A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

KGF

Reaction score
I got the vaccine last March and April. I got what expect was Omicron 3 weeks ago. Having Omicron provides a level of immunity against Delta.

A UK study‘s findings show that the booster’s efficacy drops from 70% initially to 35% (Pfizer) and 45% (Moderna) after 10 weeks.

I suspect my Covid immunity is better than any booster can provide, so I’ll pass for now.

Will the Biden Administration and Fauci admit this?

Spoofin

Reaction score
I got the vaccine last March and April. I got what expect was Omicron 3 weeks ago. Having Omicron provides a level of immunity against Delta.

A UK study‘s findings show that the booster’s efficacy drops from 70% initially to 35% (Pfizer) and 45% (Moderna) after 10 weeks.

I suspect my Covid immunity is better than any booster can provide, so I’ll pass for now.

Super Immunity

• Love
Reactions: KGF

KGF

Reaction score
This is what we’ve come to. My god.

bga1

Reaction score
I think that the map doesn't do what you hoped. When you think about it, the map is a pretty damning picture of vaccine effectiveness. Why would ANY county have a death rate increase after the vaccine?

howeda7

Reaction score
I think that the map doesn't do what you hoped. When you think about it, the map is a pretty damning picture of vaccine effectiveness. Why would ANY county have a death rate increase after the vaccine?
How do you know what I "hoped"?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
You could actually increase your own personal protection by at least 2 or 3 more percent from what good ol' Joseph Allen here is saying by actually staying shut inside your home under complete and total isolation, while wearing the N95, for the next 2-3 months.

Wally

Reaction score
DT has always been pro-vax. This isn’t new. Those that kept saying he wasn’t are the same sheep that called KR a WS.
A provax person appoints JFK Jr to head a federal vaccine group or whatever it is.

Are you that stupid?

Wally

Reaction score
This is interesting. Not that I trust the WHO or that they have the interest of the US in mind, but it claims that boosters will only prolong the Covid pandemic…

Because the vaccines should go to the unvaccinated. He has the worlds interest in mind. Duh.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Because people didn’t take it.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I assumed you shared it to show how well South Dakota has done 🤷‍♂️
The missing part is the vax uptake rate, of course.
Assuming South Dakota has a vax rate of 50 percent, the map doesn’t make the case for a mandatory program to increase that. Maybe they are more rural, maybe they are better at masking, maybe they don’t travel, maybe dumb luck. The results are good. One size fits all does not fit all.
Meanwhile, Kentucky is a third world country.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Right, but wouldn't 50 or 60% taking it also cause a decrease in Covid deaths versus zero percent vaxxed last year?
Great questio. See what the results are in higher compliance states and post.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
The missing part is the vax uptake rate, of course.
Assuming South Dakota has a vax rate of 50 percent, the map doesn’t make the case for a mandatory program to increase that. Maybe they are more rural, maybe they are better at masking, maybe they don’t travel, maybe dumb luck. The results are good. One size fits all does not fit all.
Meanwhile, Kentucky is a third world country.

Or maybe it’s natural immunity via having a normal society since last summer.

bga1

Reaction score
It’s clearly the Republicans and MAGA
View attachment 16227
This is why the vaccine should be considered a tool kit piece to reduce death rather than a pandemic panacea. International travel is part of life. We are an international business country. Unless we were to decide to blow it all up and go New Zealand style on this, the vaccine would never stop the continued onset of cases. Oh and by the way, we would have to close the border- seal it tight. No one enters at all. Two years from now it would still be waiting at our door.

This idea that those who have chosen to not vax, are evil anti- vaxxers who are stopping the very good and wonderful Biden administration from halting the virus, just completely defies common sense and science.

bga1

Reaction score
Only if infections are constant
We had 18 million reported cases in the last 6 months of 2020
We have had 33 million cases in the 12 months of 2021 (16.5 million cases per 6 month period)

We can conclude without question that the vax does not slow the spread.

We had 241,000 deaths in the last 6 months of 2020
We have had 475,000 deaths in the 12 months of 2021

Certainly, we do know that more of the vaxxed by percentage are surviving than the unvaxxed so I do credit the vax with reducing death in the vaxxed population. My firm belief is that the vaxxed are now the spreaders of this virus. They often don't know they have it while the unvaxxed do know for the most part, get sick and hunker down to get through it. The vax is a little like handing our condoms with unseen holes in them to teenagers.

As an overall pandemic stopper, the vax is not that. It is a tool kit item that is a must have for the most vulnerable and an option for others. It is incredibly stupid to vax kids. There is zero supporting evidence for that. I think that with a more honest CDC we would have a better strategy and better knowledge of what works and what doesn't. There are a lot of deaths on the heads of those who prevented therapeutics from being used more broadly.

Top Bottom