A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

stocker08

Reaction score
Florida. No surprises here.

Ian Hodgson, Tampa Bay Times
Fri, July 30, 2021, 4:42 PM·2 min read

Florida leads the nation in COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations as the Sunshine State becomes the epicenter of the delta-driven fourth pandemic wave.

The state saw 110,477 new coronavirus infections over the most recent seven day period from July 23 through Thursday, according to the weekly COVID-19 report released Friday. Florida averaged more than 15,780 infections a day during that period.

It’s the first time since early January that the state surpassed 100,000 infections in a single week.

Florida accounts for nearly one out of every four new infections and hospitalizations in the country, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

State hospitals saw 8,855 COVID-19 related admissions over that seven-day period, the CDC says. It’s the largest spike in hospital admissions since the beginning of the pandemic and a nearly 60 percent jump in admissions from the previous seven-day reporting period.

But this is no longer a pandemic affecting mostly Florida seniors or those with pre-existing conditions. Now it is younger, healthier, unvaccinated adults who are falling ill.

New Florida infections and hospitalizations are being driven by adults in their 20s to 40s, who now account for 53 percent of infections and about 34 percent of hospitalizations, according to federal data.

howeda7

Reaction score
In a report published on Friday, the federal health agency detailed a COVID-19 outbreak earlier this month in Barnstable County, Massachusetts, linked to the spread of the Indian 'Delta' variant.

Researchers found nearly three-quarters of the infections occurred in people who were fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with either of three shots approved in the U.S. for emergency use.

What's more, tests showed that immunized people carried about the same viral levels in their noses and throats as unvaccinated people did.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Florida. No surprises here.

Ian Hodgson, Tampa Bay Times
Fri, July 30, 2021, 4:42 PM·2 min read

Florida leads the nation in COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations as the Sunshine State becomes the epicenter of the delta-driven fourth pandemic wave.

The state saw 110,477 new coronavirus infections over the most recent seven day period from July 23 through Thursday, according to the weekly COVID-19 report released Friday. Florida averaged more than 15,780 infections a day during that period.

It’s the first time since early January that the state surpassed 100,000 infections in a single week.

Florida accounts for nearly one out of every four new infections and hospitalizations in the country, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

State hospitals saw 8,855 COVID-19 related admissions over that seven-day period, the CDC says. It’s the largest spike in hospital admissions since the beginning of the pandemic and a nearly 60 percent jump in admissions from the previous seven-day reporting period.

But this is no longer a pandemic affecting mostly Florida seniors or those with pre-existing conditions. Now it is younger, healthier, unvaccinated adults who are falling ill.

New Florida infections and hospitalizations are being driven by adults in their 20s to 40s, who now account for 53 percent of infections and about 34 percent of hospitalizations, according to federal data.

\
Seems like the D-COVID-19 variant can infect some of the people that had the vaccine although their cases are generally light. Those that did not take the Coved 19 vaccine are catching the D- version much faster, suffering, some dying & spreading it faster than the original C-19. I think most of the posters on here understand that those that are not vaccinated are the ones that will allow the D-Variant to modify itself into a stronger virus. Justas the D-Coved is more contagious and kills as easily as the original C19- Virus.

I am one of those that think that you should die the way you want, if in your right mind, but you should not spread the virus, determine the fate of others, let the D-variant grow stronger and spread it to those that don't want to suffer or die from the virus.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
In a report published on Friday, the federal health agency detailed a COVID-19 outbreak earlier this month in Barnstable County, Massachusetts, linked to the spread of the Indian 'Delta' variant.

Researchers found nearly three-quarters of the infections occurred in people who were fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with either of three shots approved in the U.S. for emergency use.

What's more, tests showed that immunized people carried about the same viral levels in their noses and throats as unvaccinated people did.

You’re an angry person. No where have I said not to get vaccinated or that the vaccine is bad. It just doesn’t seem to be stopping people from testing positive to Covid. It does appear to make the cases for those people are not as bad.
MPLS has 3 talking points from what I have seen:
- People with the vaccine don’t get COVID
- The vaccine has zero risk
- He is upset when others spread misinformation based on no science

See how that works?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
\
Seems like the D-COVID-19 variant can infect some of the people that had the vaccine although their cases are generally light. Those that did not take the Coved 19 vaccine are catching the D- version much faster, suffering, some dying & spreading it faster than the original C-19. I think most of the posters on here understand that those that are not vaccinated are the ones that will allow the D-Variant to modify itself into a stronger virus. Justas the D-Coved is more contagious and kills as easily as the original C19- Virus.

I am one of those that think that you should die the way you want, if in your right mind, but you should not spread the virus, determine the fate of others, let the D-variant grow stronger and spread it to those that don't want to suffer or die from the virus.
I hate it when I suffer dying. 😵

Spoofin

Reaction score
Can always go to a different school if getting poked is super scary. Surely not all of them will require vax.
Actually, that’s not true. It is basically August - many schools (especially ones as good as Michigan) are no longer taking new students for the Fall.

