43 & 41: Minutes played by Joseph & Hoffarber

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
No one else even close to their minutes. They really gave it everything they had tonight...big shots, tough rebounding, smart passes, charges taken, etc. Colton was a beast too, but at least him fouling out meant he got some rest only playing 27 min...

Let's hope these 2 rest up tonight, along with the rest of the squad and come back with some energy in 15 hours!

Loved Devoe tonight. Loved Blake since 2004. GO GOPHERS!

Hoffarber quietly had a great game, but the difference was that he disappeared at the end and Devoe hit huge shots. Pretty surprising if you look at the numbers considering the feel after the game...Devoe shot 4-14 from the field and Hoffarber shot 5-10.

Those are a lot of minutes. I hope they are not too tired when they are playing in the championship game on Sun.

Hoffarber quietly had a great game, but the difference was that he disappeared at the end and Devoe hit huge shots. Pretty surprising if you look at the numbers considering the feel after the game...Devoe shot 4-14 from the field and Hoffarber shot 5-10.

Blake didn't score late in the game, but he did not disappear. Devoe was hands-down the MVP, but Blake was a huge part of the win on both ends of the floor and when he was scoring and when he was not scoring.

Devoe handled the ball very well and got the half-court offense looking above average with lots of pressure on him.

Biggest bucket of the game was Devoe's first 3 in OT that tied the game back up and calmed the troops.

I just meant that he wasn't really getting looks at the end, and Devoe happened to hit big shots then. I was just pointing out that it was interesting reading their numbers when it seemed like there wasn't much talk about Hoffarber when he had a great game, but he was overshadowed by great late buckets by Devoe, even though he didn't play great outside of the OT. Horrible sentence, but you get the idea...

Blake didn't score late in the game, but he did not disappear. Devoe was hands-down the MVP, but Blake was a huge part of the win on both ends of the floor and when he was scoring and when he was not scoring.

Devoe handled the ball very well and got the half-court offense looking above average with lots of pressure on him.

Biggest bucket of the game was Devoe's first 3 in OT that tied the game back up and calmed the troops.

I just meant that he wasn't really getting looks at the end, and Devoe happened to hit big shots then. I was just pointing out that it was interesting reading their numbers when it seemed like there wasn't much talk about Hoffarber when he had a great game, but he was overshadowed by great late buckets by Devoe, even though he didn't play great outside of the OT. Horrible sentence, but you get the idea...

Roger that. Completely agree with that, then. I am a huge Blake fan, so watch him closely, and he had a fantastic game. A very complete game. He is such an excellent passer.

And to your point, those baskets by Devoe, were so huge.

Agreed. I wish people would appreciate the stuff Blake does other than shooting the 3. I'm sick of hearing he shouldn't be in at all when he isn't scoring.

Roger that. Completely agree with that, then. I am a huge Blake fan, so watch him closely, and he had a fantastic game. A very complete game. He is such an excellent passer.

And to your point, those baskets by Devoe, were so huge.

Got to give props to Colton for his minutes. He "only" had 27 of them, but many were consecutive, and he was constantly battling inside during all those minutes. He seemed to add a nice spark when he first came in. I love Ralph, but he had a shockingly bad game (he'll bounce back), and seeing Colt come in playing like he did, picking up Ralph, the team seemed to respond.

Yep, Blake was terrific aside from his scoring tonight. Colton was 10x better than Sampson tonight. The kid is a big hoss and his finishing now. He has a ton of promise. I also have to give credit to someone who I have been way down on - Devron Bostick. This guy has stepped in to a big role since Senior Night. He played some quality minutes tonight. This has been a very frustrating year - but I am feeling a lot of hope and excitement from the way we have been closing out the year (Michigan as an exception)...

Got to give props to Colton for his minutes. He "only" had 27 of them, but many were consecutive, and he was constantly battling inside during all those minutes. He seemed to add a nice spark when he first came in. I love Ralph, but he had a shockingly bad game (he'll bounce back), and seeing Colt come in playing like he did, picking up Ralph, the team seemed to respond.
Agreed on all accounts.

Agreed. I wish people would appreciate the stuff Blake does other than shooting the 3. I'm sick of hearing he shouldn't be in at all when he isn't scoring.

Me too.

*Best 3 point shooter on the team (duh)
*Best passer on the team (hands down) - makes a lot of very good short passes, gets it into the post, reverses the ball and all his passes have zip
*Very few turnovers and does a great job handling the ball outside the arc
*Above average rebounding guard
*Smart - I would bet my car he understands Tubby's schemes better than anyone
*Moving very good without the ball (a lot better than earlier in the year)
*Decent defender - as good as any other one of our guards
*Excellent team player
*Great attitude
*Ice in his veins
*Tireless

I think next year, you will see him take the ball to the basket more as well. He is a better ball handler now than he has been in the past - much better than he gets credit for. He should work hard on this in the offseason and during the cupcake games next year.

*Smart - I would bet my car he understands Tubby's schemes better than anyone

^This.

Hoffarber may be dumber than a bag of rocks, but there is nobody on the team with more court smarts than him. I have respected him since he stepped on the court for the Gophers a couple years ago. I just wish he were a couple inches bigger so he could have a shot at the NBA, instead of playing pro in Europe.

do you guys think Tubby will play Cobbs, Rodney and Bostick a little more today since we played back-to-back and went to OT late last night? Really been pleased with Bostick's play lately as well!

Bostick has really played well as of late - keep it up Devron.

MSU put huge pressure on Devoe which caused problems all night. Devoe struggled at times but did fine overall but Cobbs would have been eaten up. Thank goodness Joseph stepped up with his shooting otherwise it was a L.

Hoffarber may be dumber than a bag of rocks
You mean the guy with the highest GPA on the team as a Finance major in the Carlson School of Management?

I don't know if that classifies as "dumb?" He gets the Scholar Athlete of the Game nearly every game for his work in the classroom...or haven't you been following the team a lot?

Top Bottom