A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

Spoofin

Reaction score
They are scared yes. Scared to leave their house was a metaphor.

They are Scared of Minneapolis, scared to leave the country. Scared of minorities.

I grew up surrounded by them, yes this is pretty accurate.

They stay in their suburban hole or their small town, rarely if ever leave and are rarely if ever exposed to people who aren't like them.

Stepping out of their comfort zone is an all inclusive in Mexico where you can't even tell you aren't in Florida.
🙄

John Galt

Reaction score
Most of the righties here, yes are hiding from the World, not Covid.

That's what I meant, downtown Minneapolis is scary, the most "crazy" thing they do in their life is go to some all inclusive resort in Mexico.

It wasn't directed at you really.
I’m sure the uptown Marxists leave their hole often and spend weekends in Eden Prairie.

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score

"Even though Fauci tries to palliate the hard impact of his answer in soft language, the harsh truth behind his words is painfully evident.

Fauci’s words amount to the admission that the vaccinated are getting infected and more and more of them are ending up in hospital where they keep succumbing to Covid at increasing rates.

This is what data from Israel and other highly vaccinated countries has indicated for some time now. In the United Kingdom, for example, between February and September of this year, 72 percent of all Covid-related deaths were among the vaccinated. In Scotland the situation was even worse: 80 percent of Covid deaths occurred among those who had been injected with the vaccines.............."

GopherNE

Reaction score
Do you have a general inherent mistrust of doctors and modern medicine? Trying to establish if those against the vaccine have a phobia about needles or doctors in general. Seems to be the same people drawn to other fringe beliefs as well. I got the sense there is some phobia related to anxiety, control, etc.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Do you have a general inherent mistrust of doctors and modern medicine? Trying to establish if those against the vaccine have a phobia about needles or doctors in general. Seems to be the same people drawn to other fringe beliefs as well. I got the sense there is some phobia related to anxiety, control, etc.
This has been kinda beaten to death on here. There are myriad reasons someone may be hesitant to get the vax. Bad previous experience with a vax, already got covid and believe their best avenue to immunity through that experience, a family member who may have had a previous bad experience with a vax, the info they have dug up on their own doesn't warrant the difference in threat from a relatively unproven vax to getting a mild case of covid, some people just feel bulletproof to the vax or anything else, millions of healthy people under the age of 40 simply don't think they are that much at risk, et al

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Trying to establish if those against the vaccine have a phobia about needles or doctors in general.
I can tell you anecdotally (extended family) that some nontrivial percentage of the vaccine resistance was/is nothing more than adult hypochondriasis.

People so afraid of anything going in their body, for fear of death, that they're willing to spend a week bed-ridden in illness just so they won't have to get a shot and live in fear for the next X years about mystical "long term" effects.

howeda7

Reaction score
It seems likely that the % who refuse to vaccinate their kids for measles etc is going to increase dramatically. Sadly this is where we are now.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
It seems likely that the % who refuse to vaccinate their kids for measles etc is going to increase dramatically. Sadly this is where we are now.
My wife is pretty active in the autism community for obvious reasons and works a lot with parents who are learning the ins and outs of having a child on the spectrum. There is a significant portion of that community who think the large bump in autism numbers in the last 10-20 years is related to the litany of vaccinations children receive in the formative years. I don't know if I'm 100% on board with that, but I certainly haven't seen enough to rule out that as a very real possibility, or at least a contributing factor.

Shaming people for not getting vaxed is just really kinda pathetic and juvenile and unfortunate. People have all kinds of reasons for making the decisions for their family that they do. I don't know why it's so f'ng hard to respect that. Just mind-boggling really, but this is where we are

Spoofin

Reaction score
My wife is pretty active in the autism community for obvious reasons and works a lot with parents who are learning the ins and outs of having a child on the spectrum. There is a significant portion of that community who think the large bump in autism numbers in the last 10-20 years is related to the litany of vaccinations children receive in the formative years. I don't know if I'm 100% on board with that, but I certainly haven't seen enough to rule out that as a very real possibility, or at least a contributing factor.

Shaming people for not getting vaxed is just really kinda pathetic and juvenile and unfortunate. People have all kinds of reasons for making the decisions for their family that they do. I don't know why it's so f'ng hard to respect that. Just mind-boggling really, but this is where we are
If you watch CNN, you will be told the real reason everyone hasn’t gotten it. Then you don’t have to think for yourself. 🤷‍♂️

Wally

Reaction score
Ship the antivaxxers to an island and give them small pox. Then we can see what they think of vaccines.

