A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

Section2

Reaction score
As of May 22, only 38% of Americans between the ages 18 to 29 received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose, according to a report released by the agency Monday.

That’s a very high rate if you ask me. I would not advise anyone under 30 to get vaccinated unless they have some kind of condition. Risk is greater than the benefit.
And isn’t it interesting that the reason we had to shut down college sports last year was because of a handful of cases of heart inflammation post Covid? Now that we are seeing that happen with the vaccine, it’s suddenly not troubling at all. The narrative pushing on covid continues to be ridiculous.

Spoofin

Reaction score
That’s a very high rate if you ask me. I would not advise anyone under 30 to get vaccinated unless they have some kind of condition. Risk is greater than the benefit.
And isn’t it interesting that the reason we had to shut down college sports last year was because of a handful of cases of heart inflammation post Covid? Now that we are seeing that happen with the vaccine, it’s suddenly not troubling at all. The narrative pushing on covid continues to be ridiculous.
What are you talking about. I read (on here) that there is zero risk with the vaccine. zero

Section2

Reaction score
What are you talking about. I read (on here) that there is zero risk with the vaccine. zero
Most of what I’m seeing so far is anecdotal, but I’ve listened to many drs in the last few months state that they would not vaccinate their own kids. There are real issues with the covid vaccine. It’s a great tool for those at risk of covid. But the idea that we should have 100% compliance across all age groups is nuts. Things like this are a concern:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Wish I could see GWG, spoof, S2, et al spit out their coffee when they find out who wrote this opinion letter to the STrib:

Make no mistake: The University of Minnesota is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all members of its community and thus wants its students, staff and faculty vaccinated against COVID-19 ("U must lead, not lag, on vaccine campaign," Opinion Exchange, June 17).

Vaccination is the very best way to protect oneself and one's community against the scourge of COVID-19. The question is, how can the university most effectively and quickly achieve its goal? Is it with a policy of "educating, offering and encouraging" or "mandating and excluding"? In other words, carrots or sticks?

Yes, some vaccines are required for students. Since 1989, Minnesota Statute 135A.14 mandates that students in public or private postsecondary educational institutions (i.e., technical schools, colleges and universities) be immunized against measles, rubella, mumps, diphtheria and tetanus. That law establishes a procedure for the Minnesota Department of Health to add a new vaccine requirement to that list, but absent MDH action, there is some doubt over the ability of a state university to do so on its own. No matter whether a COVID mandate is added, however, exemptions are permitted for medical reasons or with a notarized statement asserting a student's conscientious objection to the vaccine(s). The upshot is that when there are vaccine mandates (under a statute or school rule), there will be exceptions. This is true whether the mandate is for students, as with this state statute, or for faculty or staff.

Vaccine verification also presents a challenge. Currently, there is no good way to ensure that those who claim to have been fully vaccinated are so. There is no credible vaccine registry system in place for students from around the world that can provide reliable information on one's vaccine status. Personal attestations and honor systems go only so far. What is more, the university is a public campus, where the coming and going of many contributes to the vibrancy of the community.

Thus, having the university require COVID-19 vaccine may seem like a simple solution, but exemptions, verification and public spaces undermine this approach. The simple solution is complicated by basic epidemiology, social science and the law. A mandate will give a false sense of safety, which only increases risk. This is exactly what we experienced last fall with mandated student COVID-19 testing. A number of universities that mandated routine student testing had campus-related outbreaks because students had a false sense of safety that testing, not reducing risky behavior, protected them. We did not mandate routine testing at the University of Minnesota; rather, we emphasized reducing risky behaviors. Despite being criticized for this approach, we also avoided campus-related outbreaks.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Granted, "I have antibodies" is not equivalent to "I am immune from covid". The immune system is far more complex.

Says the guy that feels natural infection does not infer quality, durable immunity. Your posts are a circular firing squad.

bga1

Reaction score
This. Ages 0-17 -322 "Covid related deaths" since the beginning of the Covid pandemic. That's people that died "with" Covid, not necessarily from it. The actual death rate from Covid in that age group is almost nil.

