5 freshmen who could burst onto the scene for the Gophers in 2024

Nathan Roy probably should be on a top 5 list.

Maybe there's a reason, maybe grooming solely for the critical left tackle spot a year? Carroll is versatile guard to guard inside I thought. I'm not sure.

Tony knows less than 2/3 of the posters on this board. Wouldn’t put a lot of thought into what he says.

to me, "burst on the scene" means making an impact on the field.

the Gophers rarely put true FR in the rotation at OL or DL. Sunram and Caroll would have to be absolute phenoms to crack the lineup this season.

Lindsey will not take a snap this year unless Brosmer and Wittke are both too injured to play.

so of the list in the OP, the best chance to burst on the scene are Perich and Rainer because they play a position of need that has been depleted by graduation and injury.

and IF the coaches let Perich return kicks, he is easily the most likely to burst on the scene by running back a punt and/or getting into the playing rotation at Safety.

So took the time to actually read the writeup for better or worse. Essentially Perich and Ranier are guys he is predicting could play as true freshman and make an impact. The other three would all need injuries to happen in front of them so in those cases it would be far less about bursting onto the scene and far more about filling in before they are ready out of necessity.

Top Bottom