A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

Section2

Reaction score
The DOL/OHSA issues all kinds of workplace safety guidelines and issue fines for violations. This isn't "Biden becoming a dictator" but I know you guys can't help yourselves.
Your guy Mitt disagrees with you. Oh, must be him being a severe conservative again. He fooled us all by being anti Trump.

howeda7

Reaction score
Your guy Mitt disagrees with you. Oh, must be him being a severe conservative again. He fooled us all by being anti Trump.
And you treat Mitt as an outcast except when it's convenient.

Everyone is free to refuse the vaccine. They must be tested once per week instead. The level of freak out over this is way over the top, as expected.

Wally

Reaction score
Interesting read

The Surprisingly Strong Supreme Court Precedent Supporting Vaccine Mandates
In 1905, the high court made a fateful ruling with eerie parallels to today: One person’s liberty can’t trump everyone else’s.

Henning Jacobson, a 50-year-old minister, put his faith in his own liberty. Back in his native Sweden, he had suffered a bad reaction to a vaccine as an infant, struggling for years with an angry rash. Now he was an American citizen, serving as pastor of the Swedish Lutheran Church in Cambridge, Massachusetts. That gave him the full protections of the U.S. Constitution.

So when the Cambridge board of health decided that all adults must be vaccinated for smallpox, Jacobson sought refuge in the Constitution’s promise that no state shall “deprive any person of life, liberty or property without due process of law.”

The year was 1904, and when his politically charged legal challenge to the $5 fine for failing to get vaccinated made its way to the Supreme Court, the justices had a surprise for Rev. Jacobson. One man’s liberty, they declared in a 7-2 ruling handed down the following February, cannot deprive his neighbors of their own liberty — in this case by allowing the spread of disease. Jacobson, they ruled, must abide by the order of the Cambridge board of health or pay the penalty.

“There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good,” read the majority opinion. “On any other basis, organized society could not exist with safety to its members. Society based on the rule that each one is a law unto himself would soon be confronted with disorder and anarchy.”

jamiche

Reaction score
I can’t wait for our donalds’ anguish and outrage when a month from now they won’t be allowed on an airplane without a vaxx card. After that, hopefully, restaurants, theatres, stadiums, etc.
Don’t worry, donalds. You’ll still be free not to take the Gates microchip. The rest of us will be free of your disease transmission.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I can’t wait for our donalds’ anguish and outrage when a month from now they won’t be allowed on an airplane without a vaxx card. After that, hopefully, restaurants, theatres, stadiums, etc.
Don’t worry, donalds. You’ll still be free not to take the Gates microchip. The rest of us will be free of your disease transmission.

An amusing tweet I read today in response to Governor Abbot's outrage described the appropriate mandate policy in Texas:

You have 6 weeks to decide whether or not to take the vaccine. After that, any vaccinated American may sue you if fail to become vaccinated.

Section2

Reaction score
And you treat Mitt as an outcast except when it's convenient.

Everyone is free to refuse the vaccine. They must be tested once per week instead. The level of freak out over this is way over the top, as expected.
I don’t at all. Mitt is exactly the same he’s always been. He voted for impeachment which I didn’t agree with but didn’t rip him for. I only ripped you for being such a fool. He’s a total milquetoast politician. Not extreme in any way. And yet you fell for the leftist propaganda about him.

that’s not freedom. This is Biden making a decree on most businesses in the US. Something you oppose depending on which team is in charge

Section2

Reaction score
If you are vaxxed, the vax status of others is of no concern. What this dynamic has allowed us for you to deny your political opponents from participating in society. And you can’t wait. That says it all about you, and we thank you for openly stating your intentions. Time for a divorce US.

Zeus

Banned
Reaction score
According to recent polls, half to three-quarters of Americans intend to get the vaccine if one becomes available — woefully short of what we’ll need to protect our communities.

If a vaccine against coronavirus becomes available to the public, 49% say they plan to get vaccinated, and 20% say they will not. Another 31% are not sure. A 2019 survey conducted for the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases found a similar number, 52%, planned to get vaccinated against the flu that season.

View attachment 8677

The anti-vaccine movement was once linked primarily to wealthy white parents. Nowadays these views are expressed both by liberal parents, who align with “natural” health and parenting identities, and conservative parents, who emphasize their distrust of government and the importance of individual liberty.

Race matters, too: For some families of color, the sordid history of unethical experimentation on vulnerable communities makes them reluctant to vaccinate.

View attachment 8678

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/...l?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage
Actually a covid vaccine will not work if people do take it and can still get and or spread covid

howeda7

Reaction score
I don’t at all. Mitt is exactly the same he’s always been. He voted for impeachment which I didn’t agree with but didn’t rip him for. I only ripped you for being such a fool. He’s a total milquetoast politician. Not extreme in any way. And yet you fell for the leftist propaganda about him.

that’s not freedom. This is Biden making a decree on most businesses in the US. Something you oppose depending on which team is in charge
Mitt was never extreme. He was a doormat who I believe would have caved to the far right of the party. Now that he's in a safe red state that doesn't love Trump as much as the others, he's suddenly braver. Or maybe he really grew a spine. Doesn't really matter, his influence is muted now.

