2023 Pressure Check Rankings: Which Big Ten head coaches are under the most pressure to win this fall? (PJ Fleck, MN: Medium)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Jesse is a dink:

P.J. Fleck, Minnesota — Medium

Minnesota has rowed the boat to back-to-back 9-4 seasons, but P.J. Fleck faces more pressure than you’d think because of what is about to happen for the Gophers moving forward.

Their hierarchy in the Big Ten is about to become much more difficult with the end of divisions and the introduction of USC and UCLA to the league.

Minnesota has never made the Big Ten Championship and this fall might be its last opportunity to do so barring some unforeseen miracle season in the future.

Go Gophers!!

The Medium part is a bit deceiving but the ranking at the bottom seems pretty accurate for PJ at #9.
If Ryan Day would lose to Michigan again this year....that would make people wacky.
If Iowa has a bad or mediocre season are there enough folks in Iowa who would like Ferentz to retire?
I don't see Schiano as high as 5...probably swap him and Fitzgerald?

I think Fitz can stay at N.W as long as he wants. He does have 2 B1G west banners.

If tOSU loses to mich again I could see that job opening. Mich state with another down year do they say F it and make that buyout.... Indiana has to be a hot seat as well...

P.j. has brought the most winning in 60 years. His seat is safe and will be unless things change drastically...

And Kirk at Iowa. I think a down season makes his 24 campaign a must win as his seat will become hot

I think Fitz can stay at N.W as long as he wants. He does have 2 B1G west banners.

If tOSU loses to mich again I could see that job opening. Mich state with another down year do they say F it and make that buyout.... Indiana has to be a hot seat as well...

P.j. has brought the most winning in 60 years. His seat is safe and will be unless things change drastically...

And Kirk at Iowa. I think a down season makes his 24 campaign a must win as his seat will become hot
A lot of Northwestern fans are frustrated with Fitz and his lack of changes to staff that led to the ugly last couple of years. I don't think he's on the hot seat, but his seat is definitely no longer ice cold.

A lot of Northwestern fans are frustrated with Fitz and his lack of changes to staff that led to the ugly last couple of years. I don't think he's on the hot seat, but his seat is definitely no longer ice cold.
Yeah I talk to people when I go to NW to see games. Most seem to feel like he's moving in the direction of hanging it up before he could get fired. So a couple more bad years and I'd expect a change one way or the other.

Switching coaches wouldn't do a damn thing to solve the challenge of a more difficult upcoming schedule or the end of divisional play.

It is what it is, for any head football coach at the U.

So I don't get why that's the main premise of his take.

I think Locksley isn’t as safe as it would appear.
He no longer gets to play Indiana and Rutgers every year starting in 2024.

He is 21-28 (11-27) at Maryland. If they were go go 3-9 or have back to back 5-7s I think he would be gone.

I don’t predict that. But he is at least medium pressure to win. Unless Maryland really doesn’t care at all.

How Tom Allen still has a job is amazing. In non-Covid years he is 24-38 (11-34)

Top Bottom