Big 10 scheduling tidbits

Is it safe to say that with no more ACC challenge, and maybe/maybe not a Gavitt game, and with the team's prospects not looking good for the upcoming season at the moment, the non-conference schedule could be pretty bleak this year?

Is it safe to say that with no more ACC challenge, and maybe/maybe not a Gavitt game, and with the team's prospects not looking good for the upcoming season at the moment, the non-conference schedule could be pretty bleak this year?
I would agree that's likely. The reality this season is Ben needs to schedule a lot of easy wins in November/December.

If we get a Gavitt game would expect it to be on the road. Would guess having a Power 6 opponent at The Barn is very much up in the air.

Would be pretty cool if we got San Diego State in the first game of that MTE. My guess is it probably happens so there can potentially be a Washington/SDSU final. Or if the TBD team is better than Washington that team faces up against SDSU.

Wish it was Idaho so Wilson can get even with them for limiting his minutes.

SDSU is fine too so we can get even with Dutcher for turning down our job.

Updates today include Gophers now out of Main Event in Las Vegas.

Need one more home cupcake. We need wins and experience for all the players. To heck with strength of schedule. The B1G schedule will handle that.

Updated 5/8 with Indiana & Iowa schedule additions.

Gophers still sitting at 3 of 11 confirmed games.

Iowa playing Florida A&M on Dec. 16 at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines.

Northwestern draws Rhode Island in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off.

Mississippi State vs. Wazzu the other semifinal.

Marcus Fuller reporting that the Gophers may play a neutral site game at Golden State's arena vs. San Francisco.
I'm sure the players will love playing at the Chase Center, fun experience for them. I'm a little sad we're not playing at War Memorial Gym, though, what a cool, historic arena.

Schedules updated with Gavitt Games annoucment.

Wisconsin's schedule looks quite stout so far.

Schedules updated with Gavitt Games annoucment.

Wisconsin's schedule looks quite stout so far.
and Minnesota's looks like UW-Stout...

If I'm reading this right, every other team has at least a P6 on their schedule (Rutgers doesn't have any tourney teams, but they have Wake Forest and Seton Hall). I also checked last year's noncon SOS, which was #345 on kenpom. I guess that was too tough.

FAU is the TBD in the Penn State early season tournament. That's going to be a hell of a field. So many good early season tournaments.

If I'm reading this right, every other team has at least a P6 on their schedule (Rutgers doesn't have any tourney teams, but they have Wake Forest and Seton Hall). I also checked last year's noncon SOS, which was #345 on kenpom. I guess that was too tough.

A combined 46 games against P6 schools and that's not counting games that may happen like MD/Clemson etc...

It's not gonna get any better for us. Such a shame we backed out on Vegas. Yeah, we would have probably lost, but playing that competition would have been intriguing.

When in doubt, schedule like Stout? Is that the saying…?

Top Bottom