A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

Spoofin

Reaction score
I suppose you're a big fan of the original Biden infrastructure bill because at least SOME of it makes sense

Also, I am not pimping the law because of half of it. That's exactly what you're doing
Nope. I wasn’t a fan of the original Biden infrastructure bill because much of it didn’t make sense.

As for this proposed bill, I don’t give a rip if Walz wants to give a valley fair ticket to those that get vaccinated. However, I do give a rip if schools can mandate students get the vaccine to attend. How you even put these 2 things on the same plane is whacked. One is a big deal, the other is a nothing burger. But hey, get those Rs.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Most vaccine requirements have exceptions for legitimate medical reasons but not "you can't tell me what to do! Freedom! MAGA! “ hissy fits.
Most vaccine requirements? Which ones? How do you define “legitimate medical reasons”?

Are you suggesting that my daughter-in-law HAS to reveal medical information to get an exception? B/c it sounds like it.

You didn’t address my comment about “my body, my choice”. Maybe you can explain when that is or isn’t in effect?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I suppose you're a big fan of the original Biden infrastructure bill because at least SOME of it makes sense

Also, I am not pimping the law because of half of it. That's exactly what you're doing
Regardless of the quality of the legislation, there is a difference between having legislative differences in how to spend taxpayer money and legislation that prevents the violation of peoples’ constitutional rights.

The former may be wise or dumb, but legal, and the latter is a question of constitutionality and would likely end up decided by the courts to determine what parts or all of the law is constitutional.

Section2

Reaction score
The Fellas now support Big Government trampling on the rights of private businesses as long as it "owns Libs".
I will gladly trade the ability for private businesses to require vaccination if they wish, to also grant them total freedom to bake or not bake a cake, do business with whoever they wish, etc. is that a trade you would make? Because it seems to me that you would strongly oppose that trade. You have no interest in granting private business that kind of freedom, and only support this “freedom” to own the cons.

Section2

Reaction score
Most vaccine requirements have exceptions for legitimate medical reasons but not "you can't tell me what to do! Freedom! MAGA! “ hissy fits.
Boy, you went from “nobody is taking about vaccine ids” to “just tell Macy’s your private health info or you can’t shop there, get over it!” In a heartbeat.

GopherJake

Reaction score
You get freedom only if you take a shot is not freedom it is coercion.
I don’t exactly get the correlation. Are you arguing that to be consistent in opposing forced vaccines, that we must also oppose complying with law enforcement? That seems like a huge reach.
Hey, @Section2, spreading disease is an infringement on other people’s liberty.

GopherJake

Reaction score
So who gets to say where this stops? You think it just stops with a COVID vaccine? Really?
At least you agree that spreading disease is an infringement on other people’s liberty. Positive step, PAP. Credit granted. @Section2 will simply pretend he never saw the post, because he’s boxed in tighter than....well, very tight.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Hey, @Section2, spreading disease is an infringement on other people’s liberty.
It wasn’t long ago on here (weeks) where basically everyone was saying “once those that want it have had a chance to get it, open everything up, those that didn’t get it made their choice.” Now that we are basically at that point, suddenly we have folks fighting for mandates to exclude those that chose not to from their jobs, schools, businesses, hospitals, etc.

What happened? What changed in the last few weeks? My question now remains, why stop at mandates - why not physically force people to take it?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Nope. I wasn’t a fan of the original Biden infrastructure bill because much of it didn’t make sense.

As for this proposed bill, I don’t give a rip if Walz wants to give a valley fair ticket to those that get vaccinated. However, I do give a rip if schools can mandate students get the vaccine to attend. How you even put these 2 things on the same plane is whacked. One is a big deal, the other is a nothing burger. But hey, get those Rs.

Conservatism: Private enterprise, public health, and the First Amendment are a nothing burger as long as anti-vaxxer rights are protected.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Conservatism: Private enterprise, public health, and the First Amendment are a nothing burger as long as anti-vaxxer rights are protected.
Thank you for this post. It shows you in the exact light everyone should see you in. Pay attention everyone ^^^^^^.
- I say that offering incentives like valley fair tickets is a nothing burger in comparison to mandates like requiring students to get vaccinated to go to school (including K-12 for the love of God) and this is your response. Dishonest to the core.

Section2

Reaction score
At least you agree that spreading disease is an infringement on other people’s liberty. Positive step, PAP. Credit granted. @Section2 will simply pretend he never saw the post, because he’s boxed in tighter than....well, very tight.
So if someone catches a cold from you, you’ve infringed on their liberty? Boxed.

howeda7

Reaction score
Boy, you went from “nobody is taking about vaccine ids” to “just tell Macy’s your private health info or you can’t shop there, get over it!” In a heartbeat.
I'm talking about existing vaccine requirements to attend school etc. Not "vaccine passports".

Section2

Reaction score
I'm talking about existing vaccine requirements to attend school etc. Not "vaccine passports".
That wasn’t what KGFs post that you replied to was discussing. He said what if various entities start requiring vaccines. And you said “shut up
with your stupid freedom MAGA!!”

Spoofin

Reaction score
honestly, all of the covid vaccine numbers are great. Why anyone would complain about people not getting vaccinated is nuts.
Well, sometimes a ‘poll’ shows something against Rs and one Just. Has. To. Share it.

howeda7

Reaction score
That wasn’t what KGFs post that you replied to was discussing. He said what if various entities start requiring vaccines. And you said “shut up
with your stupid freedom MAGA!!”
Certain entities already require certain vaccines already. Most of them allow exemptions for people who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons. This isn't a new issue.

Section2

Reaction score
Certain entities already require certain vaccines already. Most of them allow exemptions for people who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons. This isn't a new issue.
The law in question does not only cover existing entities, it’s a blanket proposal to stop any new vaccine requirements as well. If your concern lies purely with affecting any existing requirements, pre covid, state it. It’s not what KGF argued.

Spoofin

Reaction score
So you are for vax requirements, for exemptions where needed, but not for vax passports. How do you suppose we will prove our status?

Wally

Reaction score
Might be the best thing he ever did for his kids...

Anti-vaxxer Colorado sheriff’s deputy, 33, dies of COVID complications​

Section2

Reaction score
We don’t have to bribe people to take it. Offer it to them, and if they decide not to take it, that’s their choice. Sell the rest to other countries. No problem at all unless you have a maniacal need to control the decisions of others.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I haven't 100% followed up on what has happened in the last 24+ hours with this but the wife said something about Nevada making national news with something in regards to masks. I did literally in the last 10 minutes get an email from my private country club about no masks required if you have been vaccinated, for the benefit of others, please continue to wear a mask if you are NOT vaccinated.

The short answer is, Yes, this most definitely changes things. It may not be today but hell yes, if it means not wearing a mask I would be 1000X more likely to get on board and will get online and investigate when and where I can get a vaccine. As I mentioned, the wife already is.
Unfortunately daily vaccine numbers continue to fall even with teenagers now eligible. I know my experience doesn’t necessarily represent everyone but I’m seeing a lot of people just changing their reasoning for not getting it. And, unfortunately, a lot of people still making the decision based on false info.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The vaccine mfg'ers would love nothing more than for there to be need for a yearly booster.

Top Bottom