A Culmination

BarnBurner

Reaction score
The defense cannot be on the field as much as it has been through 5 games and not get worn down and lose a step.

This is the cumulative effect of a very, very poor offense.

then the defense should get more take-aways to get off the field

The defense cannot be on the field as much as it has been through 5 games and not get worn down and lose a step.

This is the cumulative effect of a very, very poor offense.
Yep, I agree, it's all very cyclical.

then the defense should get more take-aways to get off the field

Offenses know our offense is terrible, so they don't take chances anymore against our defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offenses know our offense is terrible, so they don't take chances anymore against our defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not like teams are taking a knee every play. The defense still has to do a better job of creating turnovers. Zero forced turnovers over the last three games.

It's not like teams are taking a knee every play. The defense still has to do a better job of creating turnovers. Zero forced turnovers over the last three games.

What part about the D being overused and spent are you missing?

What part about the D being overused and spent are you missing?

I don't know where this response came from. No where did I say the defense has been bad. They just haven't created turnovers like they did last year. Someone said that it is because opposing offenses are being extremely conservative. I don't agree. We aren't getting any pressure on the QB.

I don't know where this response came from. No where did I say the defense has been bad. They just haven't created turnovers like they did last year. Someone said that it is because opposing offenses are being extremely conservative. I don't agree. We aren't getting any pressure on the QB.

Correct - you said the D needs to turn over the ball more frequently.

And I said it is due to the D being on the field constantly, being overused, and being spent. Thus poorer defensive production all around.

Correct - you said the D needs to turn over the ball more frequently.

And I said it is due to the D being on the field constantly, being overused, and being spent. Thus poorer defensive production all around.

Time of possession favored the Gophers against Kent St, Ohio, and in the first half today. We ran more offensive plays than our opposition in that same time frame also. Still no turnovers forced. That's why I think there is more to it than that.

We're getting no pressure on the QB, even when we are blitzing. No deflections, tip passes, etc.

I'm not saying the defense is playing badly or anything. Just that we were good at creating turnovers last year and that was a big reason for our success.

Top Bottom