Goldmember

Reaction score
Here are the other programs that are .500 (or may finnish .500). Very few had a schedule of comparable difficulty to the Gophers:

BCS/WAC/MWC/Ind
Florida State
Iowa State
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Kansas
Duke
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Army
South Carolina
Tennessee
UCLA
Hawaii
Wyoming

OTHER FBS CONFERENCES
UAB
Bowling Green
Toldedo
Kent State
Southern Methodist
Louisiana-Monroe

Here are a handful of programs BCS programs that will finnish well below .500:
Virginia
Louisville
Michigan
Illinois
Arizona State
Washington
Mississippi State
Washington State

Edit: This may seem like information hat is easily obtained elsewhere. But I have noticed that most people posting here haven't bothered to look at the stadings this year.

Sooooo, what's your point?

Gee, I thought it was obvious.

It's really hard for a rational person to look at the stadings and look at this board and think that "the meltdown mode" is warranted.

Yes...yes really!

Okay... so that means 15 coahces on this list are on the "hot seat" (according to you).

For them to legitimately have ever been on the "hot seat" to begin with, I'm sure you will concede that at least half of those will have to be fired. Do you really think 8 of these coaches will be fired?

Or, are you being a little bit of a sensationalist (perhaps at the behest of others) by throwing around the phrase "hot seat"?

Well, I think a big part of the cause for alarm was how we ended the season.
If our last game of the season had been the MSU game people would be saying,
"That Brewster is really getting this thing turned around. Our offense is finally
getting it."

Unfortunately, miserable offensive games vs. SDSU and Iowa at the end of the
season make it look like our offense is REALLY bad and they are NOT "getting it."
Our offense looks worse now than it did at the start of the season. We are three
years in and this offense looks like it is progressively getting worse. I do not
know if that is even possible, but it sure looks like it to me.

So that is why I think people are alarmed. I think people would be able to handle
a losing record if it looked like the team was getting better and we had hope for
the future but right now I think there are a lot of Gopher fans wondering if
the coaching staff really knows what it is doing. Defensively I would say yes,
but offensively I think you have to give them another year to see if they can
turn it around. If this offense is still just as big of a joke as it is right now
a year from now then I think you probably have to say that fours years is
enough time to get the offense back to where it was before you got it. I am
NOT happy with what has happened to our offense and I don't think too many
people around here are.

Plus is anyone else sick of .500 records and worse? Sure Oklahoma is .500 but next year they will be fighting for the National Championship and we will be .500 or worse.

Plus is anyone else sick of .500 records and worse? Sure Oklahoma is .500 but next year they will be fighting for the National Championship and we will be .500 or worse.

I think people will still support a team even if they are below .500 if they believe the team
is building or moving in the right direction. I will use Lou Holtz as an example. Holtz inherited
that horrible 1-11 team from Joe Salem and did not have much talent at all. His team the
first year in 1984 finished 4-7 and his next year's team finished 6-5. I probably had more fun
those two years than any other years that I have followed Gopher football. It wasn't
because everyone thought we were national championship contenders, it is because people
believed we were getting better. The Dome was filled to capacity at 60,000 fans. People
will tolerate a "down" year if they think the team is going to get better the next year.

I think the perception on Gopher football is that Tim Brewster may or may not know what he
is doing and he may or may not be coaching this football team in a couple years. We still
don't know, but I will say this - I think he still has a chance to build this team into a very
good football team if he can get that offense on track.

Top Bottom