2023 USA Women's Pan American Cup August 4-14

4EverAGopher

Reaction score
According to a very reliable poster on another forum, I am very happy to announce both Sarah Wilhite-Parsons and Stephanie Samedy have made this USA roster. I will post how we can watch these matches, as soon as I find out that information.

Many former BIG players are joining them. Wisconsin's Sidney Hilley and Danielle Hart and Penn State's Simone Lee and Kendall White to name a few.

You can see the roster on the IG reel of USAv (Barring any changes)

S: Gray, Hilley
Opp: Mims, Samedy
OH: Lee, SWP, Logan, Brooke
MB: Haneline, Hart, Gray, Gates
L: Zoe, White

Last edited:

GREAT NEWS!

Just got home and I see somebody found a Facebook sight that will be broadcasting all the matches live.

Zona Zaguera TV

·

LIKE AND SHARE Zona Zaguera TV
With the approval of the Puerto Rican Volleyball Federation, we will broadcast all matches with the exception of Puerto Rico and the Semi Finals and Final.
Up next 6:00pm vs Colombia Canada

USA did win their first match 3 -0.....no SWP or SS.
USA stats

Mims: 13k (.379), 4b
Eggleston: 13k (.276), 1a
Hart: 8k (.750), 3b, 2a
Lee: 7k (.875), 1b
Gray: 5k (.714)
Nuneviller: 4k (.273), 1b, 2a

Digs
Fleck 12, Mims 10, Logan 10, Hilley 10, Brooke 4, Lee 2

Passing (excellent %)
Logan: 70% (1 error/10 attempts)
Brooke: 59% (0 errors/17 attempts)
Simone: 38% (0 errors/8 attempts)
Zoe: 60% (0 errors/5 attempts)

USA vs. Columbia LIVE.... Sorry SWP (#13) is playing this match today. I enjoyed the broadcaster pronouncing SS as Same Day in yesterday's match.

Zona Zaguera TV on Facebook. USA Starters are:

Jenna Gray-Mims
Lee-Parsons
Serena Gray-Gates

Last edited:

USA plays Canada at 5pm CT tonight, Thursday.

USA-Canada is gonna be really delayed.

Mexico-Chile is just at the start of set 2... so maybe 6-6:30 CT ish?

LIVE and starters for Team USA -

Gray-Samedy (#34)
Parsons (#13)-Lee
Gates-Gray

Last edited:

Schedule for today is

9th Place Match
Chile-Costa Rica 11am CT

5-8th Places
Colombia-Mexico 1pm CT
Canada-Peru 3pm CT

Semifinals
USA-Argentina 5pm CT (but lets be honest, it will probably be 6 or even 7pm ish)
Puerto Rico-Dominican Republic 7pm CT

I don't know the roster for the upcoming match, but it will be on YouTube. Word is the previous matches are all complete. USA vs. Argentina should be ready to view very soon.

Argentina defeated USA 3-1 (24-26, 25-23, 25-23, 27-25). The host team, Puerto Rico, outlasted the Dominion Republic 3-2.

I was very surprised how poorly this team performed in this match....especially, when they gave up at least 6 point leads in a couple of the sets. Personally, I was expecting higher caliber volleyball from all of them.

Fans on another forum are expressing thei displeasure in the HC and his staff for not giving these players the direction they needed in this match.

Head Coach: Brad Rostratter
Assistant Coach: Jonathan Charette
Assistant Coach: Cursty Jackson
Team Manager: John Xie
Performance Analyst: AJ Ruttenberg
Athletic Trainer: Mandolyn Peterson

Argentina was just digging everything we sent their way. Some stats of the match are as following:

Lee 18, Mims 15, Gates 12, Parsons 8, Samedy 8, S Gray 6, Haneline 4, Eggleston 3, J Gray 2

14-4 in service errors...

24-12 in getting tooled off the block

Sunday August 13
3p.m.CT Bronze Medal Match: United States vs. Dominican Republic...expect a delay in starting.

Starting lineup for USA:
Logan-Lee
Gates-Haneline
Gray-Samedy

USA up 1-0 and are up 9-4 in set two. Our SS came to play today!

Last edited:

USA wins the Bronze by defeating Dominican Republic 3-1 (25-22, 25-20, 21-25, 27-25).

SS had a fantastic match with 16 kills. Her defense was spot on too. Fans are mentioning how she has a better back court game then the three Opp's presently on the USA National Team - Jordan Thompson, Annie Drews, Danielle Cuttino....but us Minnesota fans already knew that. So happy for the USA Team and Stephanie.

You can view the match by subscribing to the Federacion Puertorriquena de Voleibol.....it is FREE. It is available on YouTube.

USA wins the Bronze by defeating Dominican Republic 3-1 (25-22, 25-20, 21-25, 27-25).

SS had a fantastic match with 16 kills. Her defense was spot on too. Fans are mentioning how she has a better back court game then the three Opp's presently on the USA National Team - Jordan Thompson, Annie Drews, Danielle Cuttino....but us Minnesota fans already knew that. So happy for the USA Team and Stephanie.

You can view the match by subscribing to the Federacion Puertorriquena de Voleibol.....it is FREE. It is available on YouTube.

Yes, we know what she's capable of and so do the coaches. I wouldn't say DR was an inferior opponent, but they are not the likes of Turkiye, Brazil or China. I mean we wouldn't know until she's actually given a chance to prove herself on the national stage i.e. VNL and Olympics.

Top Bottom