2024 ESPYS

Gophers1992

Reaction score
So far Serena is a horribly uninteresting host, the breakthrough athlete award went to someone most people have barely heard of, and the first two awards have been announced by guys who can hardly read. I remember when this used to be an event I looked forward to.

Maybe an easy stance to take since I've lived overseas for the last 16 years but I'm proud to say I've never watched an ESPY's show (it joins the Kardashians show in this category). I've always thought that sports is the one arena where awards shows were pretty much pointless because, well, that's why the games are played, right?

Maybe an easy stance to take since I've lived overseas for the last 16 years but I'm proud to say I've never watched an ESPY's show (it joins the Kardashians show in this category). I've always thought that sports is the one arena where awards shows were pretty much pointless because, well, that's why the games are played, right?
I have vague recollections of recording/speed watching the 2 times that Blake Hoffarber was nominated but that's about it other than the famous Jimmy V speech which I caught on a re-air a day or so after the original broadcast.

Well said. Maybe I’m romanticizing the past, but I just feel like it used to be a better show.

The ESPY's are still a thing?

Who knew?
Yeah they even have someone running up and down the aisles rapping lyrics that I can't imagine anyone can understand. Between that and Serena fumbling her way through some terribly written jokes, you really missed out.

That's how I feel about the Olympics. I will watch about the same amount of both.
One of my biggest laments about being overseas is watching live sports (that I care about). But the Olympics are pretty awesome because it’s just about the sports; little time is spent on human interest stories, it’s just cutting from one sport to another and watching stuff that brings me back to Wide World of Sports days.

One of my biggest laments about being overseas is watching live sports (that I care about). But the Olympics are pretty awesome because it’s just about the sports; little time is spent on human interest stories, it’s just cutting from one sport to another and watching stuff that brings me back to Wide World of Sports days.
Which is I will probably watch most of my Olympics on Peacock. If it is anything like old NBC Olympics app, the coverage is a lot like all the other international coverage. Just the sport that is going on.

Top Bottom