2024-25 Big Ten Free Agent Signings

Hoiberg after Morgan, JOJ, and Payne. He should just take Carrington and Ihnen too. Say did he do any tampering in Mankato while he was in Waseca?

How is Rutgers suddenly doing this???? Did they find a bag of $$$$$ somewhere? 2 McDonald AA top 10 recruits and 2 more very highly rated transfers. To RUTGERS?????

How is Rutgers suddenly doing this???? Did they find a bag of $$$$$ somewhere? 2 McDonald AA top 10 recruits and 2 more very highly rated transfers. To RUTGERS?????
One of the transfers (Zach Martini) is a hometown kid from NJ and Princeton grad which I don't think the Ivy allows the 5 year thing for the bonus Covid season.

A good chance a Princeton grad could make more money in the regular job market than from Rutgers NIL.

My friends from Manhattan tell me you can’t pay people enough to live in Jersey. Truly miraculous!
Depends on where, I doubt they would turn down Avalon or Stone Harbor.

Depends on where, I doubt they would turn down Avalon or Stone Harbor.
Well, everything dies, baby that's a fact
But maybe everything that dies some day comes back
Put your makeup on, fix your hair up pretty
And meet me tonight in Atlantic City

companies. fanatics, goldman sachs, prudential financial to name a few

Just saw a yahoo alert that Bronny James is declaring for the draft but also going into the portal.

Just saw a yahoo alert that Bronny James is declaring for the draft but also going into the portal.
Not a surprise. Isn’t he a borderline first round pick? That’s a common move for guys with that outlook.

companies. fanatics, goldman sachs, prudential financial to name a few
None of those companies sound like candidates to pour money into buying players, though. I’ve never perceived Rutgers to be a place with sports fanatics.

It feels like he would be a good fit at Minnesota.

Not a surprise. Isn’t he a borderline first round pick? That’s a common move for guys with that outlook.

He's also still maintaining his college eligibility per some procedure. James may be back to college.

None of those companies sound like candidates to pour money into buying players, though. I’ve never perceived Rutgers to be a place with sports fanatics.
Due to its location, Rutgers has many alumni working for these corporations. The visibility of the B1G and now a national conference has sparked interest in Rutgers from marketing and financial firms in NYC that are not connected to Rutgers through alums. Rutgers has hardcore fans, but perception takes a more prominent stage presence, especially from different parts of the country.

OSU’s Zed Key enters the portal.

Don’t know if he’s within our reach, but definitely wouldn’t mind Gophers adding him. Post player, banger, works hard,
The 2022-23 Zed Key would be great… even last year he wasn’t terrible just lost minutes to Okpara and it was hard for those two to play together

60 some already in the portal and chances are Purdue will join the fray at least a little after Monday. And this doesn't even factor in guys that are graduating and out of eligibility. The amount of player movement is just unreal when you see it laid out like this.

60 some already in the portal and chances are Purdue will join the fray at least a little after Monday. And this doesn't even factor in guys that are graduating and out of eligibility.

Yes, and the eligibility expiration definitely hits some more than others. Nebraska has 4 players in the portal but they have three more out of eligibility. Illinois has only one player in the portal (who has committed) but they have 4 players out of eligibility and a 5th (Coleman Hawkins) who has played 4 years and has entered his name in the NBA draft. He's maintaining his eligibility but my guess is that he will get some kind of contract offer and not return.

We have 5 in the portal which is one of the higher numbers in the conference but we have no players out of eligibility which might be the only team in the conference with that number.

Yes, and the eligibility expiration definitely hits some more than others. Nebraska has 4 players in the portal but they have three more out of eligibility. Illinois has only one player in the portal (who has committed) but they have 4 players out of eligibility and a 5th (Coleman Hawkins) who has played 4 years and has entered his name in the NBA draft. He's maintaining his eligibility but my guess is that he will get some kind of contract offer and not return.

We have 5 in the portal which is one of the higher numbers in the conference but we have no players out of eligibility which might be the only team in the conference with that number.
I have a feeling there will be a time when we look back at this current era and the roster churn in awe for how crazy it has been. It is easy to forget that it was not that long ago that players were likely to stick around for their entire college career when the signed out of high school unless they couldn't cut it at the D1 level and needed to transfer down in class. Guys that don't transfer are becoming the exception these days.

Top Bottom