GopherNE

Reaction score
This has been kinda beaten to death on here. There are myriad reasons someone may be hesitant to get the vax. Bad previous experience with a vax, already got covid and believe their best avenue to immunity through that experience, a family member who may have had a previous bad experience with a vax, the info they have dug up on their own doesn't warrant the difference in threat from a relatively unproven vax to getting a mild case of covid, some people just feel bulletproof to the vax or anything else, millions of healthy people under the age of 40 simply don't think they are that much at risk, et al
So to summarize:

- They already fucked up and got Covid (valid)
- They have a phobia due to a previous bad experience (understandable)
- They "did their own research" through googling, and Dunning-Kruger'd themselves into thinking they figured it all out

The decision not to get vaccinated is borne from mental health issues, and presents as ignorance and selfishness. Not because you will spread it to others, but because you are putting yourself at risk to becoming a significant burden for your family. All because doctors and needles give you the yips. And I am sympathetic to mental health issues, but let's at least call it by name. It makes sense these people would rally around each other and self-reinforce, but unfortunate how group-think has the power to sway those on the fence.

Feel like I should mention I am against government mandates, though most reasonable people are.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
So to summarize:

- They "did their own research" through googling, and Dunning-Kruger'd themselves into thinking they figured it all out

The decision not to get vaccinated is borne from mental health issues, and presents as ignorance and selfishness. Not because you will spread it to others, but because you are putting yourself at risk to becoming a significant burden for your family. All because doctors and needles give you the yips. And I am sympathetic to mental health issues, but let's at least call it by name. It makes sense these people would rally around each other and self-reinforce, but unfortunate how group-think has the power to sway those on the fence.

Feel like I should mention I am against government mandates, though most reasonable people are.
How very understanding of you. Good of you to at least identify where you are on this issue, although I think it's safe to say it was abundantly clear to even the most casual of observers.

So what I got here is, you weren't looking for a reasonable answer at all, and your response would have been the same regardless of what anyone tried to offer.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Correct, because .... it shouldn't have needed to have been mandated!

Though clearly, sadly the mandates were indeed needed.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
PE comes in to dismiss Topol, while providing literally zero evidence or even argument to the contrary, in 3 ..... 2 ..... 1 ........

Ope3

Reaction score
I got my Pfizer booster yesterday (which I had this spring), jumped at an appointment when it opened up to all adults last Friday. I had the option for Moderna or J&J but stuck with what I had before figuring it worked and previous reaction was pretty mild instead of the cocktail approach.

My arm hurts, but that's it so far. Glad I got on it right away, place I got the shot from is now booked 2+ weeks out.

bga1

Reaction score
From a big picture standpoint that just doesn't pass the smell test. We have gone from 0% to 60% vaxxed in the US this year and overall cases have not dropped. Deaths are reduced but not by anything correlating to what the headline for that study claims.

Wally

Reaction score
I got my Pfizer booster yesterday (which I had this spring), jumped at an appointment when it opened up to all adults last Friday. I had the option for Moderna or J&J but stuck with what I had before figuring it worked and previous reaction was pretty mild instead of the cocktail approach.

My arm hurts, but that's it so far. Glad I got on it right away, place I got the shot from is now booked 2+ weeks out.
My wife and I are getting Moderna boosters Friday. She had J&J, I had Pfizer originally.

Figured we would go with the best one, plus my wife had a bad reaction to her original shot.

bga1

Reaction score
So to summarize:

Honestly, that post might reveal a mental health issue.....as well as massive ignorance, in you. I hope you don't actually believe what you said there. That's a bat crazy post start to finish.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
bga calling someone crazy is like a homeless person riding the light rail calling someone homeless.

You just laugh, then move on :ROFLMAO:

Minnesota

Reaction score
Honestly, that post might reveal a mental health issue.....as well as massive ignorance, in you. I hope you don't actually believe what you said there. That's a bat crazy post start to finish.

You should really check in with your sponsor.

Ope3

Reaction score
My wife and I are getting Moderna boosters Friday. She had J&J, I had Pfizer originally.

Figured we would go with the best one, plus my wife had a bad reaction to her original shot.

Anecdotal, so take it for what it's worth but my first shot (Pfizer) was when I felt the worst even though it was not that bad, just sluggish, a little achy and upset stomach that passed just over 24-36 hours. Shots #2 and #3 (so far) I took hydration much more seriously with a few extra waters and big bottle of Gatorade on shot days.

Felt much better after the subsequent stabs. No idea if it helps with Moderna after effects but other than having to go to the bathroom a little more, nothing to lose. Also helped after my flu shot.

On deck...Shingles (vax)!

GopherNE

Reaction score
Everyone's a little crazy. Here's another one. People who carry guns for self defense are the same who are anti vax and for the same reasons. They are scared, anxious people with mistrust of everyone around them.

Go4Broke

Reaction score

Tracking Covid-19 Vaccinations Worldwide

The U.S. has administered 135 doses of vaccine per 100 people - a rate that is below 68 other countries.
1637940567519.png

Last edited:

Top Bottom