A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

Wally

Reaction score
Huh? Magically inject every human in the world with the vaccine when it was announced, and covid literally does not exist on the face of the world other than in laboratories for study.
False, its zoonotic.

Also what good are these impossible imaginary dreams?

I can't wait for the Winter Olympics, we get to see if the Chinese Vaccine actually works.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
False, its zoonotic.
Sure it probably is ... but that doesn't disprove what I said in the slightest.

You need a mutation to jump from the animal in the first place.

There isn't some animal spieces out there that is a resevoir of exactly the genome that first started infecting humans. That I would guess is almost never the case - feel free someone more expert than me to cite otherwise.

Wally

Reaction score
There isn't some animal spieces out there that is a resevoir of exactly the genome that first started infecting humans.
No shit, it came from the lab in Wuhan. Humans are the reservoir species right now, but it can transmit in many animal populations and they will get infected from us.

This talk is meaningless because humans will forever be the reservoir, just like the other 4 coronaviruses endemic to humans. Might not be the worst thing because our herd needs thinning.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Cats get the exact same Covid we do. And they are far from the only animal.
Again, doesn't at all prove what you think it does.

If a bat is the resevoir, then a mutation happened, now the mutant can attack humans and let's say cats and dogs. That it can attack cats and dogs does not prove that it didn't take a mutation to jump from bats.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
humans will forever be the reservoir, just like the other 4 coronaviruses endemic to humans.
Is polio spreading in the world now?

Factual answer is no, and that's what is understood by what I said. We could have had exactly the same situation. You're wrong to think otherwise, and you've yet to come up with anything close to a valid reason why.

Maybe now it's too late.

Wally

Reaction score
Is polio spreading in the world now?

Factual answer is no, and that's what is understood by what I said. We could have had exactly the same situation. You're wrong to think otherwise, and you've yet to come up with anything close to a valid reason why.

Maybe now it's too late.
Polio eradication doesn't mean we can get rid of a corona virus.

Why haven't we eradicated the Flu?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Polio eradication doesn't mean we can get rid of a corona virus.

Why haven't we eradicated the Flu?
If we had a vaccine that was 95% effective against infection of any particular genome of seasonal flu, and -- like I said -- we could magic it into the arms of every human in the world, then indeed we would eradicate that genome.

I never claimed that doing so with the covid vaccine would have eradicated all genomes that fall under Coronaviridae.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

FDA advisers vote not to recommend Pfizer booster shots for most Americans

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Naw, the only thing that matters is that we force people to go back to work.

Not people with money of course, but the trash people, we have to force them back to work, because that's just the way it is... everyone knows it...
I don't think anyone cares if anyone works as long as the workers don't have to pay for them. I don't care if anyone has a job unless I have to pay for them. Then I care.

If you're rich and I don't have to pay for you, don't work. Good for you.

Go4Broke

Reaction score

Last year, Loomer expressed a wish that she could catch COVID to show everyone that it was no big deal. She wrote on Parler in December 2020: “I hope I get COVID just so I can prove to people I’ve had bouts of food poisoning that are more serious and life threatening than a hyped up virus. Have you ever eaten bad fajitas? That will kill you faster than COVID.”

However, in follow-up messages on her Telegram channel late Thursday, she made it clear that she was suffering severe symptoms. “Just pray for me please,” she wrote. “Can’t even begin to explain how brutal the body aches and nausea that come with COVID are. I am in so much pain.” She then posted more vaccine conspiracy theories, writing that the government “doesn’t want you to know what it really does,” despite the scientific fact that it would have offered her some protection.

Loomer, a far-right activist who was embraced by Trump, lost a U.S. House bid in Florida last year. She has been banned from most mainstream social networks—as well as Uber and Lyft—for blatant Islamophobia.

Last edited:

LesBolstad

Reaction score
The vaccines are so effective that you need a booster, and so safe that the FDA won't approve the booster. Do I have that right?

Wally

Reaction score

Last year, Loomer expressed a wish that she could catch COVID to show everyone that it was no big deal. She wrote on Parler in December 2020: “I hope I get COVID just so I can prove to people I’ve had bouts of food poisoning that are more serious and life threatening than a hyped up virus. Have you ever eaten bad fajitas? That will kill you faster than COVID.”

However, in follow-up messages on her Telegram channel late Thursday, she made it clear that she was suffering severe symptoms. “Just pray for me please,” she wrote. “Can’t even begin to explain how brutal the body aches and nausea that come with COVID are. I am in so much pain.” She then posted more vaccine conspiracy theories, writing that the government “doesn’t want you to know what it really does,” despite the scientific fact that it would have offered her some protection.

Loomer, a far-right activist who was embraced by Trump, lost a U.S. House bid in Florida last year. She has been banned from most mainstream social networks—as well as Uber and Lyft—for blatant Islamophobia.
I hope she gets a good scare a real good scare.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Remember when 2 top FDA officials quit because the Biden Administration was putting into place a booster program, promoting and promising it, before the FDA approved it? Well….

An influential federal advisory panel has overwhelmingly rejected a plan to give Pfizer booster shots against COVID-19 to most Americans…. In a 16-2 Vote.

Great to know that our President puts theatre and politics above health of America. No biggy tho. https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/wireStory/fda-panel-key-test-biden-covid-19-booster-80077159

Bayfield Gopher

Reaction score
General Dynamics cancelled their mandate. 40% of their employees said f/u if they forced the mandate. Common sense finally prevails

Wally

Reaction score

Conservative radio host who opposed vaccines, pandemic precautions dies of COVID-19​

On a former TV show, the host also read the obituaries of people who died from AIDS while playing the band Queen's song “Another One Bites the Dust.”

This seems appropriate...

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Pfizer says COVID-19 vaccine works in kids ages 5 to 11

For elementary school-aged kids, Pfizer tested a much lower dose — a third of the amount that's in each shot given now. Yet after their second dose, children ages 5 to 11 developed coronavirus-fighting antibody levels just as strong as teenagers and young adults getting the regular-strength shots, Dr. Bill Gruber, a Pfizer senior vice president, told The Associated Press.

The kid dosage also proved safe, with similar or fewer temporary side effects — such as sore arms, fever or achiness — that teens experience, he said.

"I think we really hit the sweet spot," said Gruber, who's also a pediatrician.

Gruber said the companies aim to apply to the Food and Drug Administration by the end of the month for emergency use in this age group, followed shortly afterward with applications to European and British regulators.

Earlier this month, FDA chief Dr. Peter Marks told the AP that once Pfizer turns over its study results, his agency would evaluate the data "hopefully in a matter of weeks" to decide if the shots are safe and effective enough for younger kids.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Is your argument that popularity of ideas is a good indication of whether something should be done?

I’ll go with The Constitution. It tends to have enduring principles that best serve our interests rather than the whims of the public, who frequently aren’t asked questions that put matters into context and haven‘t considered the real consequences of the answers.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
E_qGRLCVUAERbf4

bga1

Reaction score
Is your argument that popularity of ideas is a good indication of whether something should be done?

I’ll go with The Constitution. It tends to have enduring principles that best serve our interests rather than the whims of the public, who frequently aren’t asked questions that put matters into context and haven‘t considered the real consequences of the answers.
This data shows and Silver even admits that those who are vaccinated often (not always) become sheep- instant proponents of everyone else doing it. No one wants to feel like they made the wrong decision, so the more people take the vax the more relief they feel about their own decision. "I did it so I am happier if everyone else is forced to make the same decision."

And the money keeps rolling in.....

Wally

Reaction score
This data shows and Silver even admits that those who are vaccinated often (not always) become sheep- instant proponents of everyone else doing it. No one wants to feel like they made the wrong decision, so the more people take the vax the more relief they feel about their own decision. "I did it so I am happier if everyone else is forced to make the same decision."

And the money keeps rolling in.....

Same thing can be said about the antivaxxers, until they see that tube coming at them.🤣

Top Bottom