A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Loony Leftist..... "Have you gotten your vaccine?"

Me..... "No, but I haven't been to Europe yet either."

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Germany recommends no vaccine for those under 18 unless they have pre-existing condition.
I think they follow the science.

1623344175014.png

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
This made me laugh. Most keys aren’t even magnetic. Holy crap if she’s a real nurse.

Theater of the absurd. By the way, I picked up some Microsoft products today. I also keep hearing Jeff Bezos for some reason, “Prime Day.” “Prime Day”. Wierd.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Young people are getting heart inflammation conditions at 25 times the typical rate following Covid vaccinations.

But hey, don’t ask questions. Just get those kids that have virtually no chance of harmful Covid effects to get vaccinated.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Young people are getting heart inflammation conditions at 25 times the typical rate following Covid vaccinations.

But hey, don’t ask questions. Just get those kids that have virtually no chance of harmful Covid effects to get vaccinated.

Yeah I see the anti-vaxers are having a field day with this. How on earth did you come up with 25 times more?

Young people have shown to have the same thing happen when getting Covid. Yet you and others keep saying there’s little risk for young people. You can’t say that and then make a big deal about this.

But either way, this is another example that shows the system in place is working like it should. These things are being investigated even when you and Tucker Carlson said differently.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Yeah I see the anti-vaxers are having a field day with this. How on earth did you come up with 25 times more?

Young people have shown to have the same thing happen when getting Covid. Yet you and others keep saying there’s little risk for young people. You can’t say that and then make a big deal about this.

But either way, this is another example that shows the system in place is working like it should. These things are being investigated even when you and Tucker Carlson said differently.

The risk/benefit in the 12-15 yo teen age group hasn’t really been fleshed out as they just started their second round of vaccines and it takes time, maybe up to a month or more for these adverse cases to get reported. There may also be other inflammatory issues that pop up in the younger kids. Time will tell with a cohort of many millions now.

With case rates so low, school out, nice weather seems like there is time to go slow.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Name checks out

Germany’s Standing Vaccination Commission (STIKO) has issued a recommendation stating that only children and adolescents with certain preexisting health conditions should be vaccinated against coronavirus.

STIKO recommends vaccine only for minors with health conditions​

According to a draft resolution, due to be published on Thursday, STIKO will only recommend that children and adolescents get a coronavirus vaccination if they are suffering from certain illnesses. The recommendation applies to the BioNTech / Pfizer mRNA vaccine, which is currently the only jab authorised for use on minors in Europe.

STIKO will recommend that only minors aged 12 to 17 who have an increased risk of suffering a severe course of COVID-19 should get vaccinated. These risk factors include obesity, as well as conditions like heart failure, severe forms of cyanosis, immune system disorders, high blood pressure, lung diseases, chronic nervous system disorders, kidney disorders and malignant tumour diseases.

The vaccination commission further recommends that children and adolescents above the age of 12 should also be vaccinated if they have “relatives or other contact persons who are at high risk of a severe course of COVID-19 who cannot be vaccinated themselves” or if vaccination protection is deemed insufficient for these people - for instance if they have an immune system disorder.

STIKO advises all other children and adolescents against getting a coronavirus vaccination: “The use of Comirnaty [the name under which the BioNTech / Pfizer jab is sold] in children and adolescents aged 12 - 17 years without previous illnesses is currently not generally recommended,” the draft resolution states.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

May be pulling from this data. The historical background rates are a little messy but the signal is clear.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

You did see that I linked a Yahoo News article, right?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
VSD is nine sentinel health care systems around the US that report vaccine safety data to CDC. VAERS is open to any clinic, hospital, individual. Age seems important. Very interesting.

Spoofin

Reaction score

Why are you so determined to downplay and belittle this? As I posted weeks ago, this condition is the very reason they delayed approval for 12-15 year-olds. It may be rare, but it isn’t some conspiracy. I was vaccinated the first opportunity I had. My wife and 18-yo too. We are waiting on the 15-year old. Actual data is showing the risk/reward trade-off for that age group is questionable… assuming you are willing to look and be open.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Why are you so determined to downplay and belittle this? As I posted weeks ago, this condition is the very reason they delayed approval for 12-15 year-olds. It may be rare, but it isn’t some conspiracy. I was vaccinated the first opportunity I had. My wife and 18-yo too. We are waiting on the 15-year old. Actual data is showing the risk/reward trade-off for that age group is questionable… assuming you are willing to look and be open.
Can you point to where I downplayed it and belittled it or stated it was a conspiracy?

I’m pointing out the hypocrisy in those that prior to the college football season said this condition isn’t a big deal and it was just a bunch of “fear mongering”. This condition has shown up in younger, healthy people after getting Covid. Yet lots of people have claimed young, healthy people have no serious risks from Covid. If that’s true, then how can those same people now claim this is serious? It’s the same condition, one is just caused by a virus, the other potentially by a vaccine.

KillerGopherFan also previously stated that the reports on VAERS weren’t being investigated. Once again, this kinda proves that isn’t true. The system is working as it should. Something possibly unusual is happening so they’re going to investigate further. So far it looks to be extremely uncommon and it isn’t even a certainty that the vaccine even causes it. But they’ll know for sure soon. If it is shown to be a serious issue, they’ll shut it down for certain age groups like they did for the J&J vaccine.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Can you point to where I downplayed it and belittled it or stated it was a conspiracy?

I’m pointing out the hypocrisy in those that prior to the college football season said this condition isn’t a big deal and it was just a bunch of “fear mongering”. This condition has shown up in younger, healthy people after getting Covid. Yet lots of people have claimed young, healthy people have no serious risks from Covid. If that’s true, then how can those same people now claim this is serious? It’s the same condition, one is just caused by a virus, the other potentially by a vaccine.

KillerGopherFan also previously stated that the reports on VAERS weren’t being investigated. Once again, this kinda proves that isn’t true. The system is working as it should. Something possibly unusual is happening so they’re going to investigate further. So far it looks to be extremely uncommon and it isn’t even a certainty that the vaccine even causes it. But they’ll know for sure soon. If it is shown to be a serious issue, they’ll shut it down for certain age groups like they did for the J&J vaccine.
I had no indication that any side effects reported to the VAERS system were being investigated, not that they weren’t. If so, where’s the report that said we’ve investigated and found no trends. I advocated for transparency in releasing any investigation, so that people could have more faith that negative effects of the vaccines weren’t being ignored.

This does show that a trend is being investigated. And, that there is some evidence that raises concerns about side effects of the vaccine on younger populations that are naturally at low risk of Covid. They’re actually doing what I suggested they should do.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I had no indication that any side effects reported to the VAERS system were being investigated, not that they weren’t. If so, where’s the report that said we’ve investigated and found no trends. I advocated for transparency in releasing any investigation, so that people could have more faith that negative effects of the vaccines weren’t being ignored.

This does show that a trend is being investigated. And, that there is some evidence that raises concerns about side effects of the vaccine on younger populations that are naturally at low risk of Covid. They’re actually doing what I suggested they should do.
Correction. They’re doing what they’ve always done and have always said they’re doing.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
So then unless I’m misunderstanding it, the expected number is a range, not a specific number.

There will always be uncertainty, but this looks like it falls outside expected background by a wide margin in the adolescents. Covid-19 can also cause myocarditis. The ethical question here may be that given the preexisting high natural infection rates in younger ages, and given fairly low complication rates of natural infection Covid-19, whether it makes sense to give two doses of vaccine to young people. Or even one, if prior infection.

The questions going forward will be whether the vaccine or Covid causes higher myocarditis numbers, particularly in teen males, and eg whether the vaccines may induce MIS-C in adolescents in similar, lower, or higher numbers as natural infection. It’s clear rare things are occurring that nobody had foreseen.

There is a real risk of a disastrous drop in confidence in public health for a large segment of population if they don’t handle this right. It may already be too late.

Spoofin

Reaction score

Well, downplaying it is the impression I got.
As to your next paragraph, I don’t really agree with the premise, but the bolded is right. COVID really isn’t a risk for the age group we are talking about. That is just basic statistics and absolutely true. That isn’t the same thing as saying “zero young will be affected” and pretending it is like so many on here did (and still do) is disingenuous. You can’t deny what the survival rate of 12-15 yo with COVID is.

So what you have is a vaccine, that is still being studied, causing an issue while protecting from a virus that has shown, statistically, to be (virtually) no threat to that age group. Sorry to say, the risk/reward for that age group to get the vax is highly debate able. In older ages it is a no-brainer, IMO, but certainly not in the 12-15 range. My 15-year old is waiting - the rest of us got it the first chance. Actual data being used.

jamiche

Reaction score
Germany recommends no vaccine for those under 18 unless they have pre-existing condition.
I think they follow the science.

View attachment 13054
The part of the article that you didn't include was the EMA determined that it is safe to give the vaccine to children down to age 12. Germany is proceeding accordingly.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

Sigh, more misinformation. Like B117 before it there is high confidence it is more transmissible, 40% was most recent estimate. There is LOW level evidence it leads to more severe disease. One dose was never enough for complete protection. US vaccines > UK vaccines.

Time will tell. Trumpeting early unconfirmed and low confidence data as fact is ridiculous. Feigl Ding should have been shut down a year ago.

Top Bottom