Biden's not doing anything that hasn't been done before. SCOTUS have upheld vaccine mandates and OHSA regulations multiple times.

howeda7

Reaction score
If you are vaxxed, the vax status of others is of no concern.
This is such a pathetic cop-out. Society cannot return to normal until the pandemic is under control and most people know someone who can't be vaccinated because of their age/health condition or who is vaccinated but still vulnerable due to immune issues/cancer etc.

Section2

Reaction score
This is such a pathetic cop-out. Society cannot return to normal until the pandemic is under control and most people know someone who can't be vaccinated because of their age/health condition or who is vaccinated but still vulnerable due to immune issues/cancer etc.
Vaccinated can still contract and spread covid. Covid can’t be controlled. I would think after 1.5 years you’d learn that. We have to learn to live with it. When a wave comes, that’s when the vulnerable should be isolated and protected. Better than destroying our economy and society.

Section2

Reaction score
Mitt was never extreme. He was a doormat who I believe would have caved to the far right of the party. Now that he's in a safe red state that doesn't love Trump as much as the others, he's suddenly braver. Or maybe he really grew a spine. Doesn't really matter, his influence is muted now.

Biden's not doing anything that hasn't been done before. SCOTUS have upheld vaccine mandates and OHSA regulations multiple times.
Such a doormat that he was a loner voting to impeach Trump. That ain’t doormat behavior. No one would blink if he hadn’t. He had cover.

face it, you were wrong. He’s the anti Trump. But he wasn’t good enough for you. He’s the perfect politician for you. Moderate, classy, smart. Yet you bought the MSM who was all out for Obama. And they gave you 2 guys with no shot who were no different than mitt as the GOOD guys. Huntsman!! Kasich!! If either of those two was the nominee, the MSM would have told you they were the devil and they would have given you some other 4th placer who was the only acceptable Republican. You will never learn. Baaahhh!!

kg21

Reaction score
I can't wait to see it. They will all be vaccinated and still wearing masks.

That seems off to me, but not to you.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

You are so brainwashed it’s sad. Try logging off of your computer/phone and enjoy the red state you choose to live in. Everyone else is.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
You are so brainwashed it’s sad. Try logging off of your computer/phone and enjoy the red state you choose to live in. Everyone else is.
I think a lot of our posters, honestly left and right, would do well to stay off Twitter for a week every now and then. Almost zero value in being active there other than getting yourself all worked up. Just look at how miserable of an existence Broke has

howeda7

Reaction score
Vaccinated can still contract and spread covid. Covid can’t be controlled. I would think after 1.5 years you’d learn that. We have to learn to live with it. When a wave comes, that’s when the vulnerable should be isolated and protected. Better than destroying our economy and society.
Nothing Biden did/said on Thursday is going to "destroy our economy and society". More RW hysteria.

howeda7

Reaction score
Such a doormat that he was a loner voting to impeach Trump. That ain’t doormat behavior. No one would blink if he hadn’t. He had cover.

face it, you were wrong. He’s the anti Trump. But he wasn’t good enough for you. He’s the perfect politician for you. Moderate, classy, smart. Yet you bought the MSM who was all out for Obama. And they gave you 2 guys with no shot who were no different than mitt as the GOOD guys. Huntsman!! Kasich!! If either of those two was the nominee, the MSM would have told you they were the devil and they would have given you some other 4th placer who was the only acceptable Republican. You will never learn. Baaahhh!!
Nominate Mitt in 2024 then. It'll prove your party's not complete garbage.

Section2

Reaction score
Nominate Mitt in 2024 then. It'll prove your party's not complete garbage.
It’s not my party. You had your chance to support a moderate GOP and you passed. Why would anyone ever listen to you?

Section2

Reaction score
Nothing Biden did/said on Thursday is going to "destroy our economy and society". More RW hysteria.
If the fall wave in the N and NE is worse than a year ago and we go into more lockdowns and spending and welfare and inflation gets out of control, yes it certainly could. I’m not referring to vax mandates which will likely go no where. They aren’t meant to. They’re meant to give Biden an out on covid management. It’s Republicans fault!
Guess who bought into it! Noem!!! Desantis!!!

howeda7

Reaction score
If the fall wave in the N and NE is worse than a year ago and we go into more lockdowns and spending and welfare and inflation gets out of control, yes it certainly could. I’m not referring to vax mandates which will likely go no where. They aren’t meant to. They’re meant to give Biden an out on covid management. It’s Republicans fault!
Guess who bought into it! Noem!!! Desantis!!!
Who's suggesting lockdowns? When is the last time any state was substantially locked down?

kg21

Reaction score
Think of it like some people walking into the capitol almost overthrew the government. That's always going to be one of my all-time favorites.

kg21

Reaction score
Who's suggesting lockdowns? When is the last time any state was substantially locked down?
No one of course. Last year, with less covid cases, the human race was going to die without lockdowns. This year with more cases, you dems don't need the lockdowns.

Somehow it's different this year. I'd ask why, but your name is Howeda.

Section2

Reaction score
Biden said there would be no mandates- then there were.
exactly. And I bet I could find a Howie post that said “no one is suggesting vaccine mandates” “no one is suggesting vaccine passports”.

jamiche

Reaction score
That's why you need to stay in mom and dad's basement until we tell you it's safe to come out.

Top Bottom