A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Natural immunity isn’t as good as vaccine immunity. Simple as that. No need to try to invent skepticism where there is none to be had.

Many large scale studies suggesting otherwise recently. Feel free to post evidence of large scale (or any scale) reinfection from any of the circulating variants.

Lancet SIREN study from April:

Cleveland Clinic health system study:

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
But the vaccines are free, proven highly effective and high safe, and you risk nothing by getting it.

There has never been a vaccine where people suddenly developed dramatic, disabling loss of life quality or even death, several months or years after taking the vaccine.

We'd know by now, if something was going to happen, at this point in those 30k trial populations.

Nothing has happened, and nothing ever is going to happen.

If you agree with the concept of physiologic or functional reserve then cumulative damage from either natural infection or a very vigorous immune response (eg myocarditis from hypothetical free-ranging spike protein or mRNA uptake by various organs/cells) could potentially shorten lifespan or eventually manifest in effects not directly attributable to prior events.

It is hubris to say we understand every mechanism of immune response or disease and that becomes more evident by the day. Precautionary principle and greater good principle applies.

cncmin

Reaction score
The virus never spread outside. There was never any reason to think if spread outside. We knew very early that airflow and sunlight worked. How much damage did we do by shutting down outdoor events and restaurants? One small example, and there are many. No doubt that they will later determine that masks did nothing. Lockdowns obviously did nothing.
The Rose Garden incident, Fascist2, you idiotic clown.

jamiche

Reaction score
I feel bad for all the democrats that are brainwashed like you. I'd love to see the data that proves me wrong, and proves you have even a tiny shred of ability to analyze anything without mentioning politics.
The data is everywhere. You just don't want to admit it. The case rates, vaccine rates, holiday schedules and states all correlate with my points. Saying stupid things like everybody went outside on 7/16 last summer because it started to cool off and that's why case rates began to fall exposes you as a moron.

Politics leads to public policy which leads to public health. It's all linked.

Trump screwed up badly. You and the other seditionists continue to follow him blindly. It gets harder to recover while pulling you guys along.

Section2

Reaction score
The Rose Garden incident, Fascist2, you idiotic clown.
Ah yes, 8 people out of 200 tested positive 15 days later, clearly they only could have caught it outside at the event. I could be wrong, but I don’t think they have confirmed a single case of outdoor spread. The risk is theoretical and tiny. Covid spreads indoors. If you want to reduce spread, get people outdoors. Most of the spread has occurred at home.
Good thing CA bulldozed a bunch of sand on outdoor skate parks.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
It is hubris to say we understand every mechanism of immune response or disease and that becomes more evident by the day.
All the same:

the risk that people who've had the two dose mRNA vaccine for several months now will suddenly develop debilitating or fatal complications some number of months or years from now, is probably the same risk that people who've been infected and recovered naturally months ago with no symptoms since will suddenly develop debilitating or fatal symptoms some number of months or years from now.

Almost surely zero.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
The data is everywhere. You just don't want to admit it. The case rates, vaccine rates, holiday schedules and states all correlate with my points. Saying stupid things like everybody went outside on 7/16 last summer because it started to cool off and that's why case rates began to fall exposes you as a moron.

Politics leads to public policy which leads to public health. It's all linked.

Trump screwed up badly. You and the other seditionists continue to follow him blindly. It gets harder to recover while pulling you guys along.

Except they don't, you are lying, the data clearly proves that.

You still can't make a post without mentioning Trump which has nothing to do with anything I'm saying.

Last edited:

jamiche

Reaction score
Except they don't, you are lying, the data clearly proves that.

You still can't make a post without mentioning Trump with has nothing to do with anything I'm saying.
Then make Donald look great. Show everyone how I'm lying. Donald will be very, very proud of you.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Then make Donald look great. Show everyone how I'm lying. Donald will be very, very proud of you.

It's easy to pull the data, it's been posted several times on here by me. Obviously you don't know how, or won't do it to prove yourself wrong.

Don't want to take my word for it? Plenty of other researchers have come to the same conclusion. Here's just one link with an embedded research paper.

