***9/12 Game Day Schedule***

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
UPDATED ***9/12 Game Day Schedule

This is the information I have on the Game Day Schedule. Please add to it or correct it wherever possible. I will make edits to the original posting to make sure the initial post is as accurate and complete as possible.

Band Members, any help on halftime or postgame band contributions would be greatly appreciated.

Rah.

Noon Parking facilities open including tailgate lots

2:30 - 5:30 Goal Line Club Tailgate: Join your fellow Goal Line Club members on the South apron of Williams Arena prior to the Gopher Game Day preview on Saturday. Food and beverage included. $25 per adult with website registration, $35 donation at the door, 1 free-admission for Gold-level members. 12 and under free, teenagers $10 at the door. These pregame events require GLC membership in order to attend this year. Each Maroon or Gold membership allows anyone in that household to attend.

3:00 p.m. Pre-Game Party on McNamara Plaza: Located across University Avenue from TCF Bank Stadium, the alumni center will be open 3 hours prior to home game kick-offs selling food and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. This Game Day Party, both inside and out on the plaza, is free and open to everyone! Other party activities include interactive games, face painting, live music, visits by the spirit squad and Goldy. For those without football tickets, the McNamara Alumni Center will show the Gopher game LIVE on the jumbo screen in Memorial Hall.

4:00 p.m. Gopher Victory Walk: Greet the players and coaches as they exit their team buses and walk to the stadium. Join the U of M Marching Band, Spirit Squads, Goldy and other Gopher Fans to form an exciting tunnel of maroon and gold for the team and gear them up for their big game!!! Gopher Victory Walk to be led by former Gopher Players and Palermo’s Honorary Captain with Goldy and the Tailgate Patrol

4:20 p.m. Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at the student section entrance

4:30 p.m. Gates open (premium seating gates open at 4:00)

4:45 +/- ??? Former Football Players take the field: After the players finish their pre-game warmups, ore than 400 former Gopher players will be honored on the field.

5:00 p.m. Band Pre-Game Show
: The Pride of Minnesota, the University of Minnesota Marching Band, will perform their pre-game show one hour prior to kickoff under the Chippewa County sign.

5:30 p.m. Don’t miss the pre-game ceremonies and be in the stadium 30 minutes prior to kick off to view the following events:
• Pre-game band show on the field (5:35)
• The Air Force Falcon and a bald eagle from the U of M Raptor Center will be on the field
• The Gophers take the field (5:55)
• As Air Force takes the field, a video tribute honoring the U.S. armed forces and featuring the Air Force, will be seen on the video boards (5:55:30)
• Following the National Anthem, four F-16 fighter jets will perform a fly-over (5:56)
• Fireworks (5:57)
• Honorary Captains ceremony and Commemorative Coin Toss (5:58)

6:02 p.m. Kickoff

7:30 +/- Halftime

9:30 +/- End of Game & Post Game Activities

10:30 +/- Shuttles stop running at 1 hour after the conclusion of the game.

Midnight Parking/Tailgating lots close

I've got a few additions :):
6:00 a.m. Al's Breakfast Opens
7:00 a.m. Gopher07 has his first drink in hand
12:45 p.m. Steve French rolls up to tailgating lots in a b.a. Lebaron
12:46 p.m. Steve French leaves lots shamed
3:00 p.m. Inevitable lull between first and second wind
3:15 p.m. Second wind, 10th beer
6:00 p.m. Tears of joy

The only way to start the day...

I've got a few additions :):
6:00 a.m. Al's Breakfast Opens
Short stack Wally Blues, side of fried pig....I can taste it now....

get there 20 minutes early and you beat the old crowd and assure yourself a spot, haven't had al's in ages

Is the team bus coming from Bierman? (I assume so)

Maybe we should have an over/under line on how long it takes to complete the drive ;)

12:45 p.m. Steve French rolls up to tailgating lots in a b.a. Lebaron
12:46 p.m. Steve French leaves lots shamed
]

Can someone please confirm that Steve French is not real (after doing the things he said he would report you for during tailgating). Clearly I do not believe that he is, but in the 1% chance that that dude was not kidding, I would love confirmation and a little story to go along with it.

Can someone please confirm that Steve French is not real (after doing the things he said he would report you for during tailgating). Clearly I do not believe that he is, but in the 1% chance that that dude was not kidding, I would love confirmation and a little story to go along with it.

The guy can't be real. He's posted too many ridiculous things. Like yesterday in the "rain" thread he posted that he had a poncho with 2 head-holes in it that he wears with his wife. That kind of thing plus the slice of pie etc. is just too ridiculous to be true.

Sometime around these hours but definitely up for interpretation on gameday...

8am to 10am - Early morning house party, possibly some drinking games

9 or 11am through 3pm or 4pm... a combination of Library (w/outdoor bar in back lot), Big 10 (Gopher Garden party in U Liquors lot), Sally's (parking lot party), Stub n Herbs (Surly and Schell's trailers)...

3 or 4pm through close to game time... Tailgating, some more beers, brats, what have you....run over to Victory walk at 4....maybe leave for the game early to check out Band, see the sites of the stadium...

Right before the game - check out Gopher Legends taking the field, with flyover (Camera in hand and ready)

6pm A new era....

9pm hopefully celebrating a win....maybe a celebratory leap into the Tribal Nations Fountain?? (I know somebody will)

9:15pm back to Tailgating lot...festivities continue......

What a day, I can't wait any longer...need a beer
www.music.umn.edu/marchingband/songs/MinnMarch.mp3

Top Bottom