The narrative that all must get the vaccine is not ridiculous to vaccine producers who stand to make $$BILLIONS from an age group that doesn't need the vaccine at all. It's corrupt.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Why would anyone healthy under 25 get vaccinated. Way too much risk.

1624473330126.png
1624473388618.png

Spoofin

Reaction score
What an odd action to take for something that has (and I quote) “zero” risk.

FDA to add warning about rare heart inflammation to Pfizer, Moderna vaccines​

MplsGopher

Reaction score
What an odd action to take for something that has (and I quote) “zero” risk.

FDA to add warning about rare heart inflammation to Pfizer, Moderna vaccines​

As suspected, a double nothingburger with extra no-cheese.

1200 instances of nothing, out of millions vaccinated.

Doc on NBC Nightly News tonight says that myocarditis from getting covid is likely worse than what these rare cases get from the vaccine.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
First the wierd J&J dodge (confidence in the shot cratered anyway) , ie changing package labeling rather than recommending mRNA to child-bearing age women, and now this. They are creating anti-vaxxers by the truckload.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
In essentially no circumstances should a patient with myocarditis soon after 1st mRNA vax dose get a second dose

Good point - they should just wait to get covid instead and see much worse myocarditis from that.

It's their bodies immune response to the virus (spike protein) that is causing the myocarditis. Therefore, it would be worse with an actual infection.

He should be ashamed for such awful reasoning, and likely politically motivated advice.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
To clarify, I'm not talking about those who know they've had covid and have recovered. That is fine.

Talking about those who have never been infected.

bga1

Reaction score

But science.....Here's what the inventor of mRNA technology says about the vaccine. This is pretty important information:

As colleges issue controversial mandates that students be vaccinated or not attend classes, and reports surfaced of numerous deaths potentially caused by the various coronavirus vaccines, the inventor of the mRNA technology that went into some of the vaccines told Fox News on Wednesday that Google-owned YouTube deleted a posting of a podcast during which he discussed his concerns and findings.

As "Tucker Carlson Tonight" host Tucker Carlson noted, Dr. Robert Malone is "the single most qualified" expert on mRNA vaccines, but that the Big Tech companies are asserting themselves as more informed than him on the topic.

"A Norwegian study conducted of 100 nursing home residents who died after receiving Pfizer's Corona shots. They found that at least ten of those deaths were likely caused by the vaccine. 10%," said Carlson.

Meanwhile, the New York Post reported that researchers found a link between rare cases of juvenile heart inflammation and vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna, which utilize the mRNA route.

"Young adults in the prime of their lives are being forced to take the vaccine because Tony Fauci said that," Carlson said, adding that Malone "has a right to speak," given his expertise.

"[O]ne of my concerns are that the government is not being transparent with us about what those risks are. And so, I am of the opinion that people have the right to decide whether to accept vaccines or not, especially since these are experimental vaccines," Dr. Malone said, pointing to the fact the vaccines are not formally approved but instead being administered under Emergency Use Authorization.

"This is a fundamental right having to do with clinical research ethics," he said. "And so, my concern is that I know that there are risks. But we don't have access to the data and the data haven't been captured rigorously enough so that we can accurately assess those risks – And therefore … we don't really have the information that we need to make a reasonable decision."

Malone said that in the case of younger Americans, he "has a bias that the benefits probably don't outweigh the risks in that cohort."

But, he noted there is no substantive risk-benefit analysis being applied to the vaccines.

"That is one of my other objections, that we talk about these words risk-benefit analysis casually as if it is very deep science. It's not. Normally at this stage, the CDC would have performed those risk-benefit analyses and they would be database and science-based. They are not right now," said Malone.
https://eb2.3lift.com/pass?tl_click...10210&bcud=1150&sid=64&ts=1624540754&cb=70032

"I can say that the risk-benefit ratio for those 18 and below doesn't justify vaccines and there's a pretty good chance that it doesn't justify vaccination in these very young adults."

Students at Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind., retained counsel to sue the school this week over its vaccine mandate, while in Annapolis, Md., students in the University of Maryland system protested last month against a blanket vaccine mandate there.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
^^^ stopped reading when the above lied about that person being "the" inventor of mRNA technology.