"Indeed, our worldwide epidemiological analysis showed a statistically significant correlation between temperature and incidence, mortality, recovery cases, and active cases," noted Caetano-Anollés. "The same tendency was found with latitude, but not with longitude, as we expected."

The researchers noted that the host immune system could be in part responsible for the pattern of seasonality. While unconfirmed, some studies suggest that high environmental temperatures, host nutritional status, and vitamin D levels play a crucial role in the regulation of adaptive immune responses following respiratory viral infection, as is the case with influenza. The researchers recommend that the interaction of the environment and SARS-CoV-2 epidemiological data merits further investigation.

Worldwide data that anyone can pull backs this up.

cncmin

Reaction score
It's easy to pull the data, it's been posted several times on here by me. Obviously you don't know how, or won't do it to prove yourself wrong.

Don't want to take my word for it? Plenty of other researchers have come to the same conclusion. Here's just one link with an embedded research paper.

"Indeed, our worldwide epidemiological analysis showed a statistically significant correlation between temperature and incidence, mortality, recovery cases, and active cases," noted Caetano-Anollés. "The same tendency was found with latitude, but not with longitude, as we expected."

The researchers noted that the host immune system could be in part responsible for the pattern of seasonality. While unconfirmed, some studies suggest that high environmental temperatures, host nutritional status, and vitamin D levels play a crucial role in the regulation of adaptive immune responses following respiratory viral infection, as is the case with influenza. The researchers recommend that the interaction of the environment and SARS-CoV-2 epidemiological data merits further investigation.

STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT = ONLY in your little thoughtless, Simpleton world.

jamiche

Reaction score

The article from which you cherry picked one paragraph was actually a big fat maybe.

The actual study was conducted last fall which is light years ago in terms of our accumulation of knowledge about the virus. It found no correlation between latitude and case rates in the U.S. (and, yes, we were referencing the U.S. in previous posts, not the world). It did find a possible correlation between longitude and case rates in the U.S. We know that. The virus hit hard in NYC, the east coast, CA and FL.

You didn't do your homework. You don't know what the F you are talking about. You tried to bullshit your way through something. Donald would be very proud of you.

Spoofin

Reaction score

You are arguing with a group that includes the dude who blamed the last NE surge on a “radius form W-PA where he saw some folks at a restaurant w/o masks”. A group that includes another dude who claimed those in the NE “like to spring break in FL”. Oh, and when all else fails just mention DT.

Bottom Line is that data and science mean as much to them as they do to Walz. Zippo. They are pot committed on their assumptions and absolutely nothing will change that. The only logical conclusion is that you are a racist. smh

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
The article from which you cherry picked one paragraph was actually a big fat maybe.

The actual study was conducted last fall which is light years ago in terms of our accumulation of knowledge about the virus. It found no correlation between latitude and case rates in the U.S. (and, yes, we were referencing the U.S. in previous posts, not the world). It did find a possible correlation between longitude and case rates in the U.S. We know that. The virus hit hard in NYC, the east coast, CA and FL.

You didn't do your homework. You don't know what the F you are talking about. You tried to bullshit your way through something. Donald would be very proud of you.
You've yet to show any data. It's not cherry picked. The data is all out there for you to post. All that happened is a massive spike over the fall and winter across the northern hemisphere, despite masks/restrictions, at the same time normal coronavirus and flu season occurs.. Just like all the states around MN saw increases at the same time last fall, despite different restrictions.

Do yourself a favor, take off your 3 masks, breathe some fresh air, and get some vitamin D. Read a book about data analysis. You clearly need an education.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
You are arguing with a group that includes the dude who blamed the last NE surge on a “radius form W-PA where he saw some folks at a restaurant w/o masks”. A group that includes another dude who claimed those in the NE “like to spring break in FL”. Oh, and when all else fails just mention DT.