Nax5

Reaction score
Actually, that’s not true. It is basically August - many schools (especially ones as good as Michigan) are no longer taking new students for the Fall.
Ah, good point. I guess I was speaking for future students. That could definitely put some kids in really awkward positions if they were not planning on getting the shot.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Sooooooo, at this point we essentially know almost nothing about the efficacy and/or efficiency of the vaccine as it pertains to what it may or may not do for you in the coming 4-6 months or beyond? Sounds like a solid strategy

I take that back. One of the more important things actually, that it won't do is prevent you from actually having to wear a effing mask

Go4Broke

Reaction score

Some in Missouri Seek Covid-19 Shots in Secret

In a video circulated by her employer, Dr. Priscilla A. Frase, a hospitalist and the chief medical information officer at Ozarks Healthcare in West Plains, Mo., said this month that several people had pleaded for anonymity when they came in to be vaccinated, and that some appeared to have made an effort to disguise themselves. “I work closely with our pharmacists who are leading our vaccine efforts through our organization,” she said, “and one of them told me the other day that they had several people come in to get vaccinated who have tried to sort of disguise their appearance and even went so far as to say, ‘Please, please please, don’t let anyone know that I got this vaccine.’”

Some people, she said in the video, were “very concerned about how their people that they love, within their family and within their friendship circles and their work circles, are going to react if they found out that they got the vaccine.” In the video, Dr. Frase said she was particularly troubled by the increased spread of misinformation about the vaccines. “My fear is that people are getting information from the wrong sources and therefore actually making uninformed decisions rather than informed decisions,” she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/...action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Something like this would have been banned by Twitter and all other social media and not reported by CNN, WaPo, NY Times in any way, shape or form. The Biden Admin gets to determine what is the correct information and what is 'misinformation'.

We're lucky to have the government to filter and censor the information we are supposed to digest so that we only get the information that we SHOULD get

Wally

Reaction score
Most on here get this, but you are far, FAR too ignorant and stupid to truly understand the ramifications of something like you suggest. Like galactically stupid
I know its never going to happen.
Duh...

I don't want any restrictions, nothing, I am done with Covid and idgaf if those refusing vaccinations die.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

Some in Missouri Seek Covid-19 Shots in Secret

In a video circulated by her employer, Dr. Priscilla A. Frase, a hospitalist and the chief medical information officer at Ozarks Healthcare in West Plains, Mo., said this month that several people had pleaded for anonymity when they came in to be vaccinated, and that some appeared to have made an effort to disguise themselves. “I work closely with our pharmacists who are leading our vaccine efforts through our organization,” she said, “and one of them told me the other day that they had several people come in to get vaccinated who have tried to sort of disguise their appearance and even went so far as to say, ‘Please, please please, don’t let anyone know that I got this vaccine.’”

Some people, she said in the video, were “very concerned about how their people that they love, within their family and within their friendship circles and their work circles, are going to react if they found out that they got the vaccine.” In the video, Dr. Frase said she was particularly troubled by the increased spread of misinformation about the vaccines. “My fear is that people are getting information from the wrong sources and therefore actually making uninformed decisions rather than informed decisions,” she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/...action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

If true, which I doubt, it would support my thought that what happened in the Dakotas and Iowa is more an outcome of social pressure rather than a lack of mask mandates. A high percentage of people are swayed by peer pressure, and would go along with indoor group gatherings and other high transmission scenarios rather than being looked at as a “chicken”.

Similarly, I suspect if myself and others were sitting and discussing vaccines with a holdout and accused them of being a pus*y afraid of needles (or any potentially uncomfortable procedure or experience -which is true in a high percentage of “men”), the peer pressure might be enough to get that individual to take the shot rather than correctly being called a pus*y. Human nature.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Something like this would have been banned by Twitter and all other social media and not reported by CNN, WaPo, NY Times in any way, shape or form. The Biden Admin gets to determine what is the correct information and what is 'misinformation'.

We're lucky to have the government to filter and censor the information we are supposed to digest so that we only get the information that we SHOULD get

I mean, I don’t think it’s news that corporations act in their own self-interest? I suppose that insinuation could be ban-able on social media some day the way things are going... Mexican politicians are probably some of the most corrupt in the world, which is saying something. Saying one thing in public to garner the confidence of the populace, while doing another behind closed doors is the norm.

There is plenty of pushback on the idea of widespread boosters from mainstream experts. The expense of the vaccines may distract from the Mexican pols grift stream?

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I mean, I don’t think it’s news that corporations act in their own self-interest? I suppose that insinuation could be ban-able on social media some day the way things are going... Mexican politicians are probably some of the most corrupt in the world, which is saying something. Saying one thing in public to garner the confidence of the populace, while doing another behind closed doors is the norm.

There is plenty of pushback on the idea of widespread boosters from mainstream experts. The expense of the vaccines may distract from the Mexican pols grift stream?
And what about the USA pols grift stream?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
And what about the USA pols grift stream?

Don’t approve of that either. Hence why we cannot allow stifling of speech etc.

Have you considered that some of the crackpots you’re listening to have their own conflicts of interest? Plenty of folks selling substack subscriptions, patreons, social media ad revenue, vitamins or other self help books and programs. I understand not every one of us shares my high level of cynicism, suspicion, or skepticism.

Top Bottom