A gap between action and words

Rick Mons

The former MN Snowman
Reaction score
Royce White has apparently decided to use YouTube.com as his primary form of communication ... rather than calling Tubby or meeting with Tubby to explain his decision to leave the U of M.

At the same time, White says he has a lot of respect for Tubby and thinks he's a good coach, etc.

Seems to me there's a large gap between White's actions and his words. If I were Tubby, I'd be fairly perplexed about how White has chosen to announce his decisions over this past week and especially this latest announcement.

Someone tell me this: how does quiting the basketball team take any pressure off Royce White's family? It seems to me that if he leaves the team behind he loses his best hope of eventually digging his way out of this thing. Think of the rags to riches story it would be if White should return to the team and make a success of his four years at the University. Instead he seems to want to scuttle that opportunity.

Royce seems like a smart kid, but a terrible decision maker. Everyone loves a story of redemption though, so I really hope he gets things in order. Especially if it means rejoining the team, but even if he doesn't. I'd hate to see him become another story of wasted talent and what-could-have-been.

Royce should read the biography of Courtney James. I haven't given up on RW yet -- I still think he will be a gopher, even though I may just be delusional.

Top Bottom