2nd straight no-show from Rodney

dboy

Banned
Reaction score
hasn't even take a shot with 13:53 left.
is he injured?

Rodney really taking charge with Trevor down. Nice that he takes the challenge and steps up.

hasn't even take a shot with 13:53 left.
is he injured?

If ever there was a time for Rodney to step up, it's now. A chance to show some leadership as a junior. Wish it would happen, but that doesn't seem to be who he is as a player.

Ruppert, I hope you're right. I would love to be wrong on this one.

Austin.... When you make a steel and you have 5 ft shot

straight on use the backboard son

The backboard is a shooter's best friend. Use it.

The backboard is a shooter's best friend. Use it.
I'm sorry are you a basketball coach of some sort? Every basketball camp I ever went to I was taught not to use the backboard from straight on. Whether it was St. Thomas, MSU, some camp sponsored by the Timberwolves, a camp sponsored by Wally Szczerbiak, or a shooting camp my high school brought in; they all said if you are shooting from straight on using the backboard is not a good idea.

I'm sorry are you a basketball coach of some sort? Every basketball camp I ever went to I was taught not to use the backboard from straight on. Whether it was St. Thomas, MSU, some camp sponsored by the Timberwolves, a camp sponsored by Wally Szczerbiak, or a shooting camp my high school brought in; they all said if you are shooting from straight on using the backboard is not a good idea.

zambam, you are correct...the backboard is best to be used for any fairly close in (12 feet or so) angle shot. straight on go right over the front of the rim. my bad for not being clear to begin with.

zambam, you are correct...the backboard is best to be used for any fairly close in (12 feet or so) angle shot. straight on go right over the front of the rim. my bad for not being clear to begin with.

Nothing but net for me.

Haven't missed a shot in years.

It depends on your body position; he wasn't going straight up. He was on the move forward from about 5-8 feet. That throws your perception off releasing the shot. The use of the backboard in this case would have been a better option. If you recorded it you would see that.

Actually from what I've seen people try that very thing, because they are moving forward there shot seems to have more power and hits the back board too hard.

Just to clarify, replayed the game and this play just came up. Austin was in front of the basket but the way he shot it made it go up from an angle. Definitely should have used the board.

Top Bottom