All Things 2024 Daniel Freitag Recruitment Thread (Gophers Have Offered)

Already lost him to Wisconsin. LOL. I'm telling you all now so you don't get your hopes up that Ben can land this guy in 2024.

As a Jefferson grad, I watched a few games last year to see what he was about. He's not at the level of like a Tyus or Suggs was their freshman year, but few are. He ran the offense well, was disruptive on defense and had enough creation ability to get 8-10 pts a game.

Jefferson rarely plays freshman on varsity, the only ones I can remember in the past 20 years are Cole Aldrich, Moses Alipate, and Marcus Alipate. All D1 level athletes, only reason Marcus went to St. Thomas was he topped out around 5'10".

Great news! Like the picture he used as well - three MN kids that Ben recruited to MN.

Scored 34 out of 50 points for Jefferson as they beat Chaska by 2 points last night
Those are the types of stats Jericho Sims had in high school at the small school he played for. Crazy in big school ball!

Saw him play Edina last Saturday, and he jumped off the game vs. the Edina 6’9” center (almost won the ball too), and spent much of the game guarding him. He is a very willing defender, and I love his overall game. I was talking to the Bloomington coaches after the game and mentioned that it was quite the task to be guarding that center, and my buddy on the staff said “we can ask a lot of him”.
They say he’s a great kid, but I keep quiet on any recruiting talk. I don’t ask about that.

Put up 40 on Orono last night. Will be interesting to see where 247 ranks him, right now they have 59 players ranked for 2024 and he is not on there.

I know someone from Orono who was at the game last night, said it was one of the most impressive games hes ever seen. Said he did not force a single shot and that 42 was just in the flow of the game and he was trying to get his teammates going all night.
Is it bad that im worried not that he will be ranked, but that he will climb high enough to get the Mich St/Kansas/Texas of the world to notice and take him out of our range? ha

I know someone from Orono who was at the game last night, said it was one of the most impressive games hes ever seen. Said he did not force a single shot and that 42 was just in the flow of the game and he was trying to get his teammates going all night.
Is it bad that im worried not that he will be ranked, but that he will climb high enough to get the Mich St/Kansas/Texas of the world to notice and take him out of our range? ha
I could see that happening for sure. It never ends in Minnesota, he'll he the next high ranked player. Surprised he wasn't top 59 in 247

Johnson was supposedly hired to flip the script on this stuff. Ben shouldn't be excused from the pressure of major college recruiting because he's new and inexperienced. My expectation is that the Gophers are a player for this kid even if the blue bloods come to call. If we're 2-3 years into this by that time and Minnesota isn't yet contending for the top players in the state, we made the wrong hire.

Top Bottom