Bottom Line is that data and science mean as much to them as they do to Walz. Zippo. They are pot committed on their assumptions and absolutely nothing will change that. The only logical conclusion is that you are a racist. smh

It's truly amazing how lost they are. Completely unable digest any data and think for themselves. The only way they know how to live life is however their favorite politician or news outlet tells them to. It's cult like. I feel bad for them.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
All the same:

the risk that people who've had the two dose mRNA vaccine for several months now will suddenly develop debilitating or fatal complications some number of months or years from now, is probably the same risk that people who've been infected and recovered naturally months ago with no symptoms since will suddenly develop debilitating or fatal symptoms some number of months or years from now.

Almost surely zero.

You could be and probably are right, but of course there is no way to be certain at this time. Overall given the known risks of infection most previously uninfected adults should get vaccinated.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Lack of this does not disprove what I said. This here is far more specific.

You said natural infection isn’t as effective or durable as vaccination. Based on what data? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but there’s no real world data saying you’re right, AFAIK.

jamiche

Reaction score
You've yet to show any data. It's not cherry picked. The data is all out there for you to post. All that happened is a massive spike over the fall and winter across the northern hemisphere, despite masks/restrictions, at the same time normal coronavirus and flu season occurs.. Just like all the states around MN saw increases at the same time last fall, despite different restrictions.

Do yourself a favor, take off your 3 masks, breathe some fresh air, and get some vitamin D. Read a book about data analysis. You clearly need an education.
You misrepresented the article from which you cherry picked the the paragraph. You obviously didn't read the source studly or weren't capable of understanding it because it clearly states that there was no latitudinal correlation in the US when the data was collected.

There was almost no flu in the U.S last year, so where's your "seasonality?"

The NY Times and WaPo tracks case rates, deaths and other trends daily nationally, by state and by county. Everything I've been telling you is right there, right in front of your face.

Next time don't latch on to a couple of sentences that you don't really understand anyway. Do the reading, so you don't look sloppy, lazy and stupid--like Donald.

howeda7

Reaction score
You said natural infection isn’t as effective or durable as vaccination. Based on what data? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but there’s no real world data saying you’re right, AFAIK.
There have been cases of people getting Covid twice. We have yet to see much in the way of fully vaccinated people getting it months later. The timelines are not equal, so it will take time to see I suppose.

There are also many cases I've seen of people with lingering symptoms having them alleviated when they got the vaccine. It seems the vaccine prompts a stronger immune reaction and helped them clear the virus when their initial immune response did not.

Spoofin

Reaction score
There have been cases of people getting Covid twice. We have yet to see much in the way of fully vaccinated people getting it months later. The timelines are not equal, so it will take time to see I suppose.
Oh, sh!t are you a fraud. As of mid-April there were 71 cases globally of someone getting it twice. What % is that and now compare that to even what the vaccine manufacturer's state as an effective rate. DHB.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

There are also many cases I've seen of people with lingering symptoms having them alleviated when they got the vaccine. It seems the vaccine prompts a stronger immune reaction and helped them clear the virus when their initial immune response did not.
There have been hundreds if not thousands of breakthrough cases. It doesn’t mean vaccination is overall ineffective. It’s extremely effective, as is the immune response after natural infection. If you have evidence otherwise please post.

For the second paragraph as these are mostly psycho- somatic symptoms it stands to reason a placebo effect is at play. There could be other completely unknown mechanisms. Interesting either way.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
You misrepresented the article from which you cherry picked the the paragraph. You obviously didn't read the source studly or weren't capable of understanding it because it clearly states that there was no latitudinal correlation in the US when the data was collected.

The NY Times and WaPo tracks case rates, deaths and other trends daily nationally, by state and by county. Everything I've been telling you is right there, right in front of your face.

Next time don't latch on to a couple of sentences that you don't really understand anyway. Do the reading, so you don't look sloppy, lazy and stupid--like Donald.

Post the data that shows COVID is not seasonal. You can't do it.

The bolded is even more telling how clueless you are.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

Kids out of school, little international travel, hygiene, distancing, respirator use and mask use by health care workers. It didn’t totally disappear. It will be back. I don’t think anyone knows for sure, though.

bga1

Reaction score
Oh, sh!t are you a fraud. As of mid-April there were 71 cases globally of someone getting it twice. What % is that and now compare that to even what the vaccine manufacturer's state as an effective rate. DHB.
100%.

Top Bottom