Here is a great podcast about an actual pioneer of the technology: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/podcasts/the-daily/mrna-vaccines-katalin-kariko.html

Dr. Katalin Kariko

She'll be getting a piece of a Nobel Prize, deservedly so for how many lives she has already saved with her work and determination to overcome the pitfalls of academic research in this country.

And many more will be saved when mRNA helps to treat cancer.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Adding to Makary’s and others criticisms of the curiously superficial CDC ACIP analysis

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
In essentially no circumstances should a patient with myocarditis soon after 1st mRNA vax dose get a second dose

Good point - they should just wait to get covid instead and see much worse myocarditis from that.

It's their bodies immune response to the virus (spike protein) that is causing the myocarditis. Therefore, it would be worse with an actual infection.

He should be ashamed for such awful reasoning, and likely politically motivated advice.

Do you know why myocarditis develops in such high numbers in adolescents and young adults, dinglebat?

Your hot take is certainly more legitimate than practicing tenured teaching facility cardiologists and hematologist physicians.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Do you know why myocarditis develops in such high numbers in adolescents and young adults
The mRNA vaccine does nothing more than simply causing cells near the injection site to produce spike protein, for a brief time.

Therefore, that proves any negative effects observed relatively soon after that injection, would've happened the same or likely worse with an actual infection.

Quite simple, quite correct.

howeda7

Reaction score
Is the argument that people under 18 should get one dose?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
The mRNA vaccine does nothing more than simply causing cells near the injection site to produce spike protein, for a brief time.

Therefore, that proves any negative effects observed relatively soon after that injection, would've happened the same or likely worse with an actual infection.

Quite simple, quite correct.

You sound like another overconfident Jackwagon that makes statements he can’t possibly know is true. This industry individual, normally levelheaded, confidently asserted no spike protein is released from the cell expressing it (in vaccinated). Less than six weeks later he had to issue a (very grudging) mea culpa. A new study showed circulating spike in blood increasing for first five days after vaccination. The levels of circulating S1 (spike protein sub unit) in vaccinated individuals in fact is the same as natural infection. Links in second blog post.

Free S1 spike has been plausibly demonstrated to be damaging to blood vessels. Mr. Lowe uses the logic that no acute adverse events were recorded in the clinical trials thus “nothing to worry about”. We now know rare events, or perhaps sub-clinical damage, may not manifest in short, small trials. They may manifest when hundreds and thousands or millions are involved.

You, like a lot of others need to tap the brakes and acknowledge what you don’t yet know, which is a lot. Risk/benefit.

May blog post

June blog post

S1 association with pathophysiology

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Is the argument that people under 18 should get one dose?
This is the actual thing:

in American science politics -- it very much matters how "big" your name is, when it comes to landing (very) competitive (federally funded) grants.

There are far more outstanding proposals, than there is money to fund them. And the cabal of folks who pull the final levers as to which actually get the money, has to choose somehow, and often in ways that make little sense.

These wanna be politi-scientists are trying to use Twitter in exactly the same way that Berenson has used it: to make their own name/personal brands bigger and more celebrity off of a global pandemic.

Nothing more.

Last edited:

bga1

Reaction score
CDC stats show that taking the vaccine is more dangerous to adolescents than getting Covid.
Worth a read:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The levels of circulating S1 (spike protein sub unit) in vaccinated individuals in fact is the same as natural infection.

Free S1 spike has been plausibly demonstrated to be damaging to blood vessels.

Neat. Does exactly zero to disprove what I'm saying. If anything, strengthens my argument.

We now know rare events, or perhaps sub-clinical damage, may not manifest in short, small trials. They may manifest when hundreds and thousands or millions are involved.
Duh? That's just stating the definition of rare, isn't it?

The entire point of why trials sizes are selected the way they are is to attempt to balance the cost vs benefit of detecting things that would be likely vs rare events that aren't worth delaying the implementation of the therapy and saving the many at the expense of the few.

Top Bottom