8/22 scrimmage and Big Ten network

gophersfan

Reaction score
as you know the Big Ten Network tonight crew will be in Minnesota Saturday August 22. But they will not bring the scrimmage live on TV, they will do a big ten tonight Minnesota practice recap that night. wow, scrimmage and big ten network on the same day. Wonder if Minnesota wanted the big ten tonight crew on this day or it was pre pick.

I went to bigtennetwork.com earlier today to see when the big ten football tour was coming to town and noticed the 8/22 date. I'm not really disappointed about them not televising the scrimmage, I'm guessing there will be plenty of highlights on the show that night. I'm very much looking forward to next weekend.

Well, I got outta work that day saying it was for religious purposes. Now with the BTN here, oh boy.

Well, I got outta work that day saying it was for religious purposes. Now with the BTN here, oh boy.

ha! nice. so were you planning on celebrating festivus early this year?! ;)

great george costanza quote from that episode:

Costanza: They drove my family out of Bayside, sir (for celebrating festivus).

Mr. Kruger (his boss): Are you making all this up too?

Costanza: Oh, no, sir. Festivus is all too real and I could prove it...if I have to.

Mr. Kruger: Yeah, you probably should.

Is this scrimmage going to be a similar format to the spring game?

The latest update on activities on 8/22

Attention! Following the Gopher Victory Walk on Aug. 22nd there will NOT be interactive activities or food and beverages served on McNamara Plaza as previously advertised. These happenings will kick off on Sept. 12th, 3 hours prior to the Gophers vs. Air Force game at 3 pm. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2009 Women's Football Clinic at TCF BANK Stadium
Date: August 28, 2009
Where: TCF Bank Stadium (Guests can use the Benton County Door entrance and check-in at the registration tables.
Tickets are not sent out for this event.)

When: 5:30-8 pm
Event Outline: 5:30-6 pm- Check In
6-7 pm- Stadium tours, photo opportunities & social hour
7-8 pm- Program with Coaches and Players
COST: $25

Price includes an exclusive gift, beverages and hors d'oeuvres
Meet and mingle with the Gopher players and coaches
Tour TCF Bank Stadium and get your picture taken on the field
Learn about the game of football, participate in team clinics and the raffle with great prizes
Payment: To register and pay please visit www.goallineclub.com and go to the on-line store to find the event. You will need to sign up for a FREE on-line membership before you can register.
For additional questions please call 612.624.6004 or email [email protected]
We are still looking for event sponsors and silent auction items, if you are able to help please contact [email protected].

Big Ten Network Football Tour
Golden Gopher Fans... The Big Ten Football Tour is in Minneapolis on Saturday, August 22nd at 9PM CT to capture preseason practice in the new TCF Bank Stadium. Catch Dave Revsine, Gerry DiNardo and Howard Griffith as they give you a behind-the-scenes look at the Golden Gophers as they prepare for the 2009 season. For more information, log onto http://www.bigtennetwork.com/sports/football/Big-Ten-Football-Tour-2009.asp

NEED MORE GRIDIRON IN YOUR DIET? Big Ten Network Football Four Pack...starting September 8th. www.BigTenNetwork.com/Football

Gopher Nature Academy for your Kids! - Exclusively during Golden Gopher Football Home Games
The University of Minnesota Bell Museum of Natural History presents Gopher Nature Academy for your kids exclusively during Golden Gopher Home Games! This is a kid-friendly science experience for Gopher fans ages 6 to 12.

Pre-registration: One week before game day; call 612-624-9050.

Cheer on the Golden Gophers with your littlest boosters only blocks away at the kid-friendly Bell Museum of Natural History's Gopher Nature Academy. During every home game, the Bell Museum will offer four hours of high quality, science-focused learning and entertainment for Gopher fans ages 6 to 12. Each week, kids will learn a new nature craft, enjoy yummy snacks, go on cool tours of the museum's exhibits and learn about animal behavior through games and structured play. Better than a baby sitter, your kids will learn about the real Goldy Gopher, as well as Goldy's athletic rivals, including the Falcons, Badgers, Jackrabbits and Bears!

Please click the link below for all timing and to register your kids!

http://www.bellmuseum.org/calendar.html#specialevents

The Bell Museum is located on the southwest corner of University and 17th Avenues on the University's Minneapolis campus. For information, visit www.bellmuseum.org

Top Bottom