3 Signing Day decisions

Reaction score
McDonald, Sibiea, and Gregory. I think we get one of the three.
I'll go with Gregory. Rosevelt Douglas will be the plan B for Sibiea.
A 50/50 shot for Charlie Miller. If Davis bolts we take Michelson.
Sam Lee comes on as a PWO. if none of this happens I think Kill gives one of the grey shirts a full ride and saves one "ship" for a late qualifier.

1) Gregory - still has Minnesota as "High" on Rivals site
2) McDonald - still high on Mn, Vandy, UCLA
3) Sibiea - did he visit Friday?

Miller still listed "high" on Min, NIU, Vandy.

I still think a couple of listed commits are not a) really commits, or b) have no shot of qualifying and have had offer withdrawn.

I looked on Rivals and I count 28 current commits with 3 counting back to last year and 2 possibly counting forward to next year, that leaves the Gophers at 23 and the ability to greyshirt 1 more player. So they may have up to 4 spots remaining if they greyshirt 1 more. Is that correct or am I missing a rule that wold restrict this number further?

1) Gregory - still has Minnesota as "High" on Rivals site
2) McDonald - still high on Mn, Vandy, UCLA
3) Sibiea - did he visit Friday?

Miller still listed "high" on Min, NIU, Vandy.

I still think a couple of listed commits are not a) really commits, or b) have no shot of qualifying and have had offer withdrawn.

Kill did say that the lists put out by certain sites are not entirely accurate. Factor in there may be medical hardship cases thrown in there, plus Gray Shirts. At this point, we cannot even speculate what that number is. Additionally, we still have to go through the Semester yet. Are there going to be attritions/transfers?

So, the twenty eight names on the Rivals list may hold some surprises come Feb 1, and maybe beyond that.

McDonald, Sibiea, and Gregory. I think we get one of the three.
I'll go with Gregory. Rosevelt Douglas will be the plan B for Sibiea.
A 50/50 shot for Charlie Miller. If Davis bolts we take Michelson.
Sam Lee comes on as a PWO. if none of this happens I think Kill gives one of the grey shirts a full ride and saves one "ship" for a late qualifier.
The grayshirts are getting a full ride, just not for this year. It's not like being a grayshirt gives them a lesser scholarship, just delays it.

The grayshirts are getting a full ride, just not for this year. It's not like being a grayshirt gives them a lesser scholarship, just delays it.

Good point. Based on that I'd be surprised if we used Grayshirts much this year. We only have 13 seniors (from what I've read in other posts) so why would we want to tie up one of their schollies on someone from this year? It would seem to make more sense to almost go the other way where we undersign this year and leave a couple on the table for next year...

Good point. Based on that I'd be surprised if we used Grayshirts much this year. We only have 13 seniors (from what I've read in other posts) so why would we want to tie up one of their schollies on someone from this year? It would seem to make more sense to almost go the other way where we undersign this year and leave a couple on the table for next year...

Kill wants numbers and bodies to shore up depth issues. He hopes to bring in 35+ including w/o's.

3 Signing day decisions for me:

Beer, Irish Wiskey, or Bourbon Manhattans?

Nah!

Undersigning gets the team nowhere. Land the players!

I hear what you're saying, and I will admit I've been thinking many of the same things re: grayshirting, but Kill doesn't have the luxury of waiting to bring players in. He needs to bring in as many players as he can as fast as he can. The rest (balancing of classes, positions, etc.) is partially being achieved, but is somewhat compromised by the state of the program. It will sort itself out over time. Having 6 JuCos in the current class helps to achieve that balance.

I hear what you're saying, and I will admit I've been thinking many of the same things re: grayshirting, but Kill doesn't have the luxury of waiting to bring players in. He needs to bring in as many players as he can as fast as he can. The rest (balancing of classes, positions, etc.) is partially being achieved, but is somewhat compromised by the state of the program. It will sort itself out over time. Having 6 JuCos in the current class helps to achieve that balance.

+1

Not sure where to post this but...

@RyanBurnsGI Vero Beach (Fla.) WR Charlie Miller just told me he committed to #Vanderbilt

Things are starting to get interesting...

Not sure where to post this but...

@RyanBurnsGI Vero Beach (Fla.) WR Charlie Miller just told me he committed to #Vanderbilt

Things are starting to get interesting...

Dominoes are starting to fall now that NSD is just around the corner.

What does this mean for Minnesota's pursuit of McDonald? I'm cautiously optimistic that this helps our chances...

Based on a comment I heard last week from Kill, I think Andre will end up staying home and only wanted to take a trip to the West Coast in winter. The way it came out, it sound like a SV type of situation, although Coach Kill doesn't seem like the type that would got for that sort of thing.

I don't have any inside info, just trying to read between the lines as recruits can't be talked about by name.

Tim Riggins said:
Based on a comment I heard last week from Kill, I think Andre will end up staying home and only wanted to take a trip to the West Coast in winter. The way it came out, it sound like a SV type of situation, although Coach Kill doesn't seem like the type that would got for that sort of thing.

I don't have any inside info, just trying to read between the lines as recruits can't be talked about by name.
What was the comment you heard?

Correction: Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Eastern Michigan, and Toledo.

Bet the house on Gregory committing to Purdue come signing day

His twitter handle is @PurduesOwn_RG3

Bleh, we had already cooled on him anyhow.

Top Bottom