A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

John Galt

Reaction score
I agree. But there should also be strong advocacy from the most powerful people in our country to influence normal people and also the sycophants. I commend Pence for leading the way. If only the leadership when it all began - and really the entire way through - had been there.
I fully support Pence taking the vaccine if he chooses to. I also wouldn’t be critical if he didn’t. Let people decide what they want to do. Isn’t that the American way?

Wally

Reaction score
I fully support Pence taking the vaccine if he chooses to. I also wouldn’t be critical if he didn’t. Let people decide what they want to do. Isn’t that the American way?

Yep, I wish he had said he wasn't. I want Trumpers to get their immunity naturally. 😎

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Yep, I wish he had said he wasn't. I want Trumpers to get their immunity naturally. 😎
Funny how they’re all too big of cowards to get themselves infected on purpose!! Even though there is obviously a 0.0% chance that anything bad would happen to them.

howeda7

Reaction score
The Trump Administration screwing up the vaccine roll out? Shocking...

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
It normally takes 10 years to get a vaccine developed. I wouldn’t touch one that gets approved in 9 months.

For anyone under 60 that is healthy, odds are your long-term health will be better actually getting the virus than taking the vaccine.

Please keep us updated on when you get infected and how that works our for you!

Two friends of mine just got it, both under 40 with no pronounced medical issues.

One had nothing happen to him or his 8 year old daughter.

The other got sicker, non-hospitalized, however, numerous others in his family got ill and his 8 year old son ended up hospitalized with pneumonia. Thank God all recovered and we all hope for non lasting effects for his son.

Don't be such a candy ass internet tough guy, time to buck up, buttercup!!

It's not all about you and your infatuation with Chili's.

PS - they cry "don't tread on me and my freedumb" when vaccination comes up, even though many of them have no problem wanting to restrict a woman's choice over her reproductive health, despite the face that a majority of the country disagrees with it and it is the law of the land.

This irony is so rich it tastes like Tiramisu.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
It normally takes 10 years to develop a vaccine.

There were many factors in the speed-up. But chiefly among them is that they didn't start from scratch on March 2020. A lot of work had already been done. Years of work. Work that was easy to transfer to this particular virus, when the need arose.

Wally

Reaction score
It normally takes 10 years to develop a vaccine.

There were many factors in the speed-up. But chiefly among them is that they didn't start from scratch on March 2020. A lot of work had already been done. Years of work. Work that was easy to transfer to this particular virus, when the need arose.

Investing in research and technology pays off, who woulda guessed?

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I’m happy to report that several of my young/healthy healthcare friends have received the vaccine with no issues. No microchip was reported in the injection.

Take the vaccine people.
No! Dont listen to GWGs shitty advice, people

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I’m happy to report that several of my young/healthy healthcare friends have received the vaccine with no issues. No microchip was reported in the injection.

Take the vaccine people.
First sane post on covid since March.

It's never too late.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
here is one issue with the "I have the right to refuse the vaccine" position.
If enough people refuse, then the US may not reach herd immunity, which could keep the virus active for a longer period of time.

according to the Pew Research Center:

A key question for public health going forward is whether enough Americans will be immunized against the coronavirus to bring collective health benefits known as herd immunity. As of now, it is unclear what threshold will be needed to slow the spread of the coronavirus. The threshold of immunization is specific to each disease, ranging between roughly 70% and 90% of the population.

And from a different source:

“There are two aspects of vaccination. One is for the individual health and safety. And the other is the impact on the dynamics of the outbreak,” Dr. Fauci said. “The more people that get vaccinated, the greater degree of protection of the entire community. That’s referred to often as 'herd immunity.' You need a certain percentage of the population to be protected, either from having already been infected or getting vaccinated. We don’t know the exact percentage, but given the efficiency of spread of this virus, we imagine it is somewhere around 75 to 85 percent or more."
The number is not exact, but all four experts estimated that between 70 and 90 percent of Americans need to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity.

Wally

Reaction score
here is one issue with the "I have the right to refuse the vaccine" position.
If enough people refuse, then the US may not reach herd immunity, which could keep the virus active for a longer period of time.

according to the Pew Research Center:

A key question for public health going forward is whether enough Americans will be immunized against the coronavirus to bring collective health benefits known as herd immunity. As of now, it is unclear what threshold will be needed to slow the spread of the coronavirus. The threshold of immunization is specific to each disease, ranging between roughly 70% and 90% of the population.

And from a different source:

“There are two aspects of vaccination. One is for the individual health and safety. And the other is the impact on the dynamics of the outbreak,” Dr. Fauci said. “The more people that get vaccinated, the greater degree of protection of the entire community. That’s referred to often as 'herd immunity.' You need a certain percentage of the population to be protected, either from having already been infected or getting vaccinated. We don’t know the exact percentage, but given the efficiency of spread of this virus, we imagine it is somewhere around 75 to 85 percent or more."
The number is not exact, but all four experts estimated that between 70 and 90 percent of Americans need to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity.

There is no guarantee vaccination prevents asymptomatic infection. Its to be determined.

Wally

Reaction score
Any infection would be included in the 95% effectiveness calculation?

They didn't test the people in the vaccine trials unless they were symptomatic so they don't know. Never thought about it until my wife made this point to me, she said its possible the virus could still circulate even if everyone gets vaccinated.

howeda7

Reaction score
They didn't test the people in the vaccine trials unless they were symptomatic so they don't know. Never thought about it until my wife made this point to me, she said its possible the virus could still circulate even if everyone gets vaccinated.
Where did you read that?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
So what you're saying is .... the vaccine makes it so that anyone who takes it, at worse gets an asymptomatic infection.

How is that a problem?

We only have a problem because this virus kills people and puts even more people in the hospital. If it didn't do anything ..... well, people would care less about the fact that it was circulating than they do about the virus that causes warts.

Top Bottom