A Few General Comments

doctor j

Reaction score
I've watch alot of college football this year at many different levels. Anyway you cut it, regardless of the general consensus at gopherhole, this is NOT a more athletic team than we've had in the past. Whether you're comparing us to Southern Miss, Northern Illinois, Miami (of Ohio), South Dakota, Temple---and scores of ordinary to below average programs--ATHLETICALLY we are AT BEST average, and probably below average. The coaching is clearly below average. Tim Brewster has worked harder than anyone could ask and sincerely "swung for the fences", but the recruiting has been WAY overrated, and his coaching is clearly clueless. The lack of imagination all night, the lack of urgency on the drive we started with ~12 minutes to go, the consecutive running plays inside the 25 when we desperatedly needed a 1st down, all point to a coaching staff and coaching system that will never be effective with Tim Brewster at the helm. I've loved his enthusiasm and optimism and sincerity, but he has to go.

I don't know if I'd say the talent isn't there. I think I'd say the talent was for other offensive systems which are no longer in use.

i disagree-a coach and staff with a clue could win 7 or 8 games with this team, easy.

"""""A Few General Comments """""

kdlucr ihb;stod csgrhfoidnfvg gfidsocgg foihbvf hdjkxh f f;c voihhjvh zihfrhuvf n vfzi

I've watch alot of college football this year at many different levels. Anyway you cut it, regardless of the general consensus at gopherhole, this is NOT a more athletic team than we've had in the past. Whether you're comparing us to Southern Miss, Northern Illinois, Miami (of Ohio), South Dakota, Temple---and scores of ordinary to below average programs--ATHLETICALLY we are AT BEST average, and probably below average. The coaching is clearly below average. Tim Brewster has worked harder than anyone could ask and sincerely "swung for the fences", but the recruiting has been WAY overrated, and his coaching is clearly clueless. The lack of imagination all night, the lack of urgency on the drive we started with ~12 minutes to go, the consecutive running plays inside the 25 when we desperatedly needed a 1st down, all point to a coaching staff and coaching system that will never be effective with Tim Brewster at the helm. I've loved his enthusiasm and optimism and sincerity, but he has to go.

After watching Ark/Bama today, I flip on the Gopher game. My wife asked if it was a High School game. She says "Is it just me or are they slow?" I had nothing, nothing!

We have to have more talent than South Dakota. We are allowed more scholarship atheletes for crying out loud.

Yep! What you said. 100% correct on all topics.

Top Bottom