247Sports predicts every Big Ten football teams record in 2023 (MN: 8-4 overall, 6-3 in conference; "Gophers are primed to challenge for the Big Ten")

I don't disagree, but eventually we're going to have to beat a team like Michigan during a season when it matters, like beating Penn State in 2019. If we're going to progress, we have to get to the point where playing OSU and Michigan doesn't automatically make our ceiling eight wins.
Hopefully we won’t end up being one of the unlucky few Big Ten teams that had to play both in the same season, every other year in the new schedule format.

Just once, I'd like for things to click when the schedule looks dire.
No injuries, no questionable playcalls or game decisions that come back to bite us.

Can we knock off one of the B1G East monsters?
Can we just beat Iowa already?
Can we make a statement early in the schedule that this team is ready to play?

Last season, after the MSU game, I actually thought this team was different.
We smoked the non-cons in a fashion we'd never seen since Mason.
We didn't just beat MSU on the road, we dominated every facet of the game.
Then we mess around and lost to Purdue. We lost to Iowa who we had on the ropes the entire game.

I believe in a Rossi led defense. I have hope that AK and our receiving weapons will give us the modern offense we deserve. And I hope that our record this season will reflect this.
Right but MSU was not a legit team early last year. That win ended up being closer to the Colorado win.

Top Bottom