2025 Road game

IrishGoph55

Reaction score
So now that the UCLA game is over, which seemed to be the road destination trip of choice this season. What’s everyone’s plan for next season? Gotta be Oregon right? I’m from LA still prob drive up to Berkeley as well. Would be fun to go to Northwestern to see em play in the temp stadium……. But Oregon is my for sure trip next season.

Oregon is a cool place for a game. I wasn’t blown away by it though.

@ tOSU a fun opportunity for fans as well.

The game at Cal could be fun. Spend some time in SF beforehand - or even a Napa Valley tour.

Regarding an OSU trip? FWIW - here is my report from last year's game:

If you have never been to Ohio Stadium, it might be worth one visit for the “experience.” I have gone to several games over the years and will not be returning anytime soon. In Ohio Stadium the amount of "bench space" for your seat is 18" - the average male has a shoulder width of 21-22," not to mention what the average "butt-size" must be. When I found my seats at the OSU game, the guy next to me must of taken up over 2 seats of bench space (and he wasn't the only one). He knew the drill, got there early and never moved. My buddy and I were left with about a foot of space for the two of us. Talked to the ushers - they just shrugged their shoulders. Standing the entire game (much of it in the aisle) during a 37-3 beatdown from the Buckeyes was about as miserable experience at a football game that I have been a part of.

Last edited:

We had a great experience at Ohio State. This was back in 2009 and it happened to be the game Eric Decker had his season ending foot injury. We drove and it was a really fun road trip. Stopped at the U.S. Airforce Museum, loved that, and had great food in Columbus both Friday and Saturday nights. After the game we ate at a little burger/beer joint called the Thurman Cafe. People everywhere were nice. One old fella in our hotel elevator wanted to talk at length about old Gopher stars of the 60's. He knew more about that era of Gopher football than I did. All in all everyone was super nice. A couple might have even crossed the line into being a bit patronizing.

At the Thurman Cafe - highly recommend it and its massive unique burgers. No reservations accepted there and nearly no hope of getting a table. But, we were determined so we were doing the best we could squeezing in where we could. Out of nowhere, some younger OSU fans that had also been at the game got their table and one of them walked right up to us and said they'd be happy to "host" us at their table. I wasn't really into making friends after losing Decker in yet another Brewster loss but having one of our kids with us (he was 11 at the time) and considering we'd be jammed in there for at least a couple hours before getting a booth/table got me in the mood to compromise. We had an amazingly good time with those people and I think my wife is facebook friends with one of the gals to this day. We ended up spending the whole evening with them and they went a long way toward changing my impression of Ohio State fans in terms of ranking them closer to the top of the B1G than the bottom, overall.

Hopefully next year isn’t quite as frontloaded of a schedule.

I love gopher football but man even I get tired with a lot of games in a row.

probably Cal. OSU was fun prior even if we got shit kicked. Nice pub scene and overall they don't care enough about us to be anything other than hospitable (though that may change if we won). Oregon's campus is beautiful and cool to see, esp if you are into Track and Field and want to see the stadium and their campus running trail. Cal I've never been to and will likely be a competitive game. We may as well continue the Cali takeover.

Probably northwestern. Would be good with either their lakeside temp stadium or wrigley just for the experience, I know it’s a shit field for football

The game at Cal could be fun. Spend some time in SF beforehand - or even a Napa Valley tour.

Regarding an OSU trip? FWIW - here is my report from last year's game:

If you have never been to Ohio Stadium, it might be worth one visit for the “experience.” I have gone to several games over the years and will not be returning anytime soon. In Ohio Stadium the amount of "bench space" for your seat is 18" - the average male has a shoulder width of 21-22," not to mention what the average "butt-size" must be. When I found my seats at the OSU game, the guy next to me must of taken up over 2 seats of bench space (and he wasn't the only one). He knew the drill, got there early and never moved. My buddy and I were left with about a foot of space for the two of us. Talked to the ushers - they just shrugged their shoulders. Standing the entire game (much of it in the aisle) during a 37-3 beatdown from the Buckeyes was about as miserable experience at a football game that I have been a part of.

I went to Cal for the last trip there and had a great time. Ended up talking with Marion Barber, Jr. for about half a quarter -- he was incredibly gracious, granted the game was over by that point. Berkeley has a great game day experience. You can get there via BART and there are plenty of bars nearby. You might even stumble into Adam Duritz. Or he might stumble into you.

I'll be at the Oregon and Cal games. I can't wait!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom