A behind-the-scenes look at Spring Practice #1 (video)

That was exciting!!!! I can't wait for the season to start.

I seriously can't get enough of this stuff. I wish I didn't live 1600 miles from campus.

I love what Coach is doing. And I love Da'Jon's comments about Coach Kill. I'm excited for the season to kick off and what type of player McKnight turns out to be.

you want to play with the best schedule the best. It will be good exp. for them. I would rather play USC than some little sister. I think unless they get blown out it will be a great motivator. We have to work harder.

what I like about this video is it shows Kills really working on the little things to make the players better. Dajon is likely our best player and you could really see coach Kill riding him in the video. But in a teaching way, not a yelling way. Dajon is going to get drafted come next April/May and I think the new staff is really going to improve his stock!

you want to play with the best schedule the best. It will be good exp. for them. I would rather play USC than some little sister. I think unless they get blown out it will be a great motivator. We have to work harder.
Following one of, if not the worst, losses in the program's history last year, they went toe-to-toe with USC for about 3 quarters. I think part of the reason that Mason's teams never took that next step is that they were rarely, if ever tested in the nonconference. If you're used to steamrolling your opponents, it can be tough to make adjustments when you suddenly find yourself in a battle. If you want to evelvate the program, eventually you've got to win games that you're not "supposed" to win. Brewster's at fault for dozens of things, wanting to schedule better opponents isn't one of them.

The intensity of the coaching staff seems to be much higher than Brewster's staff. Not ripping on Brewster, just making an observation. Also, Kill is very involved in the practice. For example, in that tackling drill, I like how he showed the players how to tackle with your head up. It is amazing how much of a better tackler a player becomes when he keeps his head up throughout the tackle. If the players tackled like they are taught by Kill, there will not be many missed tackles.

The intensity of the coaching staff seems to be much higher than Brewster's staff. Not ripping on Brewster, just making an observation. Also, Kill is very involved in the practice. For example, in that tackling drill, I like how he showed the players how to tackle with your head up. It is amazing how much of a better tackler a player becomes when he keeps his head up throughout the tackle. If the players tackled like they are taught by Kill, there will not be many missed tackles.
It's ok - blame aBrewster for everything!!! You are allowed to!

From what I heard in the past Brewster wasn't that physically involved in the practices, ala Jerry Kill taking out a dummie. That is impressive and even though a small thing is huge when it comes to respect from the players. Any coach can sit on the sidelines and bark, but how many can actually run the things they teach. Exciting video of the first day.

Top Bottom