A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

Wally

Reaction score
Looks like LeBron probably told Silver and the NBA to fuck off when it comes to vaccine mandates. The NBA is not going to force vaccines on the players. How could this possibly be? We were all told here, repeatedly, daily, that the anti-vax crowd were Trump cultists. Who knew there were so many Trumpers in the NBAPA?

Are liberal cities going to allow the NBA to play games there?
Benefits of a Union.
Righties pretty much always hate when workers have a say.

kg21

Reaction score
Looks like LeBron probably told Silver and the NBA to fuck off when it comes to vaccine mandates. The NBA is not going to force vaccines on the players. How could this possibly be? We were all told here, repeatedly, daily, that the anti-vax crowd were Trump cultists. Who knew there were so many Trumpers in the NBAPA?

Are liberal cities going to allow the NBA to play games there?
Lebron loves 3 things............$$$$, China, and anti-vaxxers

Yet the left will suck him off by the minute.

Wally

Reaction score
Lebron loves 3 things............$$$$, China, and anti-vaxxers

Yet the left will suck him off by the minute.
Does Lebron run the NBAPA?

I don't agree with the NBA wrt to China.

But, If saying nice things about China doubled kg21's salary, you would be on your knees s Xi off.

balds

Reaction score
Apparently the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton show has tried repeatedly to get Dr. Fauci as a guest on their radio program. He's denied every one. Why wouldn't he go on their show? It's a golden opportunity to get his message directly to millions of anti-vaxxers, and address their questions/concerns over vaccinations, Covid, etc. It's not like he's media-shy. He can't sprint in front of every other camera/microphone fast enough.

Wally

Reaction score
Despite widespread vaccination efforts, 54% of U.S. adults say the worst of the outbreak is still to come. The report, based on a survey of 10,348 U.S. adults conducted Aug. 23-29, 2021, found 73% of those ages 18 and older say they’ve received at least one dose of a vaccine for COVID-19. About a quarter of adults say they have not received a vaccine. Some of the lowest vaccination rates are seen among those with no health insurance and white evangelical Protestants (57% each) as well as among Republicans and Republican leaners (60%).

Black adults are now about as likely as white adults to say they’ve received a vaccine (70% and 72%, respectively). Earlier in the outbreak, African Americans were less likely to say they planned to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

balds

Reaction score
Despite widespread vaccination efforts, 54% of U.S. adults say the worst of the outbreak is still to come. The report, based on a survey of 10,348 U.S. adults conducted Aug. 23-29, 2021, found 73% of those ages 18 and older say they’ve received at least one dose of a vaccine for COVID-19. About a quarter of adults say they have not received a vaccine. Some of the lowest vaccination rates are seen among those with no health insurance and white evangelical Protestants (57% each) as well as among Republicans and Republican leaners (60%).

Black adults are now about as likely as white adults to say they’ve received a vaccine (70% and 72%, respectively). Earlier in the outbreak, African Americans were less likely to say they planned to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Somebody else posted a survey like this before, so I'll ask again. Why would you take a survey about who SAYS they've been vaccinated when the data on who ACTUALLY HAS been vaccinated is available?

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
This is going to put a lot of Trumpkins in a really bind as to their faith in their conspiracies vs their faith in Trump

I was a Trump supporter, and I still agree with him on policy. But his promotion of the vaccine was a big turn off, his only redemption in regards to vaccines is that he said he’d never mandate it and doesn’t support the totalitarian government approach to administering it to all citizens.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Despite widespread vaccination efforts, 54% of U.S. adults say the worst of the outbreak is still to come.
I have to laugh. A survey of average citizens and their thoughts on what will happen in the future with COVID. Yeah, GH has shown me how knowledgeable average citizens are about COVID.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I have to laugh. A survey of average citizens and their thoughts on what will happen in the future with COVID. Yeah, GH has shown me how knowledgeable average citizens are about COVID.
At this point, posting percentages on this site (the off-topic board) is about 70% trolls, 20% complete assholes and 10% reasonable people. This is not a cross-section of America.............is it?

Wally

Reaction score
At this point, posting percentages on this site (the off-topic board) is about 70% trolls, 20% complete assholes and 10% reasonable people. This is not a cross-section of America.............is it?
Of America, Probably 25% reasonable, 45% lost in thier own world and the other 30% are assholes and trolls.
Covid save us!!!
🤣🤣🤣

Spoofin

Reaction score
Percentages aside, I just find it funny to survey average citizens on a topic like this. Experts can't agree - who really gives a [email protected] if average citizens believe COVID will get better or get worse? How is it relevant at all? As I said, I found the survey funny - which is why I didn't comment on the "findings" of that survey at all. Didn't even pay attention to them TBH.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Percentages aside, I just find it funny to survey average citizens on a topic like this. Experts can't agree - who really gives a [email protected] if average citizens believe COVID will get better or get worse? How is it relevant at all? As I said, I found the survey funny - which is why I didn't comment on the "findings" of that survey at all. Didn't even pay attention to them TBH.
I think it could affect lots of things, how people "feel." Yes, nobody knows and I don't really put *too much* stock in surveys as who the hell answers surveys anyway? But if people are pessimistic, this could have all sorts of ripple effects, starting with the economy.

balds

Reaction score
Vermont, the most vaccinated state in the union, is cruising for all time highs in covid cases.

Interesting study in pre-print that would explain why cases are exploding in highly vaccinated countries and are doing the opposite in lightly vaccinated countries. Conclusion is that those vaccinated who contract covid (and are often asymptomatic), shed a lot more virus than those unvaccinated who contract covid. It thus puts forth the likelihood that the vaccinated are driving the spread.

If true, it's looking more and more that the vaccine is futile, in regards to ending covid. It might just lead to a never ending cycle of shots that spawn variants, that lead to wosre and worse endless cycles.. Perhaps natural immunity is the only way out, as many have posited from the beginning.

Section2

Reaction score
Paging Pompous Elitist and GWG

so to me, this suggests that the vaccinated are MORE infectious than unvaxxed. Obviously, vaccine still likely to confer better results once infected. But this study would blow every single public health measure out of the water. Mandates, lockdowns, etc.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I think it could affect lots of things, how people "feel." Yes, nobody knows and I don't really put *too much* stock in surveys as who the hell answers surveys anyway? But if people are pessimistic, this could have all sorts of ripple effects, starting with the economy.
Fair enough. Maybe some people take stock in what people non-educated on the topic think. I'm not one of them. I don't take much stock in what people educated on the topic think. I am more of a data person (not surveys and polls, but actual data).

Spoofin

Reaction score
Paging Pompous Elitist and GWG

so to me, this suggests that the vaccinated are MORE infectious than unvaxxed. Obviously, vaccine still likely to confer better results once infected. But this study would blow every single public health measure out of the water. Mandates, lockdowns, etc.
GWG said something recently on here that I think makes a lot of sense. The COVID vaccine isn't really a vaccine - it is more of a therapeutic. It doesn't stop people from getting or spreading COVID, but seems effective at reducing negative effects if you catch it.

Wally

Reaction score
But if people are pessimistic, this could have all sorts of ripple effects, starting with the economy.
Naw, the only thing that matters is that we force people to go back to work.

Not people with money of course, but the trash people, we have to force them back to work, because that's just the way it is... everyone knows it...

Wally

Reaction score
Keep doing the Lord's work, Mr. Evans. We never tire of hearing of these singular anecdotes every now and then. I'm sure we'll keep seeing these individual cases for months and months and months
It's a good PSA. If you look anything like those two, you should probably get a vaccine.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Keep doing the Lord's work, Mr. Evans. We never tire of hearing of these singular anecdotes every now and then. I'm sure we'll keep seeing these individual cases for months and months and months
You have to wonder, how many peoples' rights did these two violate by exposing them to covid virions in public against their will??

Wally

Reaction score
You have to wonder, how many peoples' rights did these two violate by exposing them to covid virions in public against their will??
None.
N95 masks are widely available. Wear one if you're worried.

Wally

Reaction score
=> "You don't have the right to not be punched in the face in public, because you could have been wearing a football helmet, your fault for not!!"
Vaccinate everyone and Covid will still be here and circulating. None of this shit really matters aside from keeping the hospitals from overflowing. If you don't want to die, I would suggest a vaccine, if you're not worried then I am not going to worry for you.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Vaccinate everyone and Covid will still be here and circulating.
Huh? Magically inject every human in the world with the vaccine when it was announced, and covid literally does not exist on the face of the world other than in laboratories for study.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
if you're not worried then I am not going to worry for you.
You're allowed to think false things like this.

The fact is, the spread of the disease is ultimately the biggest factor.

Top Bottom