2021 Season: Week 0 Other Games Thread

Aren't all week 0 games "Other Games"? Could just call the thread "Week 0 Games Thread".

Have to complain about something, I guess. So happy football is back!!!!
Watching Neb Ill I don't know you could even call it a game, let alone classify it somewhere. This is ugly but I love watching it like a "B" movie.

Yes. Although he isn’t doing well, he has shown to be competent at other stops. He also is Nebraska’s golden child.

If he fails, they will turn into the 1980s 1990s gophers.

20 years from a national title. 10 years since real contention in their conference. If he gets fired. They go the way of Minnesota and Pittsburg.
Nebraska is the new Pitt

Yes. Although he isn’t doing well, he has shown to be competent at other stops. He also is Nebraska’s golden child.

If he fails, they will turn into the 1980s 1990s gophers.

20 years from a national title. 10 years since real contention in their conference. If he gets fired. They go the way of Minnesota and Pittsburg.
What makes you think that they would sink the gophers level of depravity? The lack of competition in NE, their fanbase, stadium and boosters seem to be inherent things that would inoculate them from reaching rock bottom. I concede that their fanbase and boosters could go the way of apathy -- but I do think we are at least 5 years from the bottom falling out on that support.

p.s. Why is Paul Giel not taken to task more often for presiding over a department that let the football team languish.

Top Bottom