4 Big Ten teams in SI's "Way-Too-Early 2012 Top 25"

I don't get the Michigan State buzz. They had a great year, but that offense loses pretty much every playmaker besides Bell.

I don't get the Michigan State buzz. They had a great year, but that offense loses pretty much every playmaker besides Bell.

I agree, especially considering that MSU is losing Cousins. If that isn't going to hurt MSU much, why does OK St. drop down to #24 with pretty much the same positions returning? The article makes a good point that MSU (& the other BT schools on the list) need to make their noise now before tUrban Meyer gets a full head of steam. Otherwise, you could pull those school names out of a hat and have an equally plausible list

I don't know, I think they'll be pretty good. Losing Cousins will hurt, but I know they really like Maxwell. Other than him, they are returning 4/5 OL, their RB, and 9 defensive starters (6 of which were on All Big 10 teams).

MSU will again have one of the best Ds in the country and will be fine on offense. if ranked that high to start next season they would be worthy of the ranking.

Sparty's defense should be stout, even though losing Worthy hurts.

Maxwell will be fine once he gets his feet wet (playing Boise State & Notre Dame prior to B1G season should help), the OL will be better, and Bell is a horse. MSU always has a stud receiver or two. Next year will be no different; they'll find a couple. Solid kicking game (Conroy).

Don't know if Sparty will win 11 games for the 3rd straight year, but they & Michigan are the clear favorites to win the Legends. Plus, I think their conference schedule is more manageable next year (Nebraska & Ohio State at home). Wisconsin (on the road) is much more manageable, and nowhere near as dangerous without Wilson. Legends Division likely will hinge on MSU/Michigan game in Ann Arbor.

Top Bottom