoreboard makes it nice to see the game from most anywhere in that stadium. To your point, there were few scalpers around the stadium. I think that scalping is illegal there, but because they were going for sub face, and I don't think that its then considered as scalping. I bought 35 minutes before kickoff and the price may have dropped more, but I didn't want to risk not getting in and again there were not a ton of scalpers. Oh, I wore a Gopher windbreaker to the game and I thought that the Ohio St fans who recognized me as a Minnesota fan (and there were many) were friendly. However, my wife (an Oregon fan) also thought that they were nice, but in an arrogant and patronizing way. She said that that she thought that they had little regard for the Gophers and saw themselves as superior. Oh well, until we beat them more frequently that's how its gonna be. It was a good time and I'd recommend it. I heard that the game is in Glendale, AZ